Lost My Engagement Ring

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All. Well, it happened to me. I have lost my 1 carat diamond solitaire engagement ring. As far as I know it is in the house.
I got out my dowsing rods and gave them a try. They seemed to lead me to my laundry hamper, but I went all the way to the bottom and shook out every article of clothing, and didn't find it. Normally I only have two spots that I place the ring - on the window sill above the kitchen sink or above my bathroom sink on top of a storage container. We have torn apart those areas more than once and came up with nothing, and checked the bathroom drain. Can anyone help? What other info do you need, if so?

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pull the traps off the kitchen sinks. Maybe it is there... Good Luck

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not throw out any garbage containers yet and be sure to go through them carefully!

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about it. It will show up when you least expect it. If you can't wait, try looking inside the sofa. For some reason everything winds up inside the sofa!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably there. Just be very careful taking out trash. I threw away my gold school ring in a small trash bag once realized it was gone quickly, went back to the trash and recovered it.

It's probably somewhere you wouldn't guess. I lose things all the time here.

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you thought of trying the bottom of your washer, or if you've got one, the vent of your drier, inside the clothes dryer as well?

Perhaps thinking hamper is right, only laundry room?

Sincerely hoping you find it.

Best of luck.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well i'm guessing you are a girl, have you made a cake lately?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to check all the pockets of jackets you have worn recently.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go over the entire living room.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to say it BUT Have you had any guests over to your house lately? "excuse me mam Can I use your restroom" hmmm:icon_scratch: gold& diamonds

MERCURY & THE SUN

Nov 27, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter Deep Seeking VLF Metal Detector, L-rod, Pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to say it BUT Have you had any guests over to your house lately? "excuse me mam Can I use your restroom" hmmm:icon_scratch: gold& diamonds

Exactly, it was probably stolen. I spent forever looking for a gold sample that I had had in the desk drawer in my room just to find out that the reason my pendulum could not locate it was because it had been stolen and was far off the property. Funny enough though the pendulum did lead me to my backup sample which was a breath of fresh air because I had forgotten all about it and it was good thing I kept it well hidden too or else it would have also been taken no doubt. Gotta love when your roommate allows his shady drug addict family members to stay for a couple of days/nights without even asking you if it would be alright and then the landlord doesn't provide any locks on the bedroom doors. He said he would buy me a locking doorknob I told him no just don't allow your shady drug addict family members who do not belong here in the first place to be crashing at our pad...problem solved.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about it. It will show up when you least expect it. If you can't wait, try looking inside the sofa. For some reason everything winds up inside the sofa!

I was hoping it would just show up. It's been 8 days and it hasn't yet. But we're still holding out hope.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought of trying the bottom of your washer, or if you've got one, the vent of your drier, inside the clothes dryer as well?

Perhaps thinking hamper is right, only laundry room?

Sincerely hoping you find it.

Best of luck.

We have a front loader. We checked it, and in the filter before the pump. Thanks for the suggestion though.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go over the entire living room.

Ok, will check this area then. I did vacuum the living room only about an hour before I realized the ring was gone. Will check the couch too. Thanks for the tips.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, it was probably stolen. I spent forever looking for a gold sample that I had had in the desk drawer in my room just to find out that the reason my pendulum could not locate it was because it had been stolen and was far off the property. Funny enough though the pendulum did lead me to my backup sample which was a breath of fresh air because I had forgotten all about it and it was good thing I kept it well hidden too or else it would have also been taken no doubt. Gotta love when your roommate allows his shady drug addict family members to stay for a couple of days/nights without even asking you if it would be alright and then the landlord doesn't provide any locks on the bedroom doors. He said he would buy me a locking doorknob I told him no just don't allow your shady drug addict family members who do not belong here in the first place to be crashing at our pad...problem solved.

We hope that is not the case. There was only one person here. My daughter had a friend over. That friend has been here numerous times. That does not mean that she did not take it this time, however.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread