Trying to identify some local to me targets to investigate

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! It's been awhile since I've been able to do work on some of the targets I have been investigating. That said, I'm hoping to identify some more local to me targets that will be logistically easier to investigate. If anyone would like to dowse this pic, I would be very appreciative. The pic is of a somewhat wide area so hopefully that is ok. I can always drill down with more close up pics if there could be any areas of interest.
My hopes are that there are either some areas of historical significance- artifacts and such, or gold/silver caches. This is a somewhat vague curiosity ask in hopes I might find a close by site to explore and investigate. If there is any additional information needed, I can do my best to provide.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• dowsecheck.bmp
    2.4 MB · Views: 123

dowsing_master

Apr 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! It's been awhile since I've been able to do work on some of the targets I have been investigating. That said, I'm hoping to identify some more local to me targets that will be logistically easier to investigate. If anyone would like to dowse this pic, I would be very appreciative. The pic is of a somewhat wide area so hopefully that is ok. I can always drill down with more close up pics if there could be any areas of interest.
My hopes are that there are either some areas of historical significance- artifacts and such, or gold/silver caches. This is a somewhat vague curiosity ask in hopes I might find a close by site to explore and investigate. If there is any additional information needed, I can do my best to provide.

Thanks all!

ف IMG_20180112_120328_477-1.jpg

Dear friend, in this area is suspicious of the purpose of gold. Please zoom in to this range and say that is an established range of ancient?

OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replay! I've zoomed in, hopefully engulfing all of the area you have highlighted. I do hope to confirm an established range of ancient. Certainly in surrounding areas, so I suspect the same here.

View attachment 1536175

OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any thoughts on the zoomed image? Or the initial pic? Would love to know if others feel there is something to find in these pictures that would be worth searching for.

MERCURY & THE SUN

Nov 27, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter Deep Seeking VLF Metal Detector, L-rod, Pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No caches and no artifacts those are my results.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for checking Mercury!

Weregolf, I got that too when I checked after seeing your post. I realized I wasn't logged in. After I logged in, the link worked.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for checking Mercury!

Weregolf, I got that too when I checked after seeing your post. I realized I wasn't logged in. After I logged in, the link worked.
I couldn't get it to open either and still can't. If you click edit or make a new post, type your comment then click "go advanced" the post will go to a page where you can scroll down, find a tab with the text "manage attachments" and an upload box will appear. Click a browse tab to find image in your computer, then click upload. This for me, has always fixed any problems I've encounter with attachments not working.

OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys. Attachment still checks out for me on other devices, but I've been on the other side of the download issue as well, so trying to add it so all can see. Thanks everyone for checking!

dowsezoomin.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The map is displaying fine for me now. It does look rather light, but some places map quality can go down as you zoom in closer. I tried clearing the map up a bit, not much more can be done to improve it. Nothing marked here, only posting a modified brightness version of your map and it is slightly larger also.

Attachments

• dowsezoomin-A-wahzman.jpg
    dowsezoomin-A-wahzman.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The map is displaying fine for me now. It does look rather light, but some places map quality can go down as you zoom in closer. I tried clearing the map up a bit, not much more can be done to improve it. Nothing marked here, only posting a modified brightness version of your map and it is slightly larger also.

No worries! I appreciate the look in any case! Back to the research.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any possibility of native gold being in the area of your new zoomed in map?

OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any possibility of native gold being in the area of your new zoomed in map?

I believe so personally, but haven't see evidence in this specific area yet. I know it has been found historically in surrounding areas.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I marked the spot with a yellow circle, but hard to see on your map, added a black arrow to pinpoint. The reason I asked about native gold, this signal seemed like a coarse gold or gold nugget signal. Because this signal can be pinpointed to only a small area, I'd say either a small overlooked gold placer or maybe even a cache from gold found in the surrounding areas you mentioned. Possibly even crude smelted gold if your research indicates there was a storage area nearby. This from my file of definitions, for how I'd normally mark native gold signals.

Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.
Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits.

Attachments

• dowsezoomin-A-wahzman.jpg
    dowsezoomin-A-wahzman.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 104

dowsing_master

Apr 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I marked the spot with a yellow circle, but hard to see on your map, added a black arrow to pinpoint. The reason I asked about native gold, this signal seemed like a coarse gold or gold nugget signal. Because this signal can be pinpointed to only a small area, I'd say either a small overlooked gold placer or maybe even a cache from gold found in the surrounding areas you mentioned. Possibly even crude smelted gold if your research indicates there was a storage area nearby. This from my file of definitions, for how I'd normally mark native gold signals.

Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.
Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits.

I confirm with your marked range the probability of a golden object

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I confirm with your marked range the probability of a golden object
Yes dowsing_master, I have very definitely, picked up a gold signal within the range area.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wahzman,
Dowsing revealed:
Gold/green circled area
Silver/ blue circled area
Small Silver cache/ blue triangle area
Thank you for posting your picture,
Jon
View attachment TnetWahz1-11-18dowsed.bmp

OP
OP
W

wahzman

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Telepropsector! I appreciate the additional info to investigate!
When you say gold or silver(not cache), I assume you mean unrefined, still in the earth to be discovered mineral?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Telepropsector! I appreciate the additional info to investigate!
When you say gold or silver(not cache), I assume you mean unrefined, still in the earth to be discovered mineral?
You're welcome wahzman, yes and the triangle areas came thru as wider amplitude than the others so I think of those as more of a cache or mass.
Jon :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread