Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks in advance ! I made my first attempt at map dowsing and i hope that you all can dowse my first pic and see if you get any hits. There certainly wont be any gold mines and that is a fact. This place is at the end of my street so i figured as good of place as any to practice , or attempt , as any. This river crossing was within a few hundred yards of the first settlers home when it was still full of natives. I did get a hit but don't want to say more until the experts confirm or deny... as i said this is my first attempt. Maybe i should have attempted a pic where i know there is a huge gold mine... but i didn't. Thanks a million... gotta start somewhere. Lou forks zoom.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is right about the center of map?

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Red , the center of the map is the point where the east and west branches of the Black river meet. The banks of the stream there are very rocky . Just off the map to the north ( 100 feet or so ) was an old native campsite that was used for centuries before the white man ran them off.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it looked like a river or stream fork might be located there. Probably some signals just over the river SW of where they join.

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red , i appreciate it. As i said this was a practice attempt for me . I am trying to learn. This location has a rich history as there was a native campsite there for many centuries , was within a hundred yards of the first settled plot when the white man came , Had a cave where loot was stashes from a huge fur store robbery , and supposedly an iron pot full of coins from a stage coach robbery , maybe more than one robbery at that is buried there. Some time over the last 10 years or so they banned metal detecting there , and don't get caught in the river with a shovel. Even the military ran maneuvers there years ago. This spot was supposedly one of the original fords for river crossings , i am sure at least one coach or wagon overturned... almost had to. Just too bad i can't investigate. THANKS AGAIN. I APPRECIATE THE HELP !!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red , i appreciate it. As i said this was a practice attempt for me . I am trying to learn. This location has a rich history as there was a native campsite there for many centuries , was within a hundred yards of the first settled plot when the white man came , Had a cave where loot was stashes from a huge fur store robbery , and supposedly an iron pot full of coins from a stage coach robbery , maybe more than one robbery at that is buried there. Some time over the last 10 years or so they banned metal detecting there , and don't get caught in the river with a shovel. Even the military ran maneuvers there years ago. This spot was supposedly one of the original fords for river crossings , i am sure at least one coach or wagon overturned... almost had to. Just too bad i can't investigate. THANKS AGAIN. I APPRECIATE THE HELP !!!
Well, sounds to me a very good detailed explanation, for all the signals found there...thanks for feedback! :coffee2:

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks aarth... hope you had a great weekend. I had been hoping to work that whole sandbar for relics and also coins , but changed my mind as i dont want to go to jail when i showed up with a shovel and sifter. That is the spot that showed up when i was trying to dowse , wasn't sure about any of it... or the crystal i used either. Oh yeah , the police station is just off map to the left. Thanks again Guys !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread