Carl Anderson '70's Dowsing Equiptment and Literature!

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my Carl Anderson (I think a) The Precision-Master Rod.
What I'm looking for is the following: Carl Anderson Mineral Dowsing Rod Catalog & Instructions.

What I have is the 3 round plastic bases and 3 mini L rods that fit in the hole in the center of the base. I remember that these were for Map Dowsing, but at 68 the rest Escapes Me. Probably forgot because of Lack of Use. U'hum RIGHT!!! Old Age doesn't have anything to do with it!!

My Dad (passed in '94) saved these and I found them again and am trying to learn to use them again.

This is a picture of what I have and the literature I found on Ebay but the guy had sold it already.
My Case is Real Leather not the Faux Leather in the Picture.

Attachments

• carl-anderson-mineral-rod.jpg
    carl-anderson-mineral-rod.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 390
  • Carl Anderson vintage-dowsing-rod-metal-detector.jpg
    Carl Anderson vintage-dowsing-rod-metal-detector.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 365

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simmons Scientific

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the newer rod instructions handy if you want those. I scanned the older ones too but can't find them at the moment.

OP
OP
Lost_Adams

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drake, that would be great, just pm them to me at my email.
I'll try the Simmons Scientific signal_line, thanks.
Thanks Guys.
Sincerely
Bill "Lost Adams"

I checked Simmons Sci and he only had a Generic Correspondence Course and a Book. Nothing for the Carl Anderson specific stuff.

AGAIN does anyone know what the 3 round plastic disks and L-rods are for or how to use them??

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can prob just email Russ Simmons to get the sheet that the rod came with. What plastic disks? mini L-Rods?
Can you post a pic of that?
Jon

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simmons took over Carl Anderson's business. You need to contact him.

Without a photo kinda hard to imagine what you are talking about. But I saw a photo of some discs with a bent wire (different lengths) that was placed on a map being dowsed. Don't know how to use them but think they were to judge the target depth. If you know the Bishop's rule then i can imagine the length of the wire might correspond to the radius used to estimate target depth. But this is total speculation.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
Wrong

Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!
Gee I have chased a few geese and shot at a few snipes. I see nothing in common with those and Dowsing

Without a photo kinda hard to imagine what you are talking about. But I saw a photo of some discs with a bent wire (different lengths) that was placed on a map being dowsed. Don't know how to use them but think they were to judge the target depth. If you know the Bishop's rule then i can imagine the length of the wire might correspond to the radius used to estimate target depth. But this is total speculation.
Yes it is just your way of thinking

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simmons took over Carl Anderson's business. You need to contact him.

Sam (Lobo) Wolf had round clear plastic disc's About 1.5'' tall with wires and they were to judge depth. ( If I
remember correctly. That was late 70's or early 80's )
Art Flowers has the best system to get depth. His forum name is - aarthrj3811 -

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I just remembered this also. Sam "Lobo" Wolfe is where I saw the photo. I think he was selling them back in the 1970's. But no explanation other than used for depthing. Also think I saw them on a video of Al Rossmiller but again, no explanation. Seems like they had different length arms. What i recall one was setting on the map that was being dowsed. So to me that would mean you check the short-armed one first to see if you get a response, then go with the next longer one, etc. until you no longer get a response. Now how deep each one is would probably be up to you how you set the scale--1 foot, 10 feet, 100 feet, whatever you decide for that dowse. Lobo would swing the rod over the map and see if he got a lock-on, but others use a pendulum. He also said you could pick any object as the lock-on indicator. Like if you ask a question you can think the doorknob or ashtray as the lock-on indicator. If the rod locks when you sweep past it then the answer is "Yes".

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys never explained that this is psychic/ESP stuff and that means it is not nearly as reliable or accurate as physical dowsing (which is not all that reliable in the first place). The Bishop's rule where you walk away from the hot spot until you get a response, then measure back for how deep the target is--this is physical dowsing and much more reliable this way than the psychic mentally counting how deep it is or any map work or those discs.

They should have known because they all copied off Christopher Hills "Supersensonics". He talked about this exact subject and even said his book did not cover this. Lobo mentions this book in his writings and gave it highest praise. Can't recall his exact words but something like "nothing short of magnificent". Lobo did say there were only a handful of real map dowsers and they all walked close to God, so i guess he knew and was probably referring to the likes of Abbe Mermet.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam Lobo Wolfe went all over the country teaching map dowsing. People would write him letters saying they did their map dowsing but when they went to the place there was nothing there. One of his replies was unless you know what you are doing your chances are about one in ten-thousand of finding anything other than a mineral pocket. There aren't any shortcuts--it takes years of daily practice with feedback and learning some form of meditation to achieve a Zen-like state.

I don't understand why people get so obstinate when i say these are the essentials if you want to learn. I've read most of Lobo's stuff and I suggest anyone wishing to learn do the same. He published a monthly magazine that was filled with great info. He was Catholic and i realize some people are against that same way i am against the pagan dowsing stuff.

This meditation pretty much same thing as prayer. I was reading a book talked about holiness and how most people don't think that is ever possible. He called that the greatest lie people tell themselves. He said you're not just going to jump into it, but if you start out with what he called holy moments--little bits at a time--that's how you work up to it.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lobo talked about it--treasure dowsing is a bad way to learn. It's basically greed-motivated and that is not compatible. He recommended to get a rusty old can and practice locating it. Something unimportant so you are not stressing on it. It's all part of staying out of it and that's why the Zen-like state is essential.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People told Lobo, "But we don't have any minerals around here." Lobo said, "If you have plants then you have mineral pockets. Any time it rains the minerals are washed down into the low spots and accumulate. That means mineral pocket are just about everywhere." So read up on what has to say.

OP
OP
Lost_Adams

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector, here are the pics.

as you can see the plastic allows you to see what is on the map or picture.

ALL Right Guys Please Keep this thread Civil. I'm not interested in your Religious Beliefs or whether you believe in this or not. Try and keep Positive so we can Learn and Encourage each other.
Thank You
icon_thumleft.gif

Sincerely
Bill "Lost Adams"

Attachments

• Carl Anderson disks .jpg
    Carl Anderson disks .jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 103

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are not the same as what I have seen--the arms are way longer. Can't tell but looks like they are different heights. Like maybe shallow, medium, very deep? Like with all the psychic stuff you have to assign a value and/or unit of measure to it--your own mental yardstick.

Yes, it's up to you how you perceive things. Work of the devil or hand of God. "He who is not with me is against me..."I had a neighbor threaten me with physical harm for using my L-rods in my own back yard. Said it was witching--the work of the devil. Make my day, buddy! LOL

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as you can see the plastic allows you to see what is on the map or picture.

ALL Right Guys Please Keep this thread Civil. I'm not interested in your Religious Beliefs or whether you believe in this or not. Try and keep Positive so we can Learn and Encourage each other.
Thank You
icon_thumleft.gif

Sincerely
Bill "Lost Adams"
Good picture Adam, those are exactly like mine. I still have them but never used them. If you wish to know depth I think you will be more accurate with Art's way. I had the Anderson Antennae rod but no longer have it. It would lock on gold or silver BUT it would also lock on pieces of iron, tin cans and micro minerals. I use something better now.
Go out in your yard and bury a silver plated spoon or fork, hold another in your other hand, ( left, if you hold rod in right hand) and practice on that. DO NOT try to concentrate on it. Think of something entirely different if possible. Another thing
is if you THINK that a treasure is in a certain spot, guess what? that rod will point to it every time. In other words you have just planted a treasure with the mind. Sam Wolf proved it in class. He took the class outside and had each one to locate the treasure he planted with his mind, which was across a lake near a large tree. Each one could either locate it or hit very close to it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, one of the hardest things to learn is working on a known target. Some days there is no attraction. Being able to discern this, well, you're on your way--above the sophomore (wise fool).

Lobo's discs look like all three the same size but shorter horizontal arms. The pouch on the left looks like a Lobo pouch.

Lobo discs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lost_Adams

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, Thank You So Very Much for the info.
I didn't know about Sam's tests on "Planting a Target with your Mind". I never heard about Sam Wolf!

signal_line would it be possible to get a copy of the Literature in your Pic??

I'll have to research him some more. Any suggestions on links or books?

I sent off for the free DVD on Dr. Paul H. Smith's 2 DVD set on "Technical Dowsing".
After watching it and All the Videos on YouTube I could find, I was considering buying the DVD set for $135.00,
So I asked yesterday if I should buy it and my "Intuition said No".
Today I checked if the answer was the same and my Pendulum said NO also.
So I figure I've received my answer. I don't know if I am past the material in the disks or ????.

I have downloaded the "Letter from Robin" at the American Dowsers Society site and the Louis Matacia Military handbooks
www.opm.bz/magazine/matacialouis/solutions.../Solutions-Through-Dowsing.pdf
https://lettertorobin.wordpress.com/
and have been practicing Dowsing the Suite Color of 3 cards with my Pendulum. This is eiser than using pennies or other things. I also bought a Scrabble board game at my St. Vincent de Paul store. It has Letters and Numbers on the tiles so could be used to dowse for words or numeric values, ie. GPS Coordinates or Distance or Depth.

Sincerley
Bill "Lost Adams"

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, i'm really surprised my posts haven't been deleted yet. Seems like every time I post any info somebody raises a stink and wants it deleted.

OP
OP
Lost_Adams

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, the Wire Rods are removable from the plastic discs. you can put them in either length.
That's why I need the Instruction Sheet for them.

I think that we are taping into and information source of some sort like Ingo Swann talks about.
Paul Smith has two courses on his website one is for Remote Viewing and the other is for Technical Dowsing. The remote viewing needs a Coordinate and then you View the Layout and other stuff there. The Technical Dowsing gives you the Coordinate when you Know What you are looking for.
So RV == Coordinates Known Seeking Contents of Site ie whats there.
TD == Contents of Site Known Seeking the Coordinates where it at.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread