Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, somebody got frustrated because they couldn't pinpoint the exact spot with their L-rods. They must have thrown down the rods and left for home. Then another person comes along using a gold detctor, first beeps the dowsing rods. Then same spot the L-rods landed, produced all the gold nuggets.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty funny. I often tell the guys who pretend to photograph gold auras, they'll get the exact same results when photographing dog turds. Discriminating between gold & dog turds is the tricky part. Probably the same issue with dowsing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
That's pretty funny. I often tell the guys who pretend to photograph gold auras, they'll get the exact same results when photographing dog turds. Discriminating between gold & dog turds is the tricky part. Probably the same issue with dowsing.

Only problem is no one told the gold nugget not to respond to my rods. Every one talks about
finding gold nuggets. They are very rear...Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, Don who was the first Minelab distributor in Brazil, is on the same forum. Look at the gold nugget cache he found a several weeks ago. It wasn't a dowsing find, but I suggested trying tree roots of fallen trees. He found 3 tree stumps together around abandoned buildings, just down the road from where leaves home and passed by for the last 20 years. I'll tell you, this even surprised me when he posted the pics (from his thread sharing finds, Brazil). Of course, knowing Don, he was probably thanking the "gods of gold".

Attachments

• DonGoldCache.jpg
    DonGoldCache.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DonGoldCache-1.jpg
    DonGoldCache-1.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DonGoldCache-1B.jpg
    DonGoldCache-1B.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only problem is no one told the gold nugget not to respond to my rods. Every one talks about
finding gold nuggets. They are very rear...Art
I get the same story from all over the prospecting communities... gold is getting really hard to find anywhere.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, somebody got frustrated because they couldn't pinpoint the exact spot with their L-rods. They must have thrown down the rods and left for home. Then another person comes along using a gold detctor, first beeps the dowsing rods. Then same spot the L-rods landed, produced all the gold nuggets.
Kinda thinking along the lines of he set his stuff down & got chased off by a coyote (either two or four legged) and just kept on going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions