Prove it.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I am a dowsing skeptic, but I'm open minded.

So to those of you who believe you can dowse an aerial image I'd like to give you a chance to prove to me that it can work. But before I just throw up a couple of random aerial images and waste a bunch of time I want you to tell me how big of an area should I provide, or does that even matter?

I have two locations that I am interested in, one of which I have reason to believe has and actual treasure to be found, the other is a bit of an unknown both are near water and both have a lot of history.

So here's the challenge.
You tell me what you need as far as images, and I'll do my best to provide.
You do your dowsing thing and report back with info.
I'll go there, and work till I'm exhausted rakes, shovels, metal detector etc. and report back with my findings, or lack thereof.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowser great dowser show yourself
!!!!!!!!!

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!!!!!!!!!
challenge. challenge I think I heard that before don't waste your time digging check them out , (map dowsing is free) they just trying to help you out, they don't have to spend there time trying to help you, if a person want to see if someone can dowse then get a few pounds of lead are copper and buried it, in size of a football field, as long as you can get it in a camera picture, as for me I like the North marked, if they can hit it then get them to dowse for you (if they will). we have some good dowser here but this challenge is old stuff. and to, a
aerial image depend on how far out you put a dot are circle on the map you can be 100 are 300 plus feet off, that why I work off gps ….. a dowser can mark a map from a distant , but on the ground you be off, like looking for a needle in a yard, then the dowser hear back there nothing there, that the reason i'm much a long wolf any more. so after saying all that !!!
challenge again!!!!
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I was just hoping someone could help make tomorrow go better.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
My friends, Family and people I hunt with all know what my maps and rods can do. I have need to show anyone else

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends, Family and people I hunt with all know what my maps and rods can do. I have need to show anyone else

Thanks for your help buddy.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have not been on this forum in a LONG time. Only posted to another thread just now, because I was following a certain poster's posts.

But now that I'm here, I'm a little confused: I see a few ... uh ... "skeptical" posts and threads. But long ago I was warned that this forum is NOT for anyone who digresses . It is for discussion of "pro" (affirming) views only. Which is totally understandable. To "keep the peace" and allow believers to discuss amongst themselves. I get it.

And skeptical pokes used to not be allowed. Which ... I can totally understand. There are other forum sub-sections for dissenting critical views. But I got reprimanded before , for posting on this dowsing forum , with dissenting "con" views.

Yet now I'm seeing some posts and threads with "con" views. What gives ? Is that not the case anymore ?

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been on this forum in a LONG time. Only posted to another thread just now, because I was following a certain poster's posts.

But now that I'm here, I'm a little confused: I see a few ... uh ... "skeptical" posts and threads. But long ago I was warned that this forum is NOT for anyone who digresses . It is for discussion of "pro" (affirming) views only. Which is totally understandable. To "keep the peace" and allow believers to discuss amongst themselves. I get it.

And skeptical pokes used to not be allowed. Which ... I can totally understand. There are other forum sub-sections for dissenting critical views. But I got reprimanded before , for posting on this dowsing forum , with dissenting "con" views.

Yet now I'm seeing some posts and threads with "con" views. What gives ? Is that not the case anymore ?

Simply being a little bit skeptical doesn't automatically mean that I had any intentions to ridicule, disparage, or mock anyone.
I was serious about hunting wherever they said I should search. And whatever the results I would report back honestly. So thanks for that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Didn't Like this Title when I first saw the Thread.
Expected to Come in & Delete it.

But after Reading the First Post, I decided to take a wait & see Stance.

As for the Title, Nobody Needs to
"Prove" Anything !!!!!!

As For Skeptics posting.
Everyone has their Own opinion on What is OK & What is Overboard.

Harping over something continuously to the Point Members feel like they are being attacked personally
for their beliefs
Gets my Attention.

My guess at some Point, someone will Get them-self in Trouble.

Like it or Not,
Best rule of Thumb for All Subjects on TreasureNet

Believers Are OK.

Since it's the Skeptics that usually Go Postal,
& start making threats & insisting on Proof.
Skeptics Beware & Be Careful !

Your opinion may be allowed, but your attitude may not

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom you know exactly why you were banned, you were warned many times before the ban to end the badgering of people who believe and you refused. You even commented on different forum that you pushed it too far. Our rules have not changed since your last timeout.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this thread has completely spiraled out of control so feel free to delete it... SMH

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ok, then this thread , which hints of "dissenting view" , should be deleted from this forum sub-section. If it were on the main-page ("general discussion") then it would be ok.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the poorly chosen two word title. I was just trying to keep an open mind and had no idea two words would dissuade even those who are truly confident in their skills and trasform the entire thread into such troll bait.

Perhaps the people of the world should dial back their sensitivity just a bit.

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg

Because. Yoda.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, then this thread , which hints of "dissenting view" , should be deleted from this forum sub-section. If it were on the main-page ("general discussion") then it would be ok.

Tom your pushing your luck, we do not need you to tell us how to moderate the forum either.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of the challenge. Maybe it would seem less antagonistic in General Discussion, if some feel attacked.
The thing is no one asks anyone to prove a metal detector works.
I've seen photos posted asking for dowsing and people respond by drawing circles and lines on the photo. But there is no conclusion.
I hope someone takes a shot at this. I am a bit sceptical but feel no urge to attack those who dowse. I may sometimes rib the LRL crowd but it is all in fun.
There is a fairly clear line between attacking and teasing someone.
I have an idea: if Icewing posts photos I will attempt a remote psychic probe and advise a place to look :D

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Give it up Tom and follow all those fake testers. When told to put up
the money for a real Double Blind study they went home..on the Map Dowsing submit.When I mark a map there is always something in the area . If the person has the skills and equipment to follow a signal line they will be happy.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can a Metal Detector find paper money?

View attachment 1661561

Can dowsing? I would love to see photos.
I suppose the people who sell metal detectors find paper money.
In a way, one may find paper money by selling a coin they detected :)
Paper money could be found easily by a metal detector since it would likely be in a container which has metal fasteners. But you do bring up a good point.
I have no problem with dowsers or such. But I would like to see evidence.
Why don't we have dowsers posting photos of their finds and telling what equipment was used? Is it a lack of people dowsing?
*when I replied to your post there was no photo so had to edit. What is the story behind the photo?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can a Metal Detector find paper money?

View attachment 1661561

Nice :thumbsup:

Under certain Circumstances Yes !

If it's in or wrapped around something Metal,
Or By Eyeballing While Detecting & looking down
The detector Helped :laughing7:

Many Years ago (80's ?) the magazines used to have writers who insisted the Older BFO detectors,
& I think possibly TR;s If tuned right , Could be tuned to Detect Bills.

I'd Guess you remember that . Maybe even Better then I :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions