The Body antenna.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read the other day in this forum about how to use your body as an antenna to boost transmitters to increase their range.

You will need two things: A car / truck that you can lock and unlock the doors from a distance with your remote key transmitter.

Now, go to a location where you can walk away from your vehicle and still see it. As you walk away from it, hit the key transmitter to find its maximum range to where it no longer locks or unlocks the doors. On my truck, the way I can tell is I can see the lights flash. Yours might do the same.

Next, while holding your key transmitter on your CHIN (Yes, on your CHIN), keep walking away and press the transmitter button from time to time as you get even farther away from your vehicle. Eventually, you will be way out there, but still locking and unlocking the doors.

When I did this today with my truck, the range of my key transmitter literally doubled.

Has anyone else done or know about this?

Les.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That low little power transmitter has no capability to use the body
as a transmitting antenna. If anything, the body mass will attenuate the
signal from the transmitter.

But then, weird things are known to happen...
bur2.gif~original

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Science Alert!

It is the water in your brain that causes this to happen, it is explained and demonstrated in this video by Dr Roger Bowley, a theoretician in Physics at the University of Nottingham.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aart: I first read about it then went out into the desert to give it a try and reported my findings.

Now, to get it reversed to where your body is the receiver that picks up the signal from treasure in the ground when dowsing. OOPS, that seems to be already happening. Of course in Einsteins day, I don't think they had cars with remote transmitters to discover this. But none the less, he attributed the way dowsing works as being attached to our nervous system..

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now your gonna have folks putting dowsing rods on their chin walking around. Now that is gonna spook a few folks out.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe a week ago I stumbled on a tv shop called Hacking something somewhere on Dish. They had a car with electric door locks and using a tape measure to be accurate walked until the remote wouldn't work. Then the went farther and put it on their head or somewhere (I was distracted).
By their tape rule they were able to extend the distance of the remote quite a ways.
My guess as the human body has capacitance, Working with the inductor in the remote the signal increased.
Body capacitance can be demonstrated with a pair of rabbit ear antennas and an old analog TV that's a ways away from a good signal. I used to mess around in my kitchen with weak signals. When I would pick the antenna up. out touching the actual rabbits, my signal would change fair to good. This is my rabbit ear attenuation theory.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite Martian comes to mind.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're just adding a reflector to your key fob. Instead of transmitting the signal all around like an Omni CB antenna, you're adding a reflector making it more directional like a beam antenna. A simple test is to hang a piece of aluminum foil behind your cable router about 3"s away from it. Check your signal strength with your phone or laptop without it. Then with it. You'll see a noticeable increase in signal strength. Just saved you some cash! Why buy a WiFi extender when you have a roll of foil? Dang! Now you got me thinking about adding a few directors & a reflector to my rods!

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're just adding a reflector to your key fob. Instead of transmitting the signal all around like an Omni CB antenna, you're adding a reflector making it more directional like a beam antenna. A simple test is to hang a piece of aluminum foil behind your cable router about 3"s away from it. Check your signal strength with your phone or laptop without it. Then with it. You'll see a noticeable increase in signal strength. Just saved you some cash! Why buy a WiFi extender when you have a roll of foil? Dang! Now you got me thinking about adding a few directors & a reflector to my rods!
So how would you add directors & a reflector to your rods?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how would you add directors & a reflector to your rods?
A piece of wood yardstick would be a good choice I'm thinking. Cut the elements and stick them through. Give me some time to MacGyver a little. The only reason I brought it up was it made me think about the beam antennas I was building for WiFi. There's a ton of plans out there with cutting charts for the elements with spacing. The only critical part was the driven element. Look it up! You might be able to come up with a nicer design or would work better! Let us know what you figure out!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Place a piece of parabolic shaped aluminum foil behind the xmitter/fob and face the vehicle.
Marvin

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago on TV there was a Dowser that located a vehicle out in the parking lot that belonged to the key he was dowsing. He used l-rods and followed the signal between the key and the car.
I tested that same experiment many times, and a key does have a dowsable connection to its lock. Same as your house key dowses connection to your door. Out hiking aways from my car, when I didn't have a compass I would set my keys down, and Dowse my direct line direction back to my car.
I cannot explain why there is a symbolic dowsable connection between keys and their locks, but it's so. The connection does slowly wear off and go away during misuse, but it takes a couple days.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago on TV there was a Dowser that located a vehicle out in the parking lot that belonged to the key he was dowsing. He used l-rods and followed the signal between the key and the car.
I tested that same experiment many times, and a key does have a dowsable connection to its lock. Same as your house key dowses connection to your door. Out hiking aways from my car, when I didn't have a compass I would set my keys down, and Dowse my direct line direction back to my car.
I cannot explain why there is a symbolic dowsable connection between keys and their locks, but it's so. The connection does slowly wear off and go away during misuse, but it takes a couple days.

BTW, The power that creates the dowsable connection between a lock and it's key, is the same power that creates a dowsable connection line between same Elements. Right now Dowsing power is off, so you cannot get positive results if you ran a test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread