a simple L rod and a Simple addition to the basic metal Rod for the L- rod veterans

Dec 25, 2015
Miami Fl, also hunt in Peru
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur Gray Ghost headphones,Garrett Ace 250,Garrett sea Hunter ,Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,
Long Range detectors Omni Range Master, Spider unit(one of a kind) Rangertell, Electroscope.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best things are the ones you make ( for cheap) even if it is just a coat hanger,
all coat hangers are not the same.
just bought a pair of L - rods from a company.
and they worked well until I took them into the ocean then they got sticky; because they have the "sealed" bearings.

my best rod I made myself, was from a fancy store/ hotel hanger either chrome plated or gold plated metal bar.

the next best one is a rubber coated hanger.
but I used to drill a hole in a copper cap, and put on 1/2 copper pipe but it would always snag.
and when I put the rods in my hand, some were heavy , some got corroded from sweat, and then there is the problem of gripping too tight.

so which ever type of basic rod you use;
try a 1/2" cpvc pipe about 8" long,with a 1/2 cpvc coupling on top.
( one end of coupling has letters stamped in that will snag the rod , make sure letters are facing down on coupling for a smooth response.

so whether you are just experimenting, or are an expert;

try your metal rods inside the coupling and pipe.
nothing fancy but it eases the grip and you will see the response is faster.

Attachments

• 20170729_092525.jpg
    20170729_092525.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • 20170729_092608.jpg
    20170729_092608.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • 20170729_093644.jpg
    20170729_093644.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 60317becrc-mahogany-clips.jpg
    60317becrc-mahogany-clips.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 347
  • yhst-128509274413656_2361_151577884_1.jpg
    yhst-128509274413656_2361_151577884_1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, I have never had problems with holding them in my bare hands.
Marvin

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I agree with you on the 1/2''pvc pipe, but mine is only 5 to 6 inches long. Also, I use a piece of brazing rod, cut to 21''. I put a 90* bend at 7 inches, which sticks above the end caps. Also, I put a nickel in the bottom end cap, with the face ground smooth, and sharpen the end of the rod that turns on the nickel. If you are afraid of the rod coming out, you can crimp an electrical connector on the rod just below the cap. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
T
Dec 25, 2015
Miami Fl, also hunt in Peru
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur Gray Ghost headphones,Garrett Ace 250,Garrett sea Hunter ,Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,
Long Range detectors Omni Range Master, Spider unit(one of a kind) Rangertell, Electroscope.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi thanks for response.
there are a lot of people who have said "they always wanted to try dowsing' but don't take a moment to try.

I have bought some and some of those electronic "doo-dads" come with them.

I just know for me , the swing is more consistent in the tube than with out it.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned about dowsing when I was a kid. Learned from an old uranium prospector. Used hanger wire in the bare hands. Kinda thought one needed body contact with the rods. So what's with PVC handles?

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have found, over the years, that some people respond to rods differently. Some people are more sensitive to electromagnetic changes in the earth than others. Just like some people can't wear a watch. Your body is electrically charged, some more than others. Only by experimenting can you find the best system to work for you. As for me, I need an insulator between me and the rods to let the rods respond to the material which I am dowsing for. When you find the system that works for you, stick with it, but always try to increase your sensitivity and reliability. As you age you may find that your electrolyte are not strong enough to power the rods, except for short periods of time. You can drink Gatorade or other energy electrolyte drink to boost your energy and response. CAUTION: Using insulators on your rods makes it easier to manipulate the rods with your mind, so always keep focused on your target and not on influencing the rods. Good Luck. rockhound

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it makes any difference. I like my copper rods in my bare hands. I subscribe to the KISS method.
Keep It Simple Sam.:icon_thumleft:
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread