a positive dowsing experience i had tonight

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first the disclaimer, i have no previous experience with dowsing in any form.

tonight i needed to find my personal hand held radio, i had bought it to use on my job, but never needed to use it, in fact i had not seen it for a long time, i had no clue where it could be, being the smart husband that i am, i went straight to my wife, if anyone could find it, she could. after more than a couple hours of searching the apartment, she could not find it. not knowing what else to, i figured this would be a good "field test" of the two dowsing rods i had made, their form was based on youtube video's i had watched as to get a general idea of what they should look like. twin dowsing rods in hand, i went back to the computer room to start my search.

following instructions from the video's i asked simple questions to the rods, "what do they do for yes, what do they do for a no answer" i concentrated on the radio i was looking for, i asked the rods if the radio was in the room, the rods crossed. i asked the rods to show me where the radio was, they both pointed in the direction of the dresser next to the computer desk. i asked if the radio was in one of the 4 drawers on the dresser, the rods crossed. i started looking in the top drawer, nothing.. i looked in the 2nd drawer.......there was my radio, i went in showed my wife the radio, she asked where i found it, i told her that my dowsing rods showed me where it was......i cannot explain the look she gave me, when i told her that. i explained that my dowsing rods showed me where the radio was, and that was where i had found it, she said she had looked through those 4 drawers several times for each one, i told her to look up dowsing rods on youtube, then she would understand what i was talking about.

so now i have my radio, thanks to my twin dowsing rods. needless to say, they will be going with me, next time i go out to the claim :laughing7:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have any idea, or have you even thought about, what an impossible occurrence your described event is? An absolute impossibility. Period. Pure fantasy. Make believe. Made up. Self deluding.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KG , impossible for you as you don't believe in dowsing so you think you can come here and call people names . dowsing has been used for centuries to find many things . if YOU don't believe it works your right...IT WON'T WORK FOR YOU....EVER , but that doesn't mean it doesn't work it's just something YOU can't do.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KG , impossible for you as you don't believe in dowsing so you think you can come here and call people names . dowsing has been used for centuries to find many things . if YOU don't believe it works your right...IT WON'T WORK FOR YOU....EVER , but that doesn't mean it doesn't work it's just something YOU can't do.

I did not call anyone a name. I did not "come here" as you say, I was perusing the Active Topics. What the OP stated he did, I don't doubt. That he stated he talks to his dowsing rods and tells them what to do, I also believe. What is utter nonsense, is his stated claim that his rods perked right up, answered his questions, and pointed him to his requested items. It has nothing to do with what I can't do. It has everything to do with separating reality from fantasy. And also playing fast and loose with the truth, which you dowser fantasy game players seem free and willing to do here. Also, I am skirting the real issue here, which must remain unspoken.

In my opinion, this topic retracts from the legitimacy of this site. You all get so excited when someone calls you on your armchair fantasies, that y'all state as fact. If you post fiction, sometimes I feel compelled to comment.

Every one of you, who are so rabid in defending your made up stories, should be filthy rich, loaded down in gold and jewels and whatever else you wish you could find. But you're not, are you? That alone supports my position.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tonight i needed to find my personal hand held radio, i had bought it to use on my job, but never needed to use it, in fact i had not seen it for a long time, i had no clue where it could be, being the smart husband that i am, i went straight to my wife, if anyone could find it, she could. after more than a couple hours of searching the apartment, she could not find it. not knowing what else to, i figured this would be a good "field test" of the two dowsing rods i had made, their form was based on youtube video's i had watched as to get a general idea of what they should look like. twin dowsing rods in hand, i went back to the computer room to start my search.

following instructions from the video's i asked simple questions to the rods, "what do they do for yes, what do they do for a no answer" i concentrated on the radio i was looking for, i asked the rods if the radio was in the room, the rods crossed. i asked the rods to show me where the radio was, they both pointed in the direction of the dresser next to the computer desk. i asked if the radio was in one of the 4 drawers on the dresser, the rods crossed. i started looking in the top drawer, nothing.. i looked in the 2nd drawer.......there was my radio, i went in showed my wife the radio, she asked where i found it, i told her that my dowsing rods showed me where it was......i cannot explain the look she gave me, when i told her that. i explained that my dowsing rods showed me where the radio was, and that was where i had found it, she said she had looked through those 4 drawers several times for each one, i told her to look up dowsing rods on youtube, then she would understand what i was talking about.

so now i have my radio, thanks to my twin dowsing rods. needless to say, they will be going with me, next time i go out to the claim :laughing7:
Good job Zem. keep on practicing and don't pay attention to the doubters.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks, i did not realize this would be such a trigger topic for some.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray, this is the dousing forum, if you dont believe in dousing that is your right but do not attack members who do and do not accuse members of making up stories.

Demetrius, you are fine, this is the dousing forum.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think at times I've felt it would be better talking to my rods about dowsing than discussing it with certain people.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the video made by a British College was still on YouTube, about their study of dowsing and conclusions as to how it works. They do seem to still have the video but not on YouTube. The scientific conclusion as to how dowsing responses come about, is by involuntary muscle movements. Of course, intuition or subconscious sensitivity is an important part of it, but actual responses are the physical involuntary reaction. If dowsing responses do not exist, the college never could have studied them.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, there is more than muscle movement and that is energy. I have tried balancing 1 rod at the bend, on 1 extended finger. The bend of the rod is above where the hand normall would grip, no handles on any of them. I do wrap copper wire below the gripping part.At first tried making it move by walking around and stopping. My hand with rod on finger was held still during the walking experiment. So, had a silver Spanish coin which came from a treasure chest in New Orleans. Coin covered fro sight, pointed with the other rod until probably near or over coin. The rod resting on my finger at the bend began moving. I tried standing perfectly still but every time pointing near the coin holding other rod it started swinging back and forth. Twice it actually fell off my finger, as I stood there amazed. There is involuntary muscle movements and also the influence of energy. During the walking around test, the rod balanced perfectly still without ever moving.

L-rods-copper1.png

L-rods-copper2.png

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat it! And don't let it slow you down. You know you must be doing something right if you caught Kray and a few others attention. Look at post #3 that's the quality of what the skeptics throw up. How can you call that credible? Sounds like all you need is some practice and you should do well. Don't worry about asking questions or for help.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, there is more than muscle movement and that is energy. I have tried balancing 1 rod at the bend, on 1 extended finger. The bend of the rod is above where the hand normall would grip, no handles on any of them. I do wrap copper wire below the gripping part.At first tried making it move by walking around and stopping. My hand with rod on finger was held still during the walking experiment. So, had a silver Spanish coin which came from a treasure chest in New Orleans. Coin covered fro sight, pointed with the other rod until probably near or over coin. The rod resting on my finger at the bend began moving. I tried standing perfectly still but every time pointing near the coin holding other rod it started swinging back and forth. Twice it actually fell off my finger, as I stood there amazed. There is involuntary muscle movements and also the influence of energy. During the walking around test, the rod balanced perfectly still without ever moving.

View attachment 1729524

View attachment 1729525
I've wondered if where the muscle movement thing comes from is a lack of words or terms to explain the electric or other forces. Might explain a lot of the skeptics. Think back in the "caveman" days something like fire scared the bejeebers out of them until they figured out how many things fire could be used for.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Job zemetrius!
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How have you been Jon? Really enjoyed reading your ring finds for people, especially the ones this year.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How have you been Jon? Really enjoyed reading your ring finds for people, especially the ones this year.
Hello Red_desert, I'm good, thank you! Just been keeping busy on some personal projects, getting ready to go underwater soon! How are you?
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fine, but too busy with things at home. :coffee2:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are good!
lol ok yes I forgot to mention that too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread