Don't give away your treasure site to anyone

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at this dowsing since the late 1970's. That's forty years. never even heard of one verifiable psychic (map dowsing) find. Some claim they found water. It's everywhere. Don't be a fool and give away your treasure site that might be a once in a lifetime deal. Don't do it. If anybody could do it they would be on the headlines of every newspaper in the world. Some day soon there will be electronic equipment that can find it. You'll know it when that day comes and you won't have to risk someone else legal issues, claims to it, you name it.

it's like this Forrest Fenn Chase. How come no map dowser has found it? There is so much info about it and about the guy who hid it. Nothing. I realize some people really believe they have some gift, so why aren't they out there raking it in? Don't give away yours.

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Like you, I too, have been dowsing and coin shooting for years. I have also dowsed many sites, including map dowsing many sites, mostly for friends. I have found many interesting things over the years and I have even dowsed many map sites for friends on this site, but I haven't received any conformation about whether or not their object of interest was ever located. Others I have personally dowsed for indeed find their treasure, not always what was expected, but what was located. None that I am aware of ever became rich, mostly because their treasures were local and not many large treasures probably exist in our area. I have map dowsed for several large famous treasure sites but family time and work schedules always seemed to prevent me having the necessary time to spend doing an on foot ground search. It is hard to say whether my map dowse was accurate without the follow up ground search. no that I am retired, it seems I have the time but not the stamina or drive I once had. I suppose my priorities have changed as well. What's important now, more that ever, is spending more time with my wife and family., After all what treasure is more important than that?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
it's like this Forrest Fenn Chase. How come no map dowser has found it? There is so much info about it and about the guy who hid it. Nothing. I realize some people really believe they have some gift, so why aren't they out there raking it in? Don't give away yours.
Gee Mike. The Fenn
thing may not be of interest to some people. They may have dowsed the maps and found that to spend money on that hunt would be throwing it away

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There could be lots of people who dowsed this treasure, BUT don't have the money to go do the field work to check it out.
How many of us have Done the Research on a site and have got everything Ready and are just waiting on the TIME or Money to GO!?!?
How many of you have found anything of significance with your metal detectors lately.
Right Now I'm looking at ground frozen for 3 weeks and 14" of snow with more to come.
Each Individual has Different circumstances and we all should Honor that persons Quest in what ever way they do it!!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Where
you live has a lot to do with what you look for, From where I live California is just over the hill. Some areas had a lot of Spainish and KGC activity and othere did not

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I've been at this dowsing since the late 1970's. That's forty years. never even heard of one verifiable psychic (map dowsing) find.
Are you talking about all the found treasures found and still in court and have been for twenty years

Some claim they found water. It's everywhere.
Try it ..You may like it. It is not everywhere

Don't be a fool and give away your treasure site that might be a once in a lifetime deal. Don't do it. If anybody could do it they would be on the headlines of every newspaper in the world. Some day soon there will be electronic equipment that can find it.
There are may devices that will find treasure. Learn to use them

You'll know it when that day comes and you won't have to risk someone else legal issues, claims to it, you name it.

I do that now. Keep your mouth shut and noone will ever know

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about all the found treasures found and still in court and have been for twenty years

Try it ..You may like it. It is not everywhere

There are may devices that will find treasure. Learn to use them

You'll know it when that day comes and you won't have to risk someone else legal issues, claims to it, you name it.

I do that now. Keep your mouth shut and noone will ever know

Best ifo to date Art. MOUTH = El Zippo.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
In the eastern part of the U.S., where I live, there are many lost treasures and treasure sites. The problem is that most of the land is privately owned and many people are skepticle or down rite paranoid of anyone searching for treasure or even metal detecting. It is hard to find some place to even coinshoot with a detector that has not been detected hundreds, if not thousands of times. I live near some of the oldest settled territory in the U.S. Some homes in my home town were built long before the civil war. The town where I live was burned down, not once, but twice during the civil war. Many legends exist of treasure buried before and during the civil war, but obtaining access to those sites is nearly impossible. I think most people believe if they give you permission to hunt their property, you will how up with a D8 dozer or large excavator. Most people around here cringe when asked to search their property. So what should be a couple hour search turns into an all day traveling and searching adventure. Good Luck. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That is a problem in most areas. Check to see if any government land in the area. Check to see if there is any Indian land in the area. If there is go and see if you can get permission to hunt. ..Art

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget we're in the instant gratification era now. A lot of people think dowsing is something like a metal detector, turn it on, wave it around and wha la! Treasure! As soon as you mention you have to put a little effort & learning into it they lose interest in the blink of an eye. Sure, you can pull a detector out of the box turn it on & find clads, but without practice that's all you'll find. Anything worthwhile is worth putting in the effort to learn.

To all the skeptics. Why do you come to us demanding proof etc.? Why is it you've never put in the effort to learn & prove / disprove it yourself? Don't you think people get a little put off by saying "Take all your work & knowledge and drop it in my lap without me doing anything".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions