A bad pendulum response

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of there course the opposite side of the coin is when there is a good target but you pass it by or ignore it. I know many people believe the first hit is the real one. I am not of that school. I've missed too many to know that is just not so. And besides, many times the response is delayed thirty seconds or sometimes days.

The divide in half and discard method is the epitome of this. I think that is probably the biggest mistake you can make. If there is such a thing as "politically correct" dowsing this one is like discrimination and bias. Once the person has made the wrong decision it is over and the process failed.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's simple deduction--if you miss/ignore the target you need to figure out the why. It would be nice if the pendulum or rod would only respond if there is a good target. It's a good chance you are not waiting long enough, kinda like how Moses got impatient when he struck the rock twice. The water eventually came but because of his impatience he did not make it to the Promised Land, only got a glimpse of it.

In medieval times they talked about the rod as a "magic wand". Unfortunately many think the same today. It's not the wand that is magic, it's how the person uses it. Of course the other side of the coin is some sort of evil, spell-casting wand. Same wand. Could even be the same person. And like voodoo, if a person believes it. Too bad it doesn't work the other way and find treasure just by believing. Eventually the "sucker" wakes up from their trance and realizes the emperor has no clothes. It takes years of dedicated practice with feedback and meditation to achieve a Zen-like state. Unfortunately there is no one to call B.S. because that's not allowed here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread