Does this look like a good site for treasure?

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN1268.JPG
    DSCN1268.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • DSCN1270.JPG
    DSCN1270.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The trees

I know that this will sound crazy to many people --
yet to me the trees have been shaped into animals--

I also thought the trees were talking about / indicating stones
to look at.

Attachments

• eighty six.jpg
    eighty six.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't take this the wrong way... but what makes you think it's a good location for Spanish treasure? Is there a history there? Did you research anything pointing that way? Also, what makes you think someone looking at a picture will know if it's a good place for buried treasure?

As for shapes, trees telling you things or whatever... I don't see anything in those photos except rocks, vegetation, and dirt. I also don't make a habit of looking for animals in clouds. So maybe I'm just not creative that way.

Last edited:

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't put too much thought into the layout of those trees. At any time in which Spanish treasure would have been buried, I don't think those trees would have been around.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
AARTHRJ3811

Thank you for taking the time to carefully examine my photos.
Barton

OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Weregolf,

Thank you for taking the time to examine the photos. I assume the cache spot is under the word "silver"--half way between the
two rocks. Is this correct? Just curious--did you see the alligator under your blue arrow?

Again thank you for your help. Should you ever want to go prospecting in New Mexico--just let me know.

Barton

OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Primus Palus, Post # 4

Different people view nature ( their environment ) differently to some people they just see stones and trees. Others may say the trees are Juniper and pinon trees--so the juniper trees have purpleish to blue berries which when dry can be eaten and the pinon trees have pinon nuts which can be eaten by people and animals.

I might see an oak tree and think of nuts for turkeys and squirrels or see cotton wood trees or sycamore trees and think there is water there not too deep.

To some individuals--the photo has just rocks--to others--they may see patterns in the rocks creating alignments and even animal and people's faces on the rocks.

I specialize in cache hunting and both of these photos are taken right beside the Old Spanish Trail.

As for why I would ask dowsers to look at two photos and ask if they think any Spanish Caches are there---well some dowsers are skilled in their work and locate items and even water that others fail to see.

Barton

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have said to check for metallic artifacts or possibly loose coins in the photos of post #1.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know about it being a good site for a hidden treasure, but looking at the bigger trees, it looks like a good place to take a dump.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about it being a good site for a hidden treasure, but looking at the bigger trees, it looks like a good place to take a dump.
I know how that goes when hiking in a desert...then possibly might be a coin spill from the pockets.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know how that goes when hiking in a desert...then possibly might be a coin spill from the pockets.

That's actually brilliant. Pocket knifes, bunched up bills, I'D less wallets, etc. ..
I think I'm gonna start detecting around those areas where I see small digs and used toilet paper (from the slobs who don't cover it up).
That reminds me to pack disposable gloves along on my trips!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread