Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of site are we looking for? Shallow or deep?

Attachments

• TheRetreat_1.jpg
    TheRetreat_1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 68

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to metal detect, probably the red circles.

Attachments

• TheRetreat_1crop.jpg
    TheRetreat_1crop.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be shallow jars. I've two boxed it but not up that far. Thank you, I'll check that area out.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie, try checking in or around that spot, for to see if you get any gemstone signals. I don't think I'd bothered doing a gem check earlier, but if I check now it is the same place you got gold.

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie, try checking in or around that spot, for to see if you get any gemstone signals. I don't think I'd bothered doing a gem check earlier, but if I check now it is the same place you got gold.

no red i don't pick any up might be stuff in old glass messing with you?old glass was not very pure like they are now days.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Check here, dot spot..

OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get back out there just as soon as the ground dries up again. Until recently I had not been able to pinpoint the actual location of the old homesite. With the recent discovery of some old aerial photos I was able to do an overlay in GE and get dialed in within reason. It's interesting that the general area that you are pointing me to is further to the West than where I would have normally concentrated my search, but now looking at an 1884 plat map I may see a connection. I also suspect silver based on previous finds (possibly broken jar spread out).

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get back out there just as soon as the ground dries up again. Until recently I had not been able to pinpoint the actual location of the old homesite. With the recent discovery of some old aerial photos I was able to do an overlay in GE and get dialed in within reason. It's interesting that the general area that you are pointing me to is further to the West than where I would have normally concentrated my search, but now looking at an 1884 plat map I may see a connection. I also suspect silver based on previous finds (possibly broken jar spread out).
Old places are easy to find there nail,glass,all kinds of junk around a old homesite,you can tell for sure when you find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread