Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Dowsing rod frame

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    760 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Dowsing rod frame

Darke, in response to your question in another thread... here is the frame I designed & built:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jig1.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	1668776

The motivation for this was discussions on the old TNet dowsing/LRL forum (this was ~2004/2005) , where many people insisted that the reason the rods cross was because of some kind of target field, and not because the user slightly tilted their hands inward and caused the rods to cross. So I built a simple frame that clamps the rod handles parallel to each other, not allowing the user to tilt them inward, whether purposefully or not.

If you then hold the rods normally, with maybe a few degrees of forward tilt, and dowse in a normal manner then the rods will never cross. Ergo there is not a target field that, alone, causes them to cross, or they would still do so.

I suggested to Art that he try this, and he did. But he said the rods would still cross. Then he posted a short video clip which explained why... he was wildly gyrating the whole thing all over the place so, sure, the rods were flailing and flapping around. To Art, this meant that the frame test was a fail.
    Darke and Tom_in_CA like this.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    145 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks, simple but effective. Any reflex or motor response while holding them normally would force them to rotate in the same direction. You'd have to move them like a yoke to get them to cross without an outside influence which would be obvious. Is the video still around?

Since I build mostly rotating rods I just used my bike work stand and leveled the rod. The people that were there weren't deterred the rod wouldn't move unless they shook the stand. Some of the theories were they clamp interfered with the signal, you couldn't contact enough of the rod to generate energy or I put fake items in the bait/witness chamber. Mostly they thought I was messing with them because of course the rods work perfectly for them.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    760 times
    I designed the frame so that the rod handles still made full contact with the hands, exactly the same as they would without the frame. The frame is made of non-conductive wood.

If Art posted the video on the old TNet forum, then I don't have it and Art would have to re-post it. Back then Art & I had a bit more cordial relationship and exchanged emails occasionally, but I don't see a video in the emails I found.

Here is a trick for single rod dowsing devices:

Name:	balanced_lrl.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	1668801

This is a counter-balance, made completely of wood so as to not affect the *ahem* "fields" and attached with zip ties. Slide until the whole thing is perfectly balanced. At this point, the dowsing response vanishes, showing that gravity is needed to effect movement.

These experiments demonstrate what is probably obvious to you, but many dowsers insist the rods move on their own, not because of gravity (and some will say the rods can even defy gravity) and not because of wrist action. And, in their defense, when you feel a real dowsing response it does feel downright eerie. But it's all self-inflicted, it's all in the head.

Back in the ol' days of TNet, the Dowsing/LRL forum was more of a wild west and the denizens had a lot thicker skin than they do now. Sure, people sometimes got rude and annoying. But the information exchanged was WAY WAY more useful than it is now, we used to discuss and debate all sorts of good stuff. The Wayback Machine has a tiny bit of it saved but the vast majority got flushed. Now it's just a bunch of guys nodding their heads in unison, and drawing circles on maps.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    145 times
    Metal Detecting
    The frame was a great idea considering the L-Rods are the most common dowsing rods. I think I'll steal your counterbalance idea. The rods are pretty well balanced but that would compensate for the antenna being extended. I'd have to do a barrel clamp for the smaller rods since the front and rear are different sizes.

Name:	Type1 001.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	500.5 KB 
ID:	1668826

I'm always open to new ways to experiment with dowsing or metaphysics in general. Although they're pretty mundane compared to some of the things I've been through with new agers, wiccans and the paranormal guys lol. Sometimes it makes it you second guess yourself.

I was member back then but didn't visit the dowsing forum. Mainly came to see what metal detectors everyone was using. I didn't mess with dowsing for quite a while after my father died. I started playing around a bit again a few years later and then my health went bad so I sold off all his rods and his correspondence with Carl Anderson(which sold for more than the rods). That's where Spar came in. He couldn't afford the rods so I designed and built him one instead.

I noticed there's not even really a discussion about dowsing technique or rod building let alone critique now. Just here's what I found and here's a map...where do I dig? Must of been a lot more fun back then.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9651 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darke View Post
    .... let alone critique now. ....
    ..... *ahem* ....
    Darke likes this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    1053 times
    Sorry Carl, I designed the frame. No matter how you move your hands the rods will not cross unless you have a target. I a also sorry that they now teach Ideomotor response to Policemen. It seem that it is very helpful when driving. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWi...jFdLnCNlsLaGPQ
    Last edited by aarthrj3811; Jan 08, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    145 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by aarthrj3811 View Post
    Sorry Carl, I designed the frame. No matter how you move your hands the rods will not cross unless you have a target. I a also sorry that they now teach Ideomotor response to Policemen. It seem that it is very helpful when driving. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWi...jFdLnCNlsLaGPQ
    I didn't see the video with the frame, do you still have it? I'd like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    ..... *ahem* ....
    Hunting for badger?

elh

Aug 2015
    473 times
    I didn't see the video with the frame, do you still have it? I'd like to see it.

Hunting for badger?
    Possum huntin'.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9651 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... Hunting for badger?
    No more than the one I was quoting (you). Or the word "ahem" I quoted (Carl). I will be held to the same standards. Which is only fair. Thus .... it's all good.

To say (in effect) "ditto", is ... not badgering. Any-more-than the person you said "ditto" to.
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Jan 08, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    145 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    No more than the one I was quoting (you). Or the word "ahem" I quoted (Carl). I will be held to the same standards. Which is only fair. Thus .... it's all good.

To say (in effect) "ditto", is ... not badgering. Any-more-than the person you said "ditto" to.
    I agree. Sounds fair to me. My line was meant to be read sarcastically.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9651 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    I agree. Sounds fair to me.....
    thanx.

us
    Nov 2011
    638 times
    I wonder if Carl can make one of those frames for a pendulum? That way it won't give false responses.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1053 times
    Sorry about that. No movie bu photo of me holding it

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    145 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by aarthrj3811 View Post
    Sorry about that. No movie bu photo of me holding it
    Ahhh no worries then. I was just curious.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1053 times
    The frame was a great idea considering the L-Rods are the most common dowsing rods. I think I'll steal your counterbalance idea. The rods are pretty well balanced but that would compensate for the antenna being extended. I'd have to do a barrel clamp for the smaller rods since the front and rear are different sizes.
    Carl's photo's at good enough to make either one of them. I hope some you will make them. I am pretty good with a LRL with swivel handles..Art

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links