Map Dowsing Request / short story that made me a believer

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I will admit I was skeptical of dowsing in the past however, my father, as amazing as he is has made me a believer. I have never known that he could dowse however, we were installing new sprinklers at my house a few weeks ago and I forgot to call the utility locators. I knew the rough path my phone line took and it ran right across where a couple lines needed to go. We started digging to find it and he told me to stop and let him try to find it. Next thing I knew, he was dowsing away and sure enough, his rods would cross, he would put a mark and directly below was the phone line. He did this every couple feet until we had it all dug up to run the lines. Anyway, that made me a believer that this actually CAN work with the right persons.

So onto my request. I have done a bit of research and have a very strong reason to believe that within the area of the picture below is a decent amount of something. I wont go into too much detail but I am hoping the dowser can confirm my suspicions. I have a fair suspicion of approximately where it is but I would love some input from others. This is about 6 hours away from me so I am hoping to gather as much information as I can before heading out there on my hunt. I can also provide closer images to pinpoint to once the location on the large scale map is provided.

Thanks in advance.

dowsing map.png

MERCURY & THE SUN

Nov 27, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter Deep Seeking VLF Metal Detector, L-rod, Pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are searching for the bones of dead hookers?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be some sites or cave/tunnels in there.

dowsing map-A.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green circle is archaeological, upper right area seems to have some type of either fossils or bones.

dowsing map-A2.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Not what I was expecting although the cave/tunnel part gives me some food for thought. Thank you for taking a look.
Wasn't quite finished (ran out of time yesterday), gold signals, check the one with the arrow.

dowsing map-B.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, a gold signal alone, isn't enough to indicate a cache, unless it is a crude smelted gold... only reason I marked it. The normal type of signal for a cache seems to be absent, but I keep checking for it.

Last edited:

Zippidy~Do~Daa

Aug 24, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, my son was just speaking to me about dowsing last night. He said that anyone can do it. That it has to do with what you are thinking. Something about the energy of your thoughts fallowing through to the dowsing rod/stick. I'm not sure how true that statement is, but it sure is an interesting concept.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, my son was just speaking to me about dowsing last night. He said that anyone can do it. That it has to do with what you are thinking. Something about the energy of your thoughts fallowing through to the dowsing rod/stick. I'm not sure how true that statement is, but it sure is an interesting concept.
I tell some people to practice over a septic tank, check for edges then inside. It is easier to verify if they are doing the right thing.

OP
OP
I

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing map 2.png

Here is a zoomed in section of that spot. Very curious to see what you come up with.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember map dowsing is not the same as on-site dowsing (on-site way more accurate). Huge difference in reliability and accuracy. Dell Winders said for map dowse whatever size map scale you have figure the target could be anywhere in a one inch radius (two inch diameter circle). So really you need to on-site dowse the area once you are there...if they got it right to start with. Typically you get five different map dowsers will get five different spots. So don't expect to go right to the exact spot.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember map dowsing is not the same as on-site dowsing (on-site way more accurate). Huge difference in reliability and accuracy. Dell Winders said for map dowse whatever size map scale you have figure the target could be anywhere in a one inch radius (two inch diameter circle). So really you need to on-site dowse the area once you are there...if they got it right to start with. Typically you get five different map dowsers will get five different spots. So don't expect to go right to the exact spot.
That is true, I have one old time shipwreck diver plus brother who work with me on maps. They also have used LRLs/frequency since, forgot the exact date but probably back when LRLs first began (30+ years?) Google Earth maps are hardly ever used, but photos taken from the boat gps on nautical charts. I know it must be hard to use LRLS with frequency over water. Then the process is repeated again and again. I check for signals, which are checked by their LRL techniques. Things will eventually begin to match up. I'm talking about old time treasure hunters, who no longer dive but in the past had such finds as a gold emerald ring on display in museums in other countries. The time has come for them to start surveying using their LRLS not being satisfied living a boring retired life. So. I'm checking maps for them, now has turned into mag surveys and making drops. I don't want to see them fade away like Dell Winders, helping with the nautical gps maps much as possible.

Last edited:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true, I have one old time shipwreck diver plus brother who work with me on maps. They also have used LRLs/frequency since, forgot the exact date but probably back when LRLs first began (30+ years?) Google Earth maps are hardly ever used, but photos taken from the boat gps on nautical charts. I know it must be hard to use LRLS with frequency over water. Then the process is repeated again and again. I check for signals, which are checked by their LRL techniques. Things will eventually begin to match up. I'm talking about old time treasure hunters, who no longer dive but in the past had such finds as a gold emerald ring on display in museums in other countries. The time has come for them to start surveying using their LRLS not being satisfied living a boring retired life. So. I'm checking maps for them, now has turned into mag surveys and making drops. I don't want to see them fade away like Dell Winders, helping with the nautical gps maps much as possible.

I've always been skeptical of dowsing but I want it to be true. There was a story awhile back in American Digger magazine of a guy who went out with his buddies who were skeptical and told them where to detect using dowsing and they found a gold and emerald Spanish cross on the beach. Cool story. I tried my own method: I did this thing called Qigong while looking at a historical aerial of a spot that I detect. I went and detected there with my friends and I had a great day at this spot. Might not be linked but who knows. I guess sometimes you have to have a good day right?! Any advice on how to get into dowsing?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure I posted some info from Sam "Lobo" Wolfe on the thread "Dowsing question form newbie". I don't want to repeat my mantra here. Also remember internet forums are full of misinformation. there are people around here who don't want you to learn and they are sneaky about it. Look for a dowsing club in your area. American Society of Dowsers has chapters.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always been skeptical of dowsing but I want it to be true. There was a story awhile back in American Digger magazine of a guy who went out with his buddies who were skeptical and told them where to detect using dowsing and they found a gold and emerald Spanish cross on the beach. Cool story. I tried my own method: I did this thing called Qigong while looking at a historical aerial of a spot that I detect. I went and detected there with my friends and I had a great day at this spot. Might not be linked but who knows. I guess sometimes you have to have a good day right?! Any advice on how to get into dowsing?
The Spanish gold emerald ring was on display in one of the two places which end in Rico. I forgot whether it is Costa Rico or Puerto Rico, why I'd said in another country. To figure out where is hard because both were in Central America and the Caribbean. Of coarse, the best treasure was his brother's wife he met while in Central America. Sure they found coins, but those are only money which can be very slow in converting to cash.

Do your home work, study up and it won't take you long to learn dowsing.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, another who map dowses on this forum, told me he believes the multiple hits are because a gold treasure is somewhere creating a mirror of signals. That might be, but often it can indicate there are some native gold deposits running through an area.

Dowsing map 2.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread