Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try focusing on this area.
You see that hill, in the top left corner of the first cropped map? the shadow side could possibly have an underground tunnel, but I think it is empty (which isn't going to help any).

Added red arrow to the spot. Yellow box lower left corner, where I'd thought there was a signal for gold bullion...probably only native gold.

Adding green circle/arrow for the location of the man made object (site) or artifact signal, which was just S of your area (smaller yellow box).

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kilonova3

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see that hill, in the top left corner of the first cropped map? the shadow side could possibly have an underground tunnel, but I think it is empty (which isn't going to help any).

Added red arrow to the spot. Yellow box lower left corner, where I'd thought there was a signal for gold bullion...probably only native gold.

Adding green circle/arrow for the location of the man made object (site) or artifact signal, which was just S of your area (smaller yellow box).

are you able to dowse any idea of how deep any of these targets are?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red arrow (top left)- sometime at 5 ft then signal goes deeper.
Larger yellow box (bottom left)- signal bottoms out at about 15-16 ft.
Green arrow (in green outline circle)- signal bottoms out at about 10-11 ft.
Smaller yellow box (jn circle)- signal bottoms out about 9-10 ft.

Any quartz float (chunks) or known quartz veins in the area? If so, the depth I would suspect a good indication of native gold. From what I've heard about the Philippines, any caches would be deep in tunnels or in a natural cave. I sure don't think a gold bar dropped by the soldiers is going to be so deep.

Of course, the Japanese buried metal object in the area also. They seemed to prefer sword parts, engraved with Japanese letters and symbols. Here are a couple pics of those found at one site.

Attachments

• japanesefindLG_1.jpg
    japanesefindLG_1.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 54
  • japanesefindLG_2.jpg
    japanesefindLG_2.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kilonova3

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red arrow (top left)- sometime at 5 ft then signal goes deeper.
Larger yellow box (bottom left)- signal bottoms out at about 15-16 ft.
Green arrow (in green outline circle)- signal bottoms out at about 10-11 ft.
Smaller yellow box (jn circle)- signal bottoms out about 9-10 ft.

Any quartz float (chunks) or known quartz veins in the area? If so, the depth I would suspect a good indication of native gold. From what I've heard about the Philippines, any caches would be deep in tunnels or in a natural cave. I sure don't think a gold bar dropped by the soldiers is going to be so deep.

i dont know about the quartz content of the area. the philippines has so much native gold. metal detecting here can be a real nightmare because of all the mineralization. honestly this could be nothing but ill keep trying until 10 feet.

15-16 ft for the bullion, hmmm... this target is small. im not convinced the Japanese would have buried one bar at such a depth. digging that deep on the side of this thick jungle covered steep hill is going to be very difficult. there are so many roots networked through the soil along with all the other natural things making it a difficult environment. i was spotted by two guys that appeared to be meth heads one of the last times i was going in. the next time i returned to the area it was clear someone had been to the site. i had left a tool behind which was missing. its going to take some time before i get back to the area. but hey i appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done adding a little more to the post above.

No, I wasn't suggesting digging down that far.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably minerals and/or native gold down to 10 ft, definitely most likely going to be a waste of time digging on it. You would need other signal indications if a tunnel...yes, Japanese would not have buried a single gold bar that deep.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the site with the engraved sword parts, the dowser told me that the owner dug a barrel down about 8-9 ft deep. The Japanese filled it with cut glass pieces shaped in various sizes of triangles. Another buried object (same location), a single bracelet...but from the photo you can't tell whether they removed the gems first.

Attachments

• braceletfindLG_1.jpg
    braceletfindLG_1.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kilonova3

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the site with the engraved sword parts, the dowser told me that the owner dug a barrel down about 8-9 ft deep. The Japanese filled it with cut glass pieces shaped in various sizes of triangles. Another buried object (same location), a single bracelet...but from the photo you can't tell whether they removed the gems first.

So are you saying that the Japanese had buried a barrel full of worthless glass at 8-9 ft deep? It sounds like a sort of diversion technique. interesting!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no way of knowing, interesting because the carved rock, found near the cave entrance, had a triangle on it. The cave was another location, I'm thinking the dowser said it was 2 kilometers away. Then the camp, which is where the barrel, sword parts, and bracelet were found at, probably same distance from the beach bunker they found (map dowsing GE maps first, then dowsed photos from the beach). The camp, at least what the property seemed to be from photos I've looked at, had quite a few buildings the size of small homes or cabins. Under cement floor the owner dug up a skeleton holding a sword.

Attachments

• Image0643-rjrgraphercrop2.jpg
    Image0643-rjrgraphercrop2.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach bunker was full of sand, dug out a cement mixer found...along with 2 cement rocks which had treasure signs carved, a giant oyster sculpture, coral sculpture.

Attachments

• Image0556X-Rey.jpg
    Image0556X-Rey.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Image0563X-Rey.jpg
    Image0563X-Rey.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 62
  • cementmixer.jpg
    cementmixer.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 3Image0291-rey-B.jpg
    3Image0291-rey-B.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 6Image0406-rey-B.jpg
    6Image0406-rey-B.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one site, related to dowsing in the Philippines. This is interesting because, the owner of the property dug about a 22 ft deep hole. From GE maps, it was obviously out away from the populated areas, with woods and fields clearly visible. I never got an answer or maybe forgot the details, whether the site was 2 kilometers from the cave (little sword photo) or that distance from the beach bunker. Anyway, at about 20 ft down, the owner hit this layer of seashell sculptures, made from beach sand and cement. He was hoping to hit a tunnel which had been believed to be on his property.

Many photos of normal sized seashell dculptures, were all put together for one pic. The Japanese probably made them in the beach bunker. Why? Good question, perhaps to mark the location of a tunnel that got filled in, after all the gold bars were removed. I realize from the photo, these appear to be real seashells. But the dowser insisted all of them were made of cement containing beach sand.

Attachments

• seashells_cementLG_1.jpg
    seashells_cementLG_1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread