How much do map dowsers charge?

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
So far the few that have responded to my request haven't charged a penny, had a quote of $100 for a map though.

BF750

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey ericwt.....Good question...The answer is that I have no idea. When I map dowse it is to give someone a starting point. I don't know what equipment the person has or what his skills are at using it. If the person thinks that he can go to the location and just dig a treasure up he is fooling himself. How good is my map dowsing? I don't know as some people give me no feedback. My pesonal map dowsing has been of great help to me.

I can't dowse every map I am ask to dowse. I chose only the ones I think are from people whom I think I would like if I knew them. As for payment, I have had some stuff mailed to me and had some equipment loaned to me that I needed on one of my projects. I enjoy what I do and intend to keep on having fun....Art

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Thanks for the replies.

The reason I posted this is because the area I want dowsed is going to be searched thoroughly by me anyway. But we are talking over a mile of riverfront property and 99 acres of land. I own this land.

I have all the right equipment. If it is under 10ft in the ground, I can detect and retrieve it. Treasure hunting and Gold Prospecting are my life. This is what I am and what I do.

In the past I have seen dowsing with coat hangers work for some people.

I figured map dowsing might give me a starting point on where to look.

I suspect I have questions about map dowsing. I just have not formulated how or what to ask.

Also, if dowsing by a map proves useful, I am interested in forming long term relationships with this.

Thanks
Eric

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art could'nt have said it better! I agree 100%
If I may offer a suggestion, and that is to get all the help you can from different dowsers with your questions and map work....sometimes two, three or more dowsers hit the same spot on the map/photo...a good indication of where to start looking in the field.
Jon

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
ericwt said:
I figured map dowsing might give me a starting point on where to look.

I suspect I have questions about map dowsing. I just have not formulated how or what to ask.

Also, if dowsing by a map proves useful, I am interested in forming long term relationships with this.

Thanks
Eric

I am new to dowsing and cautiously sceptical but open minded. I share similar thoughts as ericwt.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
I've seen contracts drawn up for 10% of the take based on a find. I am aware of an old timer (now deceased) who could use a pendulum and pen rod over a map, and locate things anywhere in the world from his kitchen at home. He was never wrong and never proven otherwise. He got his 10% on a regular basis and never had to leave the farm. Have you tried using a springy willow yourself? Hold a piece of the material you seek and try. Don't talk to it; this is for people who wish to be followed home by familiar spirits. Twisted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread