Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl. You deserve to see the truth, you’ve been a admirable skeptic. My demonstration will be this. No parlor tricks, been there done that. Pick out at least 3 of your favorite Treasure leads, but they have to be legal, keepable treasures. Hopefully at least one will be true. If you are wanting Gems, bring the signal sample, I only have Diamond. If Meteorite, be prepared to dig. It will have to be in the future, when my signals pick back up. But I will show you. Dowser

dowser, I'd love to work with you on this in some fashion. Not sure how this would work, tho. I'm pretty convinced that 99% of popular treasure leads are bogus, the vast majority of the old treasure mag articles were works of fiction. So if I hand you a treasure lead, what would you do with it? If you determine "no signal," how can that be verified as correct? If you get a signal, dig a hole, and nothing is there, what does that mean?

My preference is always with test targets. My experience is that pretty much every dowser works with test targets on a regular basis, yet when it come to demonstrating dowsing to me they usually don't want to go that route. But test targets give definitive answers. They are definitely there, and either you find them or you don't. I own a 10-ounce gold bar, a 20 ounce silver bar, and around 50 lbs of silver coin, but I always encourage dowsers to provide their own targets they are most comfortable with.

I assume you're in Michigan, and I'm in Oregon & Texas. Long way to go for a test. I do have plans to be in Michigan in the next year or so, maybe we pick this up later unless you do map dowsing. I'm open to suggestions.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dowser, I'm 100% sure if you were to try to demonstrate your dowsing ability to me, you'd fail completely. You're 100% sure of that, too. Same as other dowsers.

I'm also sure there is a ready alibi, like "Ol' Carl emits SkepticWaves, so dowsing doesn't work around him." Here's a 4th thing I've learned about dowsers:

4. There's always an alibi.

Which means that anyone, anywhere, who would even attempt to show you something is already WRONG in your very own opinion and your own
words. Not good to show your zero tolerance before something takes place. Sooo, Carl, why don't you post a scientific way to prove or disprove dowsing without Randy boy and his cheating ways getting in the way ?????? Twould be vewy intewesting. Have a nice day too, and I say that with all the kindness necessary.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl-NC------------I have nothing against you for doubting certain things, However, I have an idea that you have reached the highest plateau of thinking that your brainwashed mind believes. I'm not sure what has happened in your life that forbids your brain/thinking ability to stop you from analyzing certain information that you are fed. Please do not let your present brain-set stop you from learning.
If there is any way you can find a dowser in your area, I would ask you to do the following.
1. You must not tell the dowser that you think he/she is a fake.
2. Have him use "L" rods and show you how to use them.
3. Find a front yard you aren't familiar with and let him explain to you how to locate )a--sewer line, )b--water line and try it yourself.
4. You must free your mind of all negative thoughts and concentrate only on the object you are dowsing for.
After you do that in the next 1-4 months, please come back and tell me what your thoughts are on Dowsing. Experiment on your own after that.
Please understand that I'm not criticizing you for for your present thought process.
I just want to show you there other avenues to your approach to analyzing your interpretation of things.
Marvin
What part of NC?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dowser, I'd love to work with you on this in some fashion. Not sure how this would work, tho. I'm pretty convinced that 99% of popular treasure leads are bogus, the vast majority of the old treasure mag articles were works of fiction. So if I hand you a treasure lead, what would you do with it? If you determine "no signal," how can that be verified as correct? If you get a signal, dig a hole, and nothing is there, what does that mean?

My preference is always with test targets. My experience is that pretty much every dowser works with test targets on a regular basis, yet when it come to demonstrating dowsing to me they usually don't want to go that route. But test targets give definitive answers. They are definitely there, and either you find them or you don't. I own a 10-ounce gold bar, a 20 ounce silver bar, and around 50 lbs of silver coin, but I always encourage dowsers to provide their own targets they are most comfortable with.

I assume you're in Michigan, and I'm in Oregon & Texas. Long way to go for a test. I do have plans to be in Michigan in the next year or so, maybe we pick this up later unless you do map dowsing. I'm open to suggestions.
Carl, I know what you mean on treasure leads, most that I have checked are not there, or have been retrieved. Even Meteorites can’t be dug, unless private land. I can do coins or whatever but I prefer larger targets. Your Gold and Silver quantity is plenty. But to do some tests for you, is tests for me, and I don’t need anymore testing. If I was to Dowse a test sample then that could be argued about. You knew where it was hid would cause psychic argument. It would have to be something neither of us know is there or not.
Yes now I’m in Michigan and my Dowsing power is to weak to use for a few years yet. I have other Treasures I’ve previously located that I have to retrieve, and other past Dowsing signals I have to follow up on, plus a hidden Gold mine I uncovered and might file on. You’re at the back of my list.
I meant what I said, I’ll show you, and I’ll let you know. I’ll look into some leads your way, and see about a treasure trove permit on something. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I dug a hole and nothing was there, it would be my first. I can understand what your saying though, I’ve watched all those Dowsers fail on tv too.. I can’t explain them, don’t understand them either. Don’t need a metal detector with me around. Dowser

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I dug a hole and nothing was there, it would be my first. I can understand what your saying though, I’ve watched all those Dowsers fail on tv too.. I can’t explain them, don’t understand them either. Don’t need a metal detector with me around. Dowser

​Wow!!!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not good to show your zero tolerance before something takes place.

I'm not sure what has happened in your life that forbids your brain/thinking ability to stop you from analyzing certain information that you are fed.

Guys, every chance I get I ask dowsers, "Show me what you can do." Often they know I'm a skeptic, sometimes they don't. In EVERY SINGLE CASE, they can successfully dowse targets when they already know the location, but when the test goes "blind" they fail. That's not "often", or "usually"... that's every single time. Always followed up by, "I don't know what happened, I'm usually 100% accurate."

All I can see is what I see. Yet I continue to offer dowsers every opportunity to do what they say they can do, sometimes with a huge chunk of money on the line. Some people call that close-minded or intolerant. So change my mind. Show me.

P.S. -- Marvin, I lived in Greensboro for 21 yrs.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing ain't easy. Map "dowsing", well I've never seen a successful map "dowse". A frequency generator with swing rods is much easier but still not all that easy. It's easy to get self-deceived into thinking "I must be way smarter than the average Joe." Unfortunately this is a blatant form of ignorance.

But yeah, dowsing can work but it takes more time, energy, patience than a sane person is willing to give. I've tried to help people since I joined this forum in 1996. I explained how a galvanic skin response device (GSR) can be used to indicate a dowsing response. That was from 1981. And then there's the meditation. "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." Or in cowboy logic, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing ain't easy. Map "dowsing", well I've never seen a successful map "dowse". A frequency generator with swing rods is much easier but still not all that easy. It's easy to get self-deceived into thinking "I must be way smarter than the average Joe." Unfortunately this is a blatant form of ignorance.

But yeah, dowsing can work but it takes more time, energy, patience than a sane person is willing to give. I've tried to help people since I joined this forum in 1996. I explained how a galvanic skin response device (GSR) can be used to indicate a dowsing response. That was from 1981. And then there's the meditation. "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." Or in cowboy logic, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."
You definitely Dowse totally different from me.. Map Dowsing I have seen done successfully, Spanish Treasure recovered. I have tried along with pro’s, but don’t get enough signal response. I don’t agree with frequency generators, even though I have a few, there is signal drift with them, it takes a pure Element to achieve 100 percent discrimination. Dowsing is easy, just need power. It took me years to figure out what I know, but I could teach someone in a day. “And then there’s meditation” huh ! No meditation involved, let the Elements do the signaling, why the brain. Not saying your not a good Dowser, just saying that I am a totally different Dowser. I wouldn’t try your way, even if I was a thirsty horse. Dowser

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Dont need meditation, with pure (100%) Elements you can search any,
hey im listen music when Dowsing :dontknow:, so, no meditation
After hitting, apply techniques for: discrimination, size, weight, fake signal, deep, metal, mineral, etc

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Only at times the rods close hard and at other times they are slow. I see no reason to worry about that as long as I find what is at he end of the line..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread