Talk, talk, enough talk already.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk, talk and more excuses. I will just keep finding gold and let Tom talk about a subject he knows nothing about..Art
Well said Art, and I will keep finding coins and junk items.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no doubt you're finding gold. It's just a shame these claims and finds can never be subjected to testing. Other than the subjective tests of the anecdotal stories. Which, yes, are quite compelling.

Kind of hard to argue with a picture of a dude posing next to a jar of coins he found, eh ? But when it comes time to test it , to make sure it's not explainable by other more-plausible explanations : Never seems to happen. And yes, like invisible leprechauns, there's a myriad of bullet-proof reasons why these tests will never happen (or were rigged, unfair, etc...) Sure I get it. Hence: All we have is the anecdotal stories of the gold, .22 shells, wires, etc.... :(

They dont need to be subjected to testing, they dont have to prove squat to anyone.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it and I'm curious why dowsers would point to this video for skeptics. I have some thoughts but I want to hear from the dowsers first.

Seriously, I'm interested in this idea of dowsing but watching this video makes me more skeptical than intrigued. But I'm new to this so I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously, I'm interested in this idea of dowsing but watching this video makes me more skeptical than intrigued. But I'm new to this so I don't really know what I'm looking at.
What video?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your 100th coin video. He said he watched it in an earlier post and was curious about some things.

Beats me as I never posted a video about finding coins, only pictures.

I am on a smart phone right now and don't know how to copy and paste youtube video links on it yet.

Tomorrow morning I will go to our library and post my favorite dowsing videos here then.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beats me as I never posted a video about finding coins, only pictures.

I am on a smart phone right now and don't know how to copy and paste youtube video links on it yet.

Tomorrow morning I will go to our library and post my favorite dowsing videos here then.

I posted it for you on page four when it wouldn't embed in your post.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted it for you on page four when it wouldn't embed in your post.
Thanks for keying my memory. I had forgot about that one. I don't know why I could not get it to show but that was what happened.

The two following videos are my favorite ones. I never get tired of watching them. There are others out there on youtube.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOM "sheesh, didn't know you were a -------, but then so am I. She is flung together as a girl should be flung.

Last edited:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing is very old, has a long history that spans many societies. The electric metal detector, by comparisons is a tiny baby in diapers. The time has long past when us dowsers need to stop listening to and dealing with skeptics and their negative inputs about the dowsing technique. Who really cares how it works for doesn't work. Even though I have an opinion, I for one couldn't care less what skeptics say or think. So I am going to start posting my dowsing g find, be them junk or things of value an let the skeptics deal with them. The finds trumps all!

Metal detectors works, dowsing does not..Pretty simple....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dowsing will NEVER work for anyone who has doubts and negative feelings to others.

I've always wondered why dowsing is dependent on "vibes" and "feelings". I mean, I *get* the rationale that is offered: Namely, that .... just like md'ing, if you go out with negative feelings, bad mood, mind-is-distracted, etc... that ... yes .... you don't do as good md'ing. Right ? That you're therefore not tuned in to deep silver whispers, right ?

But to *remove* for that component (to make it a DBT where that factor is removed), here's where the analogy breaks down, when the "vibes" thing is trying to show-similarity between dowse & md'ing : If you took 100 people with "bad vibes" and "no training" and "negativity", then ... sure : That would be the immediate go-to reason why their dowsing attempts failed. Right ? But if you took those same exact 100 people, with "bad vibes" and "no training" and "negativity, and asked all 100 of them to wave a quarter in front of a metal detector. I'll bet that the detector beeps for all 100 of them.

No training or positive demeanor needed. Right ? Hence: Vibes and feelings and doubts and negativity have no bearing on metal detectors.

Thus I do not accept the attempt to try to draw a parallel .

Unless, of course, we attribute the power of dowsing to something supernatural and mystical and spooks. Then ... sure ... there are things in that realm that can't be measured and scientifically tested. But the moment you go down *that path* , is the moment you open up the pandora's box (even within dowser's own ranks) of having it now be compared to religion, spooks, supernatural, occult, etc..... Most dowsers don't go there. And will say , instead, that there's something scientific (albeit un-discovered) going on.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom, are you back?

There are three things going on here,
1. You skeptics want dowsing to work like a metal detector and when it does not, you cry spook.

2. For us dowsers, we know we can find things while dowsing. 3. We also know dowsing does not work like a metal detector.

In fact, I have posted pictures of some of my dowsing finds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom isnt here, he was banned for multiple rule violations and after many warnings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions