Talk, talk, enough talk already.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dowsing is very old, has a long history that spans many societies. The electric metal detector, by comparisons is a tiny baby in diapers. The time has long past when us dowsers need to stop listening to and dealing with skeptics and their negative inputs about the dowsing technique. Who really cares how it works for doesn't work. Even though I have an opinion, I for one couldn't care less what skeptics say or think. So I am going to start posting my dowsing g find, be them junk or things of value an let the skeptics deal with them. The finds trumps all!

Attachments

• S5303711.JPG
    S5303711.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Most craft stores are closed today.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to seeing your finds:icon_thumleft:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Les-jcbs, I appreciate your invites and honesty. Ie.: to invite other explanations and dissenting views. And I see some people have hinted at that already. Can you take this invitation to a main Forum page? Because on this venue, it is too risky.

Mind you... it is very good that you are acknowledging that the proof is in the pudding.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN4714.JPG
Les, this one is my first thing found with dowsing. At the time I had a mineral rod made by Don Darnel who was a chemist and made 3 or 4 different rods.
I was following a story told to me by the superintendant when we talked about finding money. His mother had a sister up North and since she was going to see her, she put silver coins in a jar and buried them while she was away because her husband was a heavy drinker and would have used them for buying
whiskey. I never found the coins but my rod kept going to this signal line. The signal led to a trash pile which someone had dumped.
The old home was completely gone except for the well water pipe remained sticking up and one HUGE magnolia tree.
I began separating trash and there were many old paint cans. After getting a clear place i redowsed it and still got a signal. Finally I found this target
which is the top off a salt or pepper shaker, mashed flat. Today I rubbed baking soda on it to show that it is sterling silver. Since it was my first find with a rod I have kept it in my desk drawer with some other special finds.
This item may not mean much to some folks but for me it is proof positive that dowsing can work, and will work for most folks if they are interested enough to go through some trials and error. I have also found much junk items with an Anderson rod which I have no more.
Enjoy, and a very good new year to Treasurenet folks, and especially to the mods.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Elh:. Fantastic! How far away from this target were you when you picked up the signal? I will go dowsing again today when it warms up more than what it is now, and I will post all targets I find. Right now it is right at about freezing outside, but no snow yet.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noice!! keep em coming....

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elh:. Fantastic! How far away from this target were you when you picked up the signal? I will go dowsing again today when it warms up more than what it is now, and I will post all targets I find. Right now it is right at about freezing outside, but no snow yet.

Les, it was about 50 yards distance because I was at that old home site.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
My First Treasure Find…..

A few years ago I was invited to an 85th birthday party for a fellow worker. I had worked with him back in the 60’s and 70’s. His son was telling me some of his family history. His great grand parents had come from Prussia and had died on the way to Sacramento. But their four children had survived. He told me how they had buried their live savings and given the map to the children because they didn’t trust the people in the wagon train.

He had been looking for the treasure for twenty years and was no closer to finding it than when he started. He showed me a copy of the map and there was only three reference points on it. One was a meadow with the wagon trail going through it. The second was a stream that ran out of the meadow and ran to a pond with an x by three drawn rocks. One was round, the center one was oval with one side at an angle and the third looked like the center rock but in reverse like maybe at one time they were one rock.

What caught my attention was a notation below the pond. It said that the stream went underground. I knew this had to be a translation and could mean a lot of different things I told him about a stream I had fished when I was a kid. It was in the general area and about two miles of it ran under large slabs of shale. I remember catching Black Trout in the openings between the slabs of shale.

We took a weekend that summer and found the stream. You remember when you were young distance didn’t mean as much as you never got tried. We were miles away from where we started. The stream is one of those no name blue lines on the maps. He spent part of this summer researching the wagon trails above.

Up on top where the wagons all came over the summit there is ruts wore in the granite that are still visible today. After they came over the summit there is a lot of routes that could be taken. He soon found that the Official Trail did not go to our stream. He then had two of his grandsons walk up the stream (a long steep rocky climb) until they got to the spring and take a GPS reading. They found no pond on the way up or down.

He called me in September and said he had permission to camp on the ranch so we sat up a base camp.

Two weeks ago we took his Quads up and programmed our GPS and went three and a half miles to the spring. We went down stream for about ½ mile and the stream went under the slate rocks. I looked back up stream and thought to my self that if I were a Beaver this would be a good place to build a dam.

I checked for gold signals and followed the signal and there was the three BOULDERS obscured by the brush. I also had a silver signal to the same spot.

It was buried between three and four feet deep so we decided to let the kids dig the hole some other time.

The Family went up last week and found the remains of an iron box, a few pieces of silver jewelry and $75. They are a happy bunch of people.

What is amazing to me is how fate can bring two pieces of information together. I wish my other project was this easy because I have close to a hundred hours in it and don’t know what the results will be.

Arthur

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
All these stories are indeed amazing. It's just a shame that none of them can ever be done in double-blind testing with protocols put-in-place, to ensure other factors aren't at play :(

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Les, it was about 50 yards distance because I was at that old home site.
my longest dowsing shot was 30 yards. I wanted to go dowsing today, but it started snowing and has been snowing off and on all day long. The weather forecast is for better weather tomorrow. If so I will go dowsing and hopefully find something to show and tell.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another short story about dowsing, I had what is known as an MFR, I THINK that is what it was, but I bought it from Del Winders back in his days of his
OMNITRON. I went to an old place which was a catholic school in the 30,s and 40,s. I knew nothing about it except what I just said, SO, I set up and got three different signal lines. YES, I did use my Minelab on the signal lines and I came out with 2 war nickels, and one Franklin half dollar.
Not knowing WHO lost them, nor when nor where exactly, to me that is so much better than any kind of blind test. No one could ask for a better set up
for testing.
Great New Year for Treasurenet foks.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
All these stories are indeed amazing. It's just a shame that none of them can ever be done in
double-blind testing with protocols put-in-place,
to ensure other factors aren't at play

It is a shame that people keep talking about testing. No one has offfered a test where Dowsers and non dowsers have been tested.That is where the Double Blind comes from....Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... YES, I did use my Minelab on the signal lines and I came out with ..... that is so much better than any kind of blind test. No one could ask for a better set up.....

Wait, hold on, ... Am I reading that you pullled out a metal detector (the Minelab) at a '30s/'40s Parochial school, and got some old coins. And you find that to be a "blind test" for the method ?

Or Is it maybe (just maybe) because, odds are, if someone pulls out a detector to use at an old school, they might find coins ? I pull out my Minelab all the time, at various locations, and .... drum roll .... find old coins.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... No one has offfered a test where Dowsers and non dowsers have been tested.That is where the Double Blind comes from....Art

Really ? Do a youtube search , and you'll see that : Yes indeed, double blind tests have been done with dowsers & non-dowsers. If you would like, I can link you to some of them. But .... I already know the push-back lines :(

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Really ? Do a youtube search , and you'll see that : Yes indeed, double blind tests have been done with dowsers & non-dowsers

I did what you said. I did not find it. How many people were involved in this this test

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Or Is it maybe (just maybe) because, odds are, if someone pulls out a detector to use at an old school, they might find coins ?
One time I owned a metal detector. I went to a park with one table by the Sacramento River. I put the thing to gold and dug 200 straight pull tab. The next week I went Bach with some dowsing Ros Dug close to an once of gold that day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread