Dowsing Question by Newbie

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Newbie who is unsure of reliability of dowsing except feel comfortable with L rods regarding water and electricity. Was trying to search for source of rubies & sapphires in an area where I have found them in a stream. Wanted to find the source on land so I went to the area in woods by stream where I found them and attached a rough ruby to the handle of one of the L rods and proceeded to search for a vein and the L rods crossed in 3 places in different locations which lined up to give the impression that there were 3 different veins fairly close to one another.

After marking these I crossed the dirt road to the other side in the woods and in the same general area and the L rods really went to moving back and forth crossing and uncrossing in a rapid succession. QUESTION: Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know what this is indicating ? This just happened and I've not had time to prove or disprove the results.

Any help would be appreciated.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie who is unsure of reliability of dowsing except feel comfortable with L rods regarding water and electricity. Was trying to search for source of rubies & sapphires in an area where I have found them in a stream. Wanted to find the source on land so I went to the area in woods by stream where I found them and attached a rough ruby to the handle of one of the L rods and proceeded to search for a vein and the L rods crossed in 3 places in different locations which lined up to give the impression that there were 3 different veins fairly close to one another.

After marking these I crossed the dirt road to the other side in the woods and in the same general area and the L rods really went to moving back and forth crossing and uncrossing in a rapid succession. QUESTION: Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know what this is indicating ? This just happened and I've not had time to prove or disprove the results.

Any help would be appreciated.
Buckshot, I found a spot once in the 1980's that the rods would do exactly what you are experiencing. I followed a straight line as the rods closed and opened several times in about 50 to 60 feet.
Using my fisher Gemini 2 two box on metal did nothing, then switching to minerals it indicated something at those spots.
THAT is what I call micro minerals, too small to see but they are tough.
Just be sure to check those places with your digging tool. If you find nothing you can mark it as experience.
Come back again and let folks know how it turned out.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find anything/everything by Sam "Lobo" Wolfe read it between each practice session. What you are talking about is the bane/curse of nearly every dowser. Everybody thinks because they get a response that they are some kind of dowsing expert.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how you didn't reply with a "Thank you" I kinda suspect you thought my post was derogatory. I wasn't referring to you about claiming to be an expert. And i ain't naming no names. LOL You do have to be careful about accepting much of the internet advice--the blind leading the blind. You learn bad habits that are hard to correct.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buckshot, I have a friend in Canada that when he was using his rods one day, they began spinning around and around.
For a while he did not know what was causing the peculiar action, BUT, later on he discovered that he was
standing directly under the power line to his home and a stream of water to his well. That is second person that I know of that
happening to.

Keep on practicing on known targets, keep you mind clear, that is, do not THINK on a target because if you imagine
a target to be there, the rods will say yes.... That is the power of the mind. Think on something pleasant while
you dowse for whatever you are searching for.
I took Sam Wolf's class in about 81 or 82, and he taught folks to concentrate on the thing sought for. Then he went outside and with his MIND, planted a target across a lake near a tree. Then he brought the class outside and the pupils could hit his target. MIND POWER can place you in many empty holes.
Great weekend to you and much fun.
:coffee2::coffee2:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1970's Lobo traveled the country teaching dowsing classes and published a magazine called "United Dowsers", just packed full of info.

http://tucsondowsers.net/resources/

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I know people can't understand why you would want to practice with a rusty tin can.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I might mention Lobo, a Roman Catholic, said he knew of only a handful of real map dowsers in the world and they all walked close to God.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have found that the best rods are made from radio antennas, I do not know why that is, but I have had some luck dowsing various sites, I was at a park and was getting indications about every ten feet or so, regardless of which direction, found out later, I was dowsing an old church cemetery that had been made into a park, makes me wonder if the bodies are still there.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what people say, there are no shortcuts. Practice every day for twenty-five years and you still may not be a good dowser. Sapphires in a creek--that's like quartz sand. You got a lot of work ahead of you. Make it fun and interesting.

OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks to all for the info, went back to area yesterday and dug two holes, one about 3 ft deep and another about 4-5 ft deep nothing exciting but that is only two holes in a pretty big area that I was experiencing this reaction with the L rods. If anything exciting or worth mentioning turns up will certainly share with you.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lobo knew his stuff. Read his articles, practice, then read again, etc. until you are sick of reading. The main thing with dowsing is once you know what you are after, don't think about it, just put it in God's hands. When the desire of the conscious mind interferes, you have have no chance of success. That takes a lot of practice and most people never get that.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only use one rod. I would hold the rod out to my side (90 degrees so the rod is pointing at the creek) and walk along the creek until you get a response. Just stay loose and look straight ahead. You'll know when the rod responds. Keep rod tip pointed down a little bit (1-2 inches) to keep it from swinging all over the place.

Last edited:

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How you doing? Well (or at least better) I hope. Your advice above has been iterated for decades now, and I suppose that's because the driving force of any returned dowsing response is still an ideomotor response. Isn't it interesting... Most all rational technology has advanced by leaps and bounds - yet LRLs are still controlled (or restricted by) the age-old ideomotor response.

On a different note... was saddened to hear of the recent passing of Dell. Glad Carl got to see him before the end.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't the LRL page, but...

This has been beat to death over and over for at least the last twenty-three years I've been on the forums. I posted some articles about Colin Kaey Geophysical Electrophonics about how things like pine needles, aluminum foil, eyeglasses, even thin wire (read L-rods), etc. can act as a transducer of VLF signals into the audible spectrum. I would assume in many cases this might be below the threshold of consciousness so being able to access the subconscious is darned near essential here. Of course the electronic receiver/transmitter takes the place of the subconscious.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idiomotor has very little to do with dowsing. Take for example a solid handle rod (no bearings or swivel). People that use these know full well they can feel the force trying to align the rod with the target like a weathervane. When using a rod with bearings or bushings, the alignment sensation is much reduced but it's still there. That's why i say you ALLOW the rod to align with the target.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the single rod method, it can get complicated if you don't try first, before figuring out using your head. Link here attempts to illustrate the point.

Last edited:

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idiomotor has very little to do with dowsing. Take for example a solid handle rod (no bearings or swivel). People that use these know full well they can feel the force trying to align the rod with the target like a weathervane. When using a rod with bearings or bushings, the alignment sensation is much reduced but it's still there. That's why i say you ALLOW the rod to align with the target.

If the ideomotor response has very little or nothing to do with dowsing and the operation of LRLs, I expect you have some demonstrable evidence to support your assertion. What would that evidence be; or conversely how did you arrive at your conclusion. (.....wow Mike, all these years and still NO evidence.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread