Success Stories?

G

gudfruit7

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any significant success stories related to their dowsing that they would like to tell. It would seem that people who have tapped in to such a powerful ability would have made plenty of successful recoveries over the years. As a way of encouraging others to unlock their hidden potential please take some time to share your greatest dowsing achievements.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There was a man named Bob Atter who was a very good dowser.

I t was said that the archeologists up in Vermont who located the revolutionary war ship actually used his work to find the ship
( naturally they did not give him any credit for the discovery. )

He also dowsed a water well for me that gave me good water. Often good drinking water is a real treasure in the desert South West.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing significant in value has been retrieved by me yet. Multiple targets located but not uncovered due to depth, laws, and private property. Not done yet, and Dowsing power doesn't always cooperate, making it tougher now.
Dec 25, 2011. Out Dowsing Christmas day in Arizona with a buddy, Dowsing power was on strong most the day. We chased some meteorite signal lines and some Gold vein signals but all were too deep. Then I signaled a Gold target that was distant and had to use the compass, protector, and GPS county map to triangulate. Chased the signal 8 miles to a Gold mine area. Led me right to a, hidden in the bushes, mineralized zone. It was the only Gold signal in that whole area of mines. I found I could file claim, but did some exploratory digging. Started to find the ore, but gave up because of need of rock crusher, chemical plant, and I couldn't Dowse the quantity of the target I located. Dowser

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Significant to me.
I had learned that longer l-rods signaled bigger targets, of course. So I drove into the Bradshaw mountains, Lynx creek area and tried my skill. I Dowsed Gold signal lines in all directions, and started chasing them one after another. It was very exciting, and I located 8 different Gold targets, all Quartz vein ores. Some veins were buried and I had to dig a little, and some veins were right next to old diggings. I would follow my line, retrieve the strongest signaling ore of the vein, GPS my coordinates then Dowse to the next. I would take the quartz home and wash it to see how good it was. You could see the Gold in all the specimens I had retrieved. 8 Gold ore veins in two day was great. But of course, Lynx creek area is closed to mining. Dowser

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was Dowsing all Elements, looking for treasures, meteorites, ect., When I pulled out my 1/32 carot Diamond in a fingernail polish jar and tried that. Surprised I was when I had a line, but it was on the other side of the Hassayampa river. The next weekend I drove N from Wickenburg to locate it. I got to about 300 yards from it and chased the line on foot. About 3/4 the way up the hill was a 4 inch thick, pitch black sparkly vein running horizontally. At closer inspection I knew it wasn't Diamonds sparkling, but it looked like diamond sparkling. Did I use a real diamond to Dowse a sparkly diamond lookalike ? I got home and looked the rock up in my books. It was Mica schist, and the Mica was the sparkle. But the best part was that Mica schist is full of Graphite, then that explained why my Diamond signaled it. Cool find, very significant to me. Dowser

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have had very good fortune using dowsing rods. When I was able to walk good, I would dowse and area on a map to get a good indication of valuables. Then, when I arrived at the location I would use the rods to further locate what I had dowsed on the map. Often times I would also carry a metal detector to verify if the targets were shallow. Many times the targets were too deep to dig with portable carry equipment, and had to be left without retrieving them. I did retrieve some nice relics, coins and jewelry which were shallow enough to dig easily. Good Luck. rockhound

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had very good fortune using dowsing rods. When I was able to walk good, I would dowse and area on a map to get a good indication of valuables. Then, when I arrived at the location I would use the rods to further locate what I had dowsed on the map. Often times I would also carry a metal detector to verify if the targets were shallow. Many times the targets were too deep to dig with portable carry equipment, and had to be left without retrieving them. I did retrieve some nice relics, coins and jewelry which were shallow enough to dig easily. Good Luck. rockhound
rockhound: What is your method to determine depth when using L rods?

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
To determine depth, I walk until the rods cross. start backing up and see where they uncross. This will normally give me a good indication of depth. Next, I will go 90 degree from that lock on and come at it from that direction. Sometimes odd shapes or veins will confuse your rods in one particular direction. By going 90*, you can sometimes eliminate discrepancies in the rods behavior. Anything large will tend to throw you off, as it may vary in depth and also it will make pinpointing harder. Although anything large will be found because of it's size. Either maps or infield dowsing, I always dowse left to right. I try to start at the far left, bottom corner and let the rods or pendulum work from there. I form an image in my mind and focus on the rods or pendulum as I walk. Good Luck. rockhound

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To determine depth, I walk until the rods cross. start backing up and see where they uncross. This will normally give me a good indication of depth. Next, I will go 90 degree from that lock on and come at it from that direction. Sometimes odd shapes or veins will confuse your rods in one particular direction. By going 90*, you can sometimes eliminate discrepancies in the rods behavior. Anything large will tend to throw you off, as it may vary in depth and also it will make pinpointing harder. Although anything large will be found because of it's size. Either maps or infield dowsing, I always dowse left to right. I try to start at the far left, bottom corner and let the rods or pendulum work from there. I form an image in my mind and focus on the rods or pendulum as I walk. Good Luck. rockhound
Rockhound: Thanks for your reply. Do you mean the distance from where your rods cross / lock on and the spot where they just start to uncross / unlock when you back up is the depth? Or do you mean from the point they cross / lock on, back to the point where they become fully uncrossed / unlocked and parallel to each other again is the most likely depth.

Thanks again for you additional information for pinpointing. I believe I can use it for sure.

Les.

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have found that what works best for me is to back up until they fully uncross and return to parallel again. Like I said, larger objects or odd shaped objects can definitely throw off your depth measurements. If you are dowsing for water for instance, the you will get the most cross over at the deepest pool or the widest stream. Theoretically, anywhere you can find a stream is suitable for a well as water will dam up there. For me, a single coin is hardest to determine depth on, normally because most are shallow.
If I can help you anymore, just ask. Good Luck. rockhound

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that what works best for me is to back up until they fully uncross and return to parallel again. Like I said, larger objects or odd shaped objects can definitely throw off your depth measurements. If you are dowsing for water for instance, the you will get the most cross over at the deepest pool or the widest stream. Theoretically, anywhere you can find a stream is suitable for a well as water will dam up there. For me, a single coin is hardest to determine depth on, normally because most are shallow.
If I can help you anymore, just ask. Good Luck. rockhound
thanks rockhound, I can use that. Les.

Dec 25, 2015
Miami Fl, also hunt in Peru
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur Gray Ghost headphones,Garrett Ace 250,Garrett sea Hunter ,Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,
Long Range detectors Omni Range Master, Spider unit(one of a kind) Rangertell, Electroscope.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quartz 20170730_184611.jpg
chased a signal up a mountain in Peru looking for a Jesuit treasure.
last trip found high concentration of quartz particles, not what ia was hoping for.
the quartz in pic was found in Peru. by one guy with us using the rods and one of those machines we are not to mention.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I can tell this, as he is long dead at this time. Robert Williams, a Black Man from Winnsboro, La. Dowsed a casket in a slave grave yard, full of Civil War Plantation Gold and Silver. He bought land, farm equipment, churches and the first Infinity Car in Louisiana. His story was never made public, but he was well known in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread