Dowsing test

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I see that a lot of people are
viewing our board. I have used a pendulum in many ways.I found that using them in the field was hard so I use my rods.....Here is a little test.

A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

I have just started to use one with a chain instead of a string...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just because someone writes something
does no mean it will work fo you. It may not work for you or it may work for you. You may be able to use some of the information or not. I learned a long time ago not to make a judgement without giving a good try . I use what works for me and remember what does not. Some day it may be useful information...Art

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art:

I can not find it right now, but somewhere around here I have a mechanics telescopic magnet that one can pick up screws and things that dropped to the floor or ground.The magnet on the end is a very strong neodymium type. So I just bought a new one.

I have two small hand held Audiovox communication radios that have a range of about 3 miles in a straight line. I bought them about 20 years ago. I use them now when I want to communicate with my wife when I am out in the field and she stays in the truck. They still work great. I read that to extend the range of these radios, or for that matter, any radio transmitting / receiver, hold the radio so the antenna is vertical, not horizontal. You see people holding communication radios so the antenna is sticking out to their side or at about a 45 degree angle. Both these positions reduces the radios sensitivity to receive a signal. I tested this with these radios and it is true. They work better when the antenna is sticking straight up. The radio receiver antennas on both my trucks are in the vertical position. Antennas built in windshields on cars are more vertical than horizontal too.

To enhance my dowsing sensitivity and discrimination capability in the field, I am going to attach, with duct tape or rubber bands, a mechanics telescopic magnet to my dowsing pocket rods (my avatar) in such a way that my hand touches both the dowsing rod handle and the magnetic pickup tool handle at the same time. The strong magnet on its tip should help pull in the energy from a target. My dowsing rods are also telescopic. So, when I am done dowsing, I can fold them both up and put them as a one piece unit in my pocket.

From reading about energy frequencies metals give off, and what the correct antenna length would be to best sense that energy frequency, I would extend the magnet 7”, 14”,21” for silver, and 17” for gold. Neither my rods or the magnetic pick up tool go out to 34”. So 14” and 17” will be the max lengths, depending on which metal I am looking for.

I figure the energy from my body will serve like a battery to energize both the rods and the antenna.

As you know, I posted dowsing finds in the past. I found those things while dowsing without the aid of a vertical antenna device of any kind on my dowsing rod handle. I hope this will help in discriminating better.

Your comments please.

Les.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Les...You have to be careful...If it has chanells like mine has. If someone has some channel keyed in it can interfer with the rods. Chanel 1 and 3 will affect silver and # 5 and 7 will do gold under. ....Art

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Les...You have to be careful...If it has chanells like mine has. If someone has some channel keyed in it can interfer with the rods. Chanel 1 and 3 will affect silver and # 5 and 7 will do gold under. ....Art
Noted. Thanks.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some of my friends in Texas have a lot of trouble with Lodestone. I don't know if there's any in your area..It can be found in igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. Normal magnetite is attracted to a magnet but lodestone acts as a magnet, attracting iron particles. Lodestone is one of only two minerals that are naturally magnetized; the other, pyrrhotite, is only weakly magnetic

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of my friends in Texas have a lot of trouble with Lodestone. I don't know if there's any in your area..It can be found in igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. Normal magnetite is attracted to a magnet but lodestone acts as a magnet, attracting iron particles. Lodestone is one of only two minerals that are naturally magnetized; the other, pyrrhotite, is only weakly magnetic
I don't know about these minerals so I can't answer your question. Also, I have not heard anyone talk about them being in my area either.

I tried my new rod configuration with an antenna attached to it on a known target of three pieces of pure silver; walking towards it on the cardinal directions, then walking around it from a considerable distance. The responses in all cases were very fast and positive. It beat responses I have had in the past. For me, I am on to something. I will keep doing this for some interesting up-coming summers trips.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My rods are 15-1/4 X 5-3/4. Copper---and no samples used.
I have two Pendulums. One Walnut pyramid and one stone hanging from metal chain.
Marvin
http://[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/10ok08n.jpg[/IMG]

One of my favorite pendulums.... or weapon, can be either or lol.
MPA2.jpg

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, oh and if your curious about why your antenna works the way it does take a look at my post on antennas in the LRL sub forum. There is a couple things that can help with any dowsing rod there.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, oh and if your curious about why your antenna works the way it does take a look at my post on antennas in the LRL sub forum. There is a couple things that can help with any dowsing rod there.
I found one post but I am not sure if it was the right one. If you posted only one on antennas, then I found it.

So, just in case, could you send me the URL?

In the mean time, I will blissfully try to imagine how it must have been with the Spanish, not having all these facts and figures we have today that clogs up their minds, simply trusted in blessing their rods to Christianize them. Things were real simple and straight forward then.

Thanks,

Les

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah just the one "antennas and advertising silliness". I just covered the basics since most antenna design is just unfeasible for dowsing applications.

Most metaphysical objects are attributed to belief and faith in yourself and the object. So the more ideas you try to put into it's function the less the object will respond. So I do imagine it was simpler for them not to have to justify the reasoning behind it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions