Dowsing now

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order for me to successfully Dowse, I need increased Sun Energy. Weather it's from a Corona hole increasing Solar wind, or a Sunspot group increasing flux, or best yet, the Sun shooting off Solar flares. A blank Sun during Solar minimum, dosen't help Dowsing.
We are between a roughly 11 year Solar cycle. Cycle 24 heading into 25. If we look on Spaceweather.com and count the spotless days, listed front page left side, we are now at 586 spotless days. Between the last Solar minimum 23/24, we had a total of 801 spotless days. It could be another 215 days before it only begins to wake up. Hopefully it wakes up soon and Cycle 25 gets under way. This is what I have to be patient for. It will come Cycle 25. Dowser

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not a dowser. I've read and skimmed some of the dowsing threads here. I've commented occasionally but my firm belief that the practice is hokum has taught me that I should refrain from discussing dowsing with the believers. The mods don't like dissenting opinions on the matter.

Anyway, all of the above is my long-winded way of saying that I don't recall sunspots being discussed as a prerequisite for successful dowsing activities. Is this a widely held belief or just your personal observation?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a dowser. I've read and skimmed some of the dowsing threads here. I've commented occasionally but my firm belief that the practice is hokum has taught me that I should refrain from discussing dowsing with the believers. The mods don't like dissenting opinions on the matter.

Anyway, all of the above is my long-winded way of saying that I don't recall sunspots being discussed as a prerequisite for successful dowsing activities. Is this a widely held belief or just your personal observation?

Yes I discuss this and Dowse by it. The Sun governs Dowsing. This last spring during Solar minimum the end of Cycle 24, the Sun was asleep. I couldn't Dowse. Solar flux was real low. The some rogue Sunspots popped up and started flaring off. March 20 to 23, Spaceweatherlive archive. Rare sunspot group, shot multiple flares a day. Yes, I was again able to successfully Dowse. Dowser

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you believe the sunspot activity and lack of it have a direct impact on your ability to dowse. But after skimming some other threads you've started, it doesn't appear to be a commonly held belief in the dowsing community here.

Thanks, and good luck to you.

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imho, its all in the person and their connective ability to perform the task at hand. This was a common practice of countless past generations. So much knowledge of this art is lost due to those generations not handing down said knowledge. Dowsing for buried treasure is not of my particular interest, but what doed interest me, is the ability to locate underground spring locations for fresh water wells, to set a homestead on. Im sure even the most experienced current dowsers, even scratch their heads and fill their mind with wonder and though on the practice as well

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you believe the sunspot activity and lack of it have a direct impact on your ability to dowse. But after skimming some other threads you've started, it doesn't appear to be a commonly held belief in the dowsing community here.

Thanks, and good luck to you.

Yes I most certainly believe. I started Dowsing during Solar cycle 23. It had a Solar flux that was 200 during that cycle. Flux is in the 60's right now. When i learned to Dowse power was so strong many people claimed they could dowse. Dowsing enhancement electronics were invented. At that time I assumed power was constant. I was wrong! As Solar flux diminished, when flares diminished, my Dowsing guit working. Then Solar cycle 24 came. It was much weaker than cycle 23. It ran a flux up to 140. I was able to obviously see by my Dowsing L-rod response, that power wasn't constant.The Sun is the key. Dowser

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a ton of dowsing books This is the ONLY place I have heard of calm conditions being detrimental to dowsing. Most everyone has said the exact opposite. If you have Abbe Mermet's book, he explains that often during times of intense sunshine the dowsing fades. He describes it as when moonlight hits the calm ocean there is just one reflection from a single source. But when the water is disturbed there are reflections everywhere and you can't make out where it's coming from. Another one Sam "Lobo" Wolfe. Just to paraphrase, There are times when you can't dowse due to solar magnetic activity. Of course Dell Winders said the same thing, when the earth's magnetic field is changing, don't waste your time, as does Bob Fitzgerald. These are just the ones off the top of my head, but certainly many others.

How this all got started, I don't know, but some guy who claimed to be from Australia is the first place i heard it. that might be the same guy who was pushing those calculators taped to a transistor radio antenna, I don't know. Probably as an excuse to buy more time from disgruntled customers. Or just some skeptic messing with people's minds. There's no question that some people don't want others to learn dowsing. For whatever reason, I don't know, maybe jealousy or envy. When you start believing superstition, things go downhill from there and you certainly limit yourself.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After several years dowsing and finding times when the L rod/rods will not work, ( I use only one rod now for hunting
money ), it became disappointing to say the least. Two rods can be used to find old barbed wire fences even if you see nothing with the eye. The detector can locate the rusted wire and staples to prove the fence was there at one time.
Back to the power ( I call it dowsing rays ), it can be on and off very fast at times. I have seen times when the rays would work as long as I could last, BUT, have seen times when the rays would be dead for a day, two days, and even a week.
After saying that little bit, I did read all that Del Winders said about the solar rays, plus others that I can't remember
at this time. I took Sam Wolf's dowsing class, Don Darnel's dowsing class and neither one of those two said anything about the rays NOT working.
I have made up my mind that each dowser will have some type of special hindrance of his or her thinking.
Keep the mind clear to prevent mentally causing the rod to turn. For instance, if you THINK a treasure is in a specific place,
your rod will say the same thing. SO, keep a clear mind and let the rod do what it is supposed to do without interference
of the ideomotor effect. I usually call it idiot motor. It will take over if you are not aware of it.
To know if the rays are working or not working at any specific time ( especially before driving several miles ) plant a garden of coins, or what ever you have on hand, brass, copper, gold, silver, cast iron, and dowse for that before leaving home.
Also just have fun with it.
:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dowsing I do or can not do is being constantly confirmed whenever I check. I never read any books on Dowsing. I don't understand people's confusion. It's really straight forward. If you know it or not. Use your Dowsing anomaly indicators, in my case L-rods, then Dowse toward and or over any metal objects or specific elements. The rods will most definitely, absolutely, indicate presence of the Element. Every time, eyes open or eyes closed. That's the way it is, when power is on. If that's the ongoing constant thing that is happening, then where is all the finds? That is how I've seen it in the past. When it's on, it's simple to tell. Right now nothing is signaling. Not my fridge, my stove, TV, Silver coins 30 lbs block of iron, ect, ect. Took 10 seconds for me to see. But it's off, been off. The sun is asleep.. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dowsing I do or can not do is being constantly confirmed whenever I check. I never read any books on Dowsing. I don't understand people's confusion. It's really straight forward. If you know it or not. Use your Dowsing anomaly indicators, in my case L-rods, then Dowse toward and or over any metal objects or specific elements. The rods will most definitely, absolutely, indicate presence of the Element. Every time, eyes open or eyes closed. That's the way it is, when power is on. If that's the ongoing constant thing that is happening, then where is all the finds? That is how I've seen it in the past. When it's on, it's simple to tell. Right now nothing is signaling. Not my fridge, my stove, TV, Silver coins 30 lbs block of iron, ect, ect. Took 10 seconds for me to see. But it's off, been off. The sun is asleep.. Dowser

It really isn't totally straight forward. The power that makes Dowsing possible isn't fully understood. It's a fluctuating pulse. On, could be a1 percent strength pulse or a 100 percent strength pulse. Fluctuating! Dowser

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to go reread Lobo to find his info about solar interference.

On a side note, solar magnetic energy can mimic brain wave frequencies and cause something very similar to epilepsy. Even the planets like Jupiter have fields that influence the earth. So it's not just "dowsing energy" it's the person, too.

There is something called the potential gradient. The earth emits energy into the atmosphere (and returns via lightning) most of the time--sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker. Sometime this flow is reversed and may be the reason for cancelled dowsing energy. Not sure this is solar related.
The last graph at the bottom of the page, this is for Great Britain area. I've seen plan to build you own, but haven't messed with it.
http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/weatherdata/Reading_daily_AWS_graphs.html

It's true when the earth's magnetic field is moving, things like water and iron can concentrate this like a capacitor. Recall how an electrical generator works--a conductor in a moving electrical field creates EM energy. The problem is all that iron and water overpower other desirable targets. The sun is never asleep.
Here are the magnetometers to show the sun is never asleep. Find the observatory closest to your area then on the second link click on your Observatory to view the plots. Probably FRD is closest to Michigan.
https://www.usgs.gov/natural-hazard...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects

https://geomag.usgs.gov/plots/

What I did see about ten days ago (on Spaceweather) there were two opposite polarity magnetic fields--one in the north hemisphere and one in the south. I don't know but I was unable to get my equipment working for a couple days in there, so maybe they did cancel out something, or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me the Sun is asleep. I need increased power I wrote. Not just Solar wind, or Corona connections. I can Dowse with a flux of 80, but not at 65. I can Dowse much better with a flux of 200. Right now flux is 65. I cant Dowse. Some people probably can.
When power is on, everything Mineral or Element resonates. Same targets not only resonate they form connection lines. To much power creates more smaller target resonation and more connection lines. Less sensitive Dowsing rods are needed to weed out all the other signals. Lack of Sun energy/Iradience, flux, is lack of power. Means less resonation, of minerals and Elements, means less connection lines. Means I now have to use more sensitive dowsing rods. Swivel rods. I'm waiting for more increased power from the Sun.. Its on an 11 year cycle. Been thru 2 past cycles. It is what it is for me. Dowser

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with higher solar magnetic energy is discrimination is lost. may seem powerful but not as usable.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people hook up a nine volt battery to the L-rods. Do not touch the rods together. But this can be too strong. people with a strong energy field have a harder time. This isn't solar related, probably more like a chemical imbalance in the body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with higher solar magnetic energy is discrimination is lost. may seem powerful but not as usable.

I have never noticed any change in Discrimination. Increase in Power/Energy is increase in all types of Dowsable anomalies. But Element Discrimination stays the same. The thing that changes is the Dowsing devices I use. With high power I am able to distinguish between large target at distance from small target close much better. Plus full power allows me to tell quantity of Element in ground when using non swivel rods. Change in power is L-rod change. I adjust to the ongoing signal strength. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people hook up a nine volt battery to the L-rods. Do not touch the rods together. But this can be too strong. people with a strong energy field have a harder time. This isn't solar related, probably more like a chemical imbalance in the body.

I have tested multiple electronic/magnetic devices and ways to Dowse better. Yes there is many ways to enhance the Dowsing signal. But, the signal cannot be created, only enhanced. And it cannot be enhanced when it is off. It has to be on to be enhanced. Dowser

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also during times of low solar magnetic activity more cosmic rays hit the earth. According to some people like Christopher Hills, this is a source of dowsing power. Now it might not be so much for things like gold, but there is a reflection off water.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never not been able to dowse. I don't care about sun spots, solar storms etc. Lots of confusion going on here in this thread. If you think you need help from the sun and look for cycle changes and the cycles are not happening, then you have restricted and held back your own self. It's as simple as that.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never not been able to dowse. I don't care about sun spots, solar storms etc. Lots of confusion going on here in this thread. If you think you need help from the sun and look for cycle changes and the cycles are not happening, then you have restricted and held back your own self. It's as simple as that.

Huh? Restricted.? I'm still waiting for the Sun to wake up, just so I can Dowse again. Just me. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small Sunspot group just showed itself, and got numbered. It's not flaring but it brought the Flux up to 71, when it was registering mid 60's for a while. I can Dowse the slight increase, but it's not strong enough. When it gets up to the 80's I'll be able to travel for Treasures again. Dowser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread