How do you discount the testimonials?

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
What if you don't know one way or the other ? I mean I've never personally seen it done, but then I've never seen a U.F.O. either, but there are enough people out there claiming they have that I wouldn't discount what they say. To say this board is only for believers or non belivers, then what will they talk about, there won't be any open and frank discussion of the subject. Instead all you can do is preach to the choir. I believe, so do I, me too, yep I'm with ya there ! The board won't last long !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your Open Minded and or have legit Questions,
Post anywhere.

If you want to Debate (Argue) go to the Regular Dowsing Forum
Below the Child Boards.

See Link I posted above.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
MD Dog said:
What if you don't know one way or the other ? I mean I've never personally seen it done, but then I've never seen a U.F.O. either, but there are enough people out there claiming they have that I wouldn't discount what they say. To say this board is only for believers or non belivers, then what will they talk about, there won't be any open and frank discussion of the subject. Instead all you can do is preach to the choir. I believe, so do I, me too, yep I'm with ya there ! The board won't last long !
The board has been around for long enough, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. Jeff is very correct. There's a board for believers only, a board for non-believers only, and then a general dowsing discussion board where all posts are welcome. Perhaps you should have looked into this before saying, "To say this board is only for believers or non belivers, then what will they talk about, there won't be any open and frank discussion of the subject. Instead all you can do is preach to the choir. I believe, so do I, me too, yep I'm with ya there ! The board won't last long !"

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Apparently that board for general discussion is kinda hidden. I only got involved in this discussion by following a link from the recent posts. I wasn't aware that there needed to be seperate rooms for the two sides to have their secret meetings in or whatever. And even following Jeffs link above, you end up staring at two choices believe or don't believe, leaving no option for don't know if I believe. Then I figured out that the general discussion area was below those two choices but not clearly marked as such. But Hey thanks for being so helpful there af1733

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
MD Dog said:
Apparently that board for general discussion is kinda hidden. I only got involved in this discussion by following a link from the recent posts. I wasn't aware that there needed to be seperate rooms for the two sides to have their secret meetings in or whatever. And even following Jeffs link above, you end up staring at two choices believe or don't believe, leaving no option for don't know if I believe. Then I figured out that the general discussion area was below those two choices but not clearly marked as such. But Hey thanks for being so helpful there af1733
The link Jeff posted was this, http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,200.0.html. It takes you directly to the dowsing discussion board. The two categories you see at the top of the page when you open this link are clearly listed "Sub-Catgories."

You really should spend some time perusing the areas available to you and have a firm grasp of what they mean before you respond mockingly at the site admin, the people who make all of the available to us.

Read through the "Why I Think Dowsing Works" forum, and you'll be able to see that any dowsing-negative posts have been deleted, and Jeff posts a reminder that they do not belong there. The same thing happens in the "Why I Think Dowsing Doesn't Work" forum, but in this case Jeff chose to point this out to you and direct you to the correct area, rather than deleting your posts. You should be thanking him.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff,

What about people who are on the fence? ;D ;D ;D

I just posted this in another thread, but there is another part I think needs stating.

I went to High School with a guy whose father owned an oil exploration company (CT Carden Oil Exploration, I think he sold out years ago and retired). He had a few highly paid dowsers on his staff that he said were very accurate.

I don't know if they map dowsed or traveled around looking for sites, but they found the initial areas, and a crew went in and drilled an exploratory well. More often than not they were right on. I think the owner would have known if they were hitting by coincidence or some other method that could be easily replicated. I think he would have loved to have not had to pay what he was paying them.

There are a lot of things in the natural world around us that can't be explained by today's science.

If it were as easy as some say, I think the willow tree would have gone extinct long ago. ;D I think that there are a lot of people who believe they can dowse. I believe there are a lot of people out there who claim they can dowse (but know they can't) that are trying to sell something (these are where you find statements that explain the "science" behind dowsing), and I think there are a few more out there that have a talent that I can't explain.

Just my two cents-Mike

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yeah I'm sort of confused too. I mean, I thought forums were for discussion (pros and cons). I welcomed a contrary opinion to my start of this thread (how else am I supposed to compare data to my thoughts, questions, past experiences, etc...?). But if the "contrary opinion" can't answer me because they're not allowed, what good is that?

I can only assume that moderator's past experience has led to this arrangement? Bummer :(

MD dog, you say: "the Bibles admonishings too steer clear of such super natural activities. My only point was that it may be real ...." Well if it is admonished not to do it in the bible, why do it even if it works? Sounds like "don't steal", yet, if it is real that you get rich by stealing, you still don't do it, right? I mean, the phrase "it works" doesn't make it right still, right?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Here is your answer bro: "Jesus said, if you find a treasure in a field, take part of the treasure and buy the field ." If you find it on government land watch your ass. It is not how you find the treasure, it is really about who is your daddy and of what good will become of your find. Twisted

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I think the admonishments to stay away and not take part in Divination is what would apply here, and I think it is because it's too easy to become sucked in to the other sides team. But in answer to your question Tom is no, just because it might be for real for some dosen't mean it would be OK to do it.

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bill, since science changes every day, and doesn't prove or dis-prove anything, then I suggest you make a peanut butter sandwich, and point it in the direction of likely treasures. I betcha it'll work now and then (just use your detector to "pinpoint" the goodies). Certainly someday, science will show how the sandwich works. In the meantime, it's just un-discovered science. Try it! Have an open mind!

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Pliers will work too; something to do with continuity. Voltage, arc, grounds, alternating polarity, and the presence of metal. Peanut butter umm goood.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Tom_in_CA said:
Bill, since science changes every day, and doesn't prove or dis-prove anything, then I suggest you make a peanut butter sandwich, and point it in the direction of likely treasures. I betcha it'll work now and then (just use your detector to "pinpoint" the goodies). Certainly someday, science will show how the sandwich works. In the meantime, it's just un-discovered science. Try it! Have an open mind!
Peanut butter only works if you're looking for silver. To find gold, you have to add jelly, too. (Preferably strawberry....)

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey af1733, c'mon, you know if they want to REALLY find the gold, they need to smear the jelly all over their face! Just like those that've taped a magnet to their forhead to enhance dowsing results (no joke).

So c'mon, don't hide the secret of our success. Get an entire jar of jelly, smear it all over your face, and you'll find major gold with the sandwich LRL! (Of course, it won't work if their are sun-spots, spooks, mineralized soil, etc....) But keep it up, day after day, and eventually, you WILL find something! ;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Tom_in_CA said:
Hey af1733, c'mon, you know if they want to REALLY find the gold, they need to smear the jelly all over their face! Just like those that've taped a magnet to their forhead to enhance dowsing results (no joke).

So c'mon, don't hide the secret of our success. Get an entire jar of jelly, smear it all over your face, and you'll find major gold with the sandwich LRL! (Of course, it won't work if their are sun-spots, spooks, mineralized soil, etc....) But keep it up, day after day, and eventually, you WILL find something! ;D
Oh yeah, I've read about the "magnet taped to my head" guy. Also the "gold coin in my mouth" guy and the "magnet in my shoes" guy are good for a laugh as well. :D

All that's missing is the "tinfoil hat man" and "the government stole my treasure" guy.

We have the "jelly-covered facy guy" covered, so as soon as the Professor and the Skipper make it, we have a television show! ;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Twisted Fork said:
Define something....... ???
Twisted Fork: nonsense spewing T'Net member that seems to have no intellectual information to add to a discussion yet feels a need to speak at length about nothing and form completely irrelevant posts.

How's that grab ya?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Your soft spot is showing. Testimonials.....where were we?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Twisted Fork said:
Your soft spot is showing. Testimonials.....where were we?
Testimonials are worthless unless backed by some other form of evidence. A person can't swear that what they saw is absolute unless they are able to view the event from all angles and have the ability to review the event at their leisure.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry Laden said:
Twisted Fork said:
The fact is that most dowsers can't use rods in the first place. Try this yourself. Find a young willow tree and clip out a fork of which the branches are about as big as your little finger. Make the double arms of the fork about two to two and one half feet in length. The single shaft at the end should be about 8 inches in length. Acquire two pure pieces of silver (coins or jewelry ect). Place one silver piece on the lawn, and back away from it about twenty feet away. Place the other coin in your cheek. I would suggest you try this alone first in order to avoid distraction. Hold the fork like a post hole digger in front of you, aiming down with your elbows touching your ribs. Relax your body and then bend your elbows so that your fists are at the level of your chin on either side. Allow the ends of the willow to rest between your thumbs and fingers. Now gently roll your hands away from your face causing the fork to flex apart until the fork begins to feel like spring tension. Aim at the coin 20 feet away and slowly walk towards it. See if the willow doesn't pull down as you approach the other coin. The first time I tried this, it twisted the bark off the limbs. :o Honest Injun

This will work every time as long as you know where the coin is on the lawn.

If you honestly let someone else hide the coin on the lawn, and then they leave the area before you arrive; your success rate will only be that of ordinary guessing. Try it, you will see.

100 percent right you are...........I would like to see some REAL double blind test performed in front of a few people...For random things in random locations......If you put the coin there of course you can dip your willow, but if you have no clue as to where its at, my dog will have a better chance of finding it...I will say it is all a bunch of bull......I am a firm bekiver in science fact, dont get me wrong tho, I do like science fiction, and fantasy, and that is why I check the pro dowsing sight every now, and then...Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread