dowsing find today

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While trying to locate nickel's in my yard today I found this button. Looks to be made of copper
and we know that nickel's have more copper than nickel, soo, not too bad. Rod hit within
12 inches, then locate pin point with Minelab Sovereign XS, the sweet sounding one. My home is within
150 yards of an older home that shows up on the 1940 topo map. Could be from a soldier who lived there after the war. This is the only military button I have seen with two holes to sew it on. Some have 4 holes, especially the plastic. Can anyone identify the years of this button? Thanks
elh DSCN1041.JPG

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, buttons aren't my area. Try putting it up on the what is it section without the dowsing reference to get some real help. You know if you reference dowsing Sheldon & Carl will turn it into a mess. Nice find BTW!

OP
OP
E

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Boogey, I might wait a day or two to see how it does here first. I try to get a little practice to be ready for Fall of year.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to crop and enlarge some, looks like an interesting find.

DSCN1041-button.jpg

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While trying to locate nickel's in my yard today I found this button. Looks to be made of copper
and we know that nickel's have more copper than nickel, soo, not too bad. Rod hit within
12 inches, then locate pin point with Minelab Sovereign XS, the sweet sounding one. My home is within
150 yards of an older home that shows up on the 1940 topo map. Could be from a soldier who lived there after the war. This is the only military button I have seen with two holes to sew it on. Some have 4 holes, especially the plastic. Can anyone identify the years of this button? Thanks
elh View attachment 1716574
Awesome!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks Red for the crop job. I could not get it to do that good.
AND, thanks to Jon. Dowsing still works
You're welcome!
And yes dowsing always will :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread