Picture of dowsing find

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....found in NC/TN in 1993 on site after map dowsing off site indicated valuable sapphire was present. My question posed to the rod over the map was, "Is there any valuable sapphire anywhere in the area represented by this map?" A yes answer had me driving to the site where I used a mental bait/info dowsing with the L-rod that led me 40' from where I was standing.The sapphire was about 8"deep and weighed in at just over an ounce. The site work took about 15 minutes.
My question posed to the rod on site was, "In which direction below the earth's surface will I find a commercially valuable sapphire?" And that was all she wrote!
This is a good example of using information dowsing and a mental bait while map/field dowsing to make a successful mineral recovery.
Enjoy!
I'll have more pics of my finds, oldest to newest as I transfer them over from prints onto the computer.
Stay tuned!
Jon

Attachments

• digitalpics 070 (2).jpg
    digitalpics 070 (2).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,521

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find !

Congrats !

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Some of my finds....Art

Attachments

• cccd.JPG
    cccd.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • P1010004[1].jpg
    P1010004[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • p1010011.jpg
    p1010011.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,083
  • p1010011.jpg
    p1010011.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,078
  • P1010004[1].jpg
    P1010004[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,088
  • cccd.JPG
    cccd.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,075

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds Art.

I think I like the Silver Dollars more then the Gold ;D

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks Jeff....Not much gold in the area that I now live. I spent the last few years looking for big caches...It is a whole new ballgame. I have a lot to learn....Art

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
have you tried TerraServer yet? Study topos for old mine symbols in and around your mountains. Those old timers mined right past the Spanish caches. Look for twin stumps or standing stones nearby.

Twisted

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art,
Very "cool" finds, I like the top one, the jar of gold!
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dell,
I've enjoyed seeing your finds also on the forum!
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dell,
Very nice finds! nice color on the nuggets, and I hope you are including your model there as a "gold" find also!
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I thought I would add a little to this thread. Less than a foot deep. What’s the odds of finding this with a metal detector?....Art

Attachments

• gold 2 001.jpg
    gold 2 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 761
  • gold 2 001.jpg
    gold 2 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 752
  • sanmd 2 006.jpg
    sanmd 2 006.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 757

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
That's a nice nugget Art. One of a kind. I read your post earlier on your Sapphire find, the questions that you posed on the map and on the site, and the short time it took to locate it. How did locating this nugget compare with locating the Sapphire?

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Digum, I located the sapphire.
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Digum…..I made about 5 trips over there. It is a 4 hour drive from my house. I would spend 5 to 6 hours walking around. I knew that the gold vein was about 2 ½ miles long. The second trip I located the closed entrance to the Legend “ Lost Cave of Gold”

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,71317.0.html

I also found another closed entrance up on the mountain. These were about a mile up a steep gully so I decide to look around a little more. I followed the road up the canyon and found that the cave crossed under the road and headed for the mountains on the other side of the sand wash. I checked this area out and found the cave was 20 feet deep about 200 feet up the mountain. There was a deep gully to the left so I went over there and checked it out. The top of the cave was 2 feet deep and the gold was right at a foot deep in the gully. I did manage to dig down to bedrock in a small area but it was getting late.
The next trip up the road was completely gone from a flash flood. We took my sons four wheeler in and dug the specimen. After all these years our kids are showing some interest in gold….Art

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
Sorry about that teleprospector. My mistake. That's a beautiful Sapphire. You said that you used "mental bait/info dowsing". Would you mind explaining that? Did you locate anymore Sapphires in that area? --- Great stories Art, yours and the one Jeff posted. How much of the mine had already been worked and how much of it have you worked?

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Digum, no problem and I'm glad you liked the sapphire find.
Mental baiting is when you picture in your mind what it is you are looking for and strongly concentrating on that image.
Information dowsing is when you pose questions in your mind to the instrument inquiring something about the object you are seeking, for example, the direction to a target, the depth, if the target exists, ect.
Some dowsers don't question the instrument and just strongly concentrate on the object (mind's eye image). This is more easily done with an object that you know what it looks like, such as coins.
With the sapphire, I pictured blue color and concentrated on the word "sapphire" in my mind.
I dowsed the property and staked out areas where I was picking up hotspots for sapphires and was told later that they had dug more up.
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Digum….I have not been in the cave yet. The lower part where the entrance is I have found 5 places where people have either gotten in or gave up. The spot in the upper cave where I found the gold is in a deep gully. If we break in now it will flood this winter. My son will be back from the Arctic Circle in a few months when the storms drive them out. He has the mining expertise and the knowledge of heavy equipment that I need. ….Art

P.S....I found the entrance 0.008 miles from where I had map dowsed it.

Attachments

• Sand 132 001.jpg
    Sand 132 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 693
  • Sand 132 004.jpg
    Sand 132 004.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 657

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
teleprospector said:
.....found in NC/TN in 1993 on site after map dowsing off site indicated valuable sapphire was present. My question posed to the rod over the map was, "Is there any valuable sapphire anywhere in the area represented by this map?" A yes answer had me driving to the site where I used a mental bait/info dowsing with the L-rod that led me 40' from where I was standing.The sapphire was about 8"deep and weighed in at just over an ounce. The site work took about 15 minutes.
My question posed to the rod on site was, "In which direction below the earth's surface will I find a commercially valuable sapphire?" And that was all she wrote!
This is a good example of using information dowsing and a mental bait while map/field dowsing to make a successful mineral recovery.
Enjoy!
I'll have more pics of my finds, oldest to newest as I transfer them over from prints onto the computer.
Stay tuned!
Jon
what as a new person to dowsing..is mental bait

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions