Dowsing rod frame

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now your telling each other what you meant.

We need a good grasping at straws cartoon ...Art

We all said the same thing. Carl and Tom just provided examples along with it. Selective memory isn't much different that selective reading.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
We all said the same thing. Carl and Tom just provided examples along with it. Selective memory isn't much different that selective reading.
By contrast, selective memory is the phenomenon by which a person deliberately chooses to remember what he or she wants to remember and chooses to forget the rest. Selective memory does not apply across the board, the way not paying attention does. It is directed at specific events or specific aspects of an event.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=selective reading
https://webcache.googleusercontent....selective%20reading+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sep 9, 2018 - When you have no intention of reading someone's xxxx So you scan read and only pick out what is relevant to you.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... selective memory is the phenomenon by which a person deliberately chooses to remember ......

I am honing in on the word "deliberately" above. I believe that selective memory can be subconscious. Thus not deliberate.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... It was the real deal for sure.

Hey there seasiat7 : Ok, let's put the issue of UFO's aside for the moment . Ie.: Whether or not UFOs crashed at Roswell, govt. coverups, captured spacecraft being held in hangers of Area 51, etc..... I'll even grant you that all those things are true. Ok ?

I was only pointing out the sociology experiment, where they did a staged actor scenario , where a group of people were all "hush hush moved away" from a scene that they were allowed to briefly view. And then later , asked independently "what did you see?" (much less, decades later, on their deathbed, to recall and interpret events from decades earlier).

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Under hypnosis, older people can often remember, with perfect clarity, events from fifty years before. Your unconscious memory is virtually perfect. It is your conscious recall that is suspect. The function of your subconscious mind is to store and retrieve data.
I was only pointing out the sociology experiment, where they did a staged actor scenario , where a group of people were all "hush hush moved away" from a scene that they were allowed to briefly view. And then later , asked independently "what did you see?" (much less, decades later, on their deathbed, to recall and interpret events from decades earlier).

https://webcache.googleusercontent....eriments-examples/+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

/search?q=related:https://revisesociology.com/2016/08...2ahUKEwi7ra6_pfDfAhUMDKwKHcAmAvgQHzAMegQICRAF

Aug 12, 2016 - Field experiments aren't the most widely used research method in Sociology, but the examiners seem to love asking questions about them ...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Art, I have a suspicion, that even if the persons in the TV documentary test (who were marched past a faked UFO govt. worker site) had been "Hypnotized", that: The differing explanations, contradictory observations, memories, etc.... would still have existed. I certainly *wish* we were all robots, who "perfectly film" and "perfectly interpret" things we see . But no, I don't think the subconscious or hypnosis changes any of our human frailties.

I may be wrong. But I have never heard that if several eye-witnesses recall or interpret things differently, that they magically come into concurrence when hypnotized. As I said, I may be wrong though. Any experiments been done with that ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I may be wrong. But I have never heard that if several eye-witnesses recall or interpret things differently, that they magically come into concurrence when hypnotized. As I said, I may be wrong though. Any experiments been done with that ?[/QUOTE)

You may want to read about the Satellite named Black Knight. It seems like has been there some 13,000years

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
...You may want to read about the Satellite named Black Knight. It seems like has been there some 13,000years

Lost ya bro. Is this something that shows that eye-witness testimonies will no longer have variations/differences in recollections and interpretations, once the subjects/ persons are hypnotized ? If so, got a link ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Lost ya bro. Is this something that shows that eye-witness testimonies will no longer have variations/differences in recollections and interpretations, once the subjects/ persons are hypnotized ? If so, got a link ?

Why don't you go find the link. I found it quickly..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions