This is weird. Any ideas?

E

enochsea7

I'm currently experiencing a strange phenomenon that I'm unsure about how to explain. I dowsed this item in a person's backyard. It formed a rectangular object exactly 7 ft long and 1.5 ft wide, gold and diamonds (maybe more). To confirm the results I used two methods. First, I used a long range locator. Gold frequencies 222 hz and 5.2 khz formed very responsive signal lines from several meters away. Diamond frequencies seemingly didn't have the same depth penetration, no signal line. Second method was using the Whites TM 808. Sweeped many square meters of the surrounding area and only over the dowsed target location got a very strong detection. People can debate dowsing and long range locators but the TM 808 is tried and true technology. It was enough confirmation to start digging.

Me and the diggers have been at this for a while now (years). We've dug a lot of holes in this environment so we have a pretty good idea of what looks natural and what doesn't in the various soil layers. Every single person involved was convinced after only 4 ft that something was very unusual about this target location. Many things are pointing to the conclusion that these soil layers were manufactured. But there's something I can't come to terms with. The Whites website says that the TM 808 has a depth penetration ability of "up to 20 ft" on an object the size of a small car. But this hole has now reached a depth of 60ft. It just seems unlikely that the Whites would be able to detect an object buried so deep in to the earth but I'm assuming it's possible under perfect conditions.

I was hoping to post some photos of the dig and see if anyone gets a hit on them. I'd also like to post photos of a couple stones markers unearthed at the site also, to see if someone can dowse whether or not the markers have indeed been formed by man. I'd really appreciate any info

Heres the hole from directly above:
View attachment 1586250

Here are two stones, believed to be markers, found at around 45 ft:
View attachment 1586251
View attachment 1586252

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks man made for sure. In the Phillipines?

OP
OP
E

enochsea7

looks man made for sure. In the Phillipines?

Yes. Its encouraging to hear you say that. We felt the same way. Seems very unlikely that especially the stone cube could have formed naturally in such a way and we just happened to find it in a spot where we also picked up these readings. The cube was positioned directly below that heart shaped stone, sitting perfectly upright. There is a line carved all the way around the stone about two inches from the top, making it look as if the stone has a "lid". Really bizarre stuff.

Thanks a lot for commenting. I hope you're right!

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get nothing in the hole,just minerals,no gold are silver,if a person dig deep enough, he find rocks that will look like its man made,if a person is rock hunting,and get where there a lot of rocks,if you get to looking you find some square rocks,and even heart rocks, most treasure is never buried over 2 feet,yes it can sink in bad soil, Spanish buried there deeper.....sorry but i would say move on,you can dig another 60 feet more but you still get the same results.......minerals can have a gold Freq Signal....but its a Negative signal,this hole is Negative its pushing,not pulling,you need a Positive signal pulling not pushing.....you are not the first,i dug my share of Negative signal,and it will drive a Md Crazy. good luck in you hunting.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nothing in the hole

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Look this wall with metal detector
..blue is the depth (approximately)
..green is the object/s surface

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just seems unlikely that the Whites would be able to detect an object buried so deep in to the earth but I'm assuming it's possible under perfect conditions.

Not even under the most ideal perfect conditions you can possibly imagine.

With the '808 you can (usually) roughly gauge size and depth of the object. If you did that, what did it tell you?
With the '808 you can definitely recheck the spot as you dig. When you did that, what happened?

OP
OP
E

enochsea7

With the '808 you can (usually) roughly gauge size and depth of the object. If you did that, what did it tell you?

The 808 was very precisely detecting the object only when scanning over the marked outline of the dowsed object. So in this case, if the dowsed object is actually there, yes it did gauge the exact size. I'm not sure how the 808 would have given any depth measurement. At least the model we were using did not provide that information.

With the '808 you can definitely recheck the spot as you dig. When you did that, what happened?

The person who owns the 808 became distracted by family matters and was in the middle of relocating to another country. After beginning the dig, we no longer had access to it.

This is what is so confusing. The person using the 808 had set the device to eliminate detection of ground mineralization, which from what I read, the device is very effective at doing. If the 808 somehow was still detecting mineralization, then it would have been going crazy when we were scanning the surrounding area. This soil is choke full of mineralization and a real nightmare for normal metal detecting.

So it seems the 808 was detecting a solid metal object. But we have still not unearthed even the slightest bit of scrap metal at the dig. Only a collection of very bizarrely shaped stones that would have even the most hardcore skeptics scratching their head.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since your pictures are gone I can't scratch my head.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I see nothing at all unusual about any of those stones with the sole exception of the square one, and that one only registers as barely above my threshold of interesting. I certainly had no inclination to scratch my head.

The TM808 isn't terribly hard to use, but it can give misleading results. If a person wanted to, they could easily make it give misleading results. Or do it without intentionally meaning to. And the '808 isn't any better at ground elimination than any other VLF, maybe worse. It is, after all, a White's 6000 VLF circuit with badly balanced coils.

Some 10 years ago a fellow took a metal detector, got a signal in his front yard, and dug a hole. As he dug the detector kept sounding louder, and he kept digging. At 60 feet (as I recall) city officials showed up a forced him to fill it back in. My recollection was he had a TM808, just didn't know how the heck to use it.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK now I'm scratching my head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread