Dowsing

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I said "No way!" Now, I'm not so sure. The color red is said to block gold vibrations. You can read about color harmonics in Hills' book. I recall looking for gold a couple times and found a blue colored ribbon or paper wrapper at the spot. No gold though.

OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I said "No way!" Now, I'm not so sure. The color red is said to block gold vibrations. You can read about color harmonics in Hills' book. I recall looking for gold a couple times and found a blue colored ribbon or paper wrapper at the spot. No gold though.

I have been told that red blocks the gold and that’s why they used a red cloth back in the day
So the downer could find there treasure

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that map dowsing black and white maps or better then using color maps
Anything to that

I was in Sam Wolf's class in late 70's or early 80's and his teaching said it would and then he demonstrated it
for us. The red cloth in fact DID kill the signal of gold.

OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it would be better for someone dowsing a map on this site to be in black and white instead of color because of the red ink

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter unless you think it matters. Then it matters.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite so simple, Carl. Did you read about Turenne's work? That guy was awesome! He was the "Nikola Tesla" of the dowsing world.

Last edited:
N

NinjaT

I was in Sam Wolf's class in late 70's or early 80's and his teaching said it would and then he demonstrated it
for us. The red cloth in fact DID kill the signal of gold.

The thing is tho, I know a lot of people who located gold using satellite images from google earth. One of them even has a red and white roof. I was able to dowse the same locations he did on the ground which was under his house. With dowsing its so easy to get tricked in to believing something just enough and then it becomes an obstacle for you. Especially when there's a big time dowser teaching you that it is. Maybe he had fooled himself, then unknowingly fooled all the students also. It can get complicated

You really have to be careful about what you're reading, the advice from others you choose to absorb, the targets others claim are "really there" etc etc. Take all of it with a grain of salt.

You should dowse with the mentality that there are zero limitations. That anything is possible. Don't forget that you are locating gold by simply holding a swinging weight over a piece of paper in the first place.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read Hills' book.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is tho, I know a lot of people who located gold using satellite images from google earth. One of them even has a red and white roof. I was able to dowse the same locations he did on the ground which was under his house. With dowsing its so easy to get tricked in to believing something just enough and then it becomes an obstacle for you. Especially when there's a big time dowser teaching you that it is. Maybe he had fooled himself, then unknowingly fooled all the students also. It can get complicated

You really have to be careful about what you're reading, the advice from others you choose to absorb, the targets others claim are "really there" etc etc. Take all of it with a grain of salt.

You should dowse with the mentality that there are zero limitations. That anything is possible. Don't forget that you are locating gold by simply holding a swinging weight over a piece of paper in the first place.
Recently, oh it was some time during this summer, posted a map in here with his house roof. He told me he had already recovered a cache under the house. But you can't tell people, better to just have fun playing with the gold bars. I don't think roofs can be checked unless the view can be zoomed in close enough.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember a red roof someone had me check once, it was years ago and supposed to have been used by the Japanese.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The color red is good for blocking native gold in the ground map dowsing. It does not block information such as, whether a man made object (coins, relics) if the search is not gold specific. Thinking of the color gold, visualizing a gold cache in your mind while map dowing, tends to attract native gold responses more than gold objects. Red if used properly will filter gold but let object information pass on.

OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if I have a area that I would like to be checked what be the best way to get it done and would it be better to be black and white or will google map pic work

N

NinjaT

The color red is good for blocking native gold in the ground map dowsing. It does not block information such as, whether a man made object (coins, relics) if the search is not gold specific. Thinking of the color gold, visualizing a gold cache in your mind while map dowing, tends to attract native gold responses more than gold objects. Red if used properly will filter gold but let object information pass on.

Red, you said that "Thinking of the color gold, visualizing a gold cache in your mind while map dowing, tends to attract native gold responses more than gold objects."

That's very interesting. Are you willing to share with us what it is you hold in your mind while map dowsing for gold treasure specifically? Like if you were attempting to locate a cache of gold bars.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a one-only-method, but no I do not hold objects in my hand for map dowsing. I know there are those on this forum who map dowse that way. For pendulums I prefer smaller more pointed pendulums on a string rather than a chain. Of course I do have gemstone pendulums on a chain but hard to use if dowsing a GE map. Once someone sent me large topographic maps, those were easy for small pendulum on a string. Color is used by association or a bandwidth of possible targets, this is only by intent, that is the color I will mark certain types of signals after getting a response. During that time the search is limited only to the way I'm going to mark them For topographic maps, no color is used on the large scale maps (no color used). That only happened once they sent me large maps, after having done many GE maps over a period of time. On the large scale topos I used Xs, X/circle, X/box to identify targets but all marked in pen of the same color... probably was blue or black don't remember which one. This was a mining disstrict in Vancouver Island, BC and he got a minig claim filed.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have kept a file of general definitions for my associations, might not be good for somebody else (recently updated them making a few small changes). Here are the most important definitions, some are only a color sample from the object. Gold and silver were blue/orange, now only the natural color.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Gold coin colored markings (circles, rectangles, lines, arrows) for gold treasure or gold coins, bullion, nuggets.
Silver coin colored markings (circles, rectangles, lines, arrows) for silver treasure or silver coins, bullion, nuggets.
Platinum colored markings (circles, rectangles, lines, arrows) for platinum treasure or native platinum and nuggets.
Bronze color for bronze artifacts or coins.
Copper color for native copper deposits or copper artifacts, coins.
Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.
Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits.
Red outline circles for places to check metal detecting, for mostly loose coins/treasure or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.
Purple color for ancient religious sites or tombs, temples, and other ancient burial grounds.
White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
Lilac colored line box (or solid filled circles) for rough (uncut) crystals and gemstones, jewels (cut, polished or faceted), pearls.
Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).
Black is used to show danger, death traps, explosive devices, bombs, or live ammunition.
[/FONT]

N

NinjaT

But as far as any specific mental activity while searching for a gold treasure cache? I understand if that's something you'd like to keep secret but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are people who use a single L-rod to dowse a topo map. You want to see how complicated that can be watch video.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But as far as any specific mental activity while searching for a gold treasure cache? I understand if that's something you'd like to keep secret but I thought I'd give it a shot.
I first check to see if it could be loose coins/treasure objects, if I get a response as positive, probably not a cache. You need to check for native gold. It's a process of elimination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions