Dowsing rods split... What's that mean?

joerauh

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if this is something trivial or already mentioned in forums. I am a newbie dowser but use it all the time for water wells in my area.
Today I was witching a new property for water when my rods split so they were 180 degrees. There is water in several spots on the property but I have never had the rods split like this before.
Any ideas on what caused this?

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if this is something trivial or already mentioned in forums. I am a newbie dowser but use it all the time for water wells in my area.
Today I was witching a new property for water when my rods split so they were 180 degrees. There is water in several spots on the property but I have never had the rods split like this before.
Your Dowsing toward a Weak, Invisible, Vertical, Perimeter line. Holding the L-rods horizontally allows them to easily cross in or out. Connection from grounding of our bodies energy into the signal perimeter line, can be seen using the rods, as we cross over the signal. Dowser

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very interesting Joe. Any power lines overhead where you were standing? A situation such as that can cause some problems to be ironed out. What about underground power lines? Will be watching for what you learn.
maybe some one else can chime in also.

OP
OP
J

joerauh

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only hit this splitting reaction in one spot. I wondered if it could be a different material other than water.

OP
OP
J

joerauh

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No power lines in area. There is a quartz vein though.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that with some people when they are over/near a void in the ground.
Jon :occasion14: 8-) :cat: :headbang:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably just means that is the way you are holding the rods. Some say to point the tips down a bit and closer together than the handles and tilt your wrists inward a bit to avoid this. In this configuration you can judge signal strength by how far the rods close. Lots of times I get several partial crossings then a complete crossing when very near the target. And a good signal they stay crossed. But whatever you like.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No power lines in area. There is a quartz vein though.

One more thing you can try Joe is if you have one of those metal gutters that is under the road, walk in the middle of the road
and when you get to the gutter your rods may open or close. That should give you an answer about them opening up.
If you know for sure how the quartz vein runs, then walk across it and see how the rods act.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your body has two sides of opposite polarity. So the rods SHOULD pull together because of the opposite polarity.

When people use one rod, supposed to hold the free hand down at least 15 inches below the rod hand in order to create a voltage difference, but in experiment i have held my free hand right near the rod and it's noticeable.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a retired Ph D scientist from Phoenix, once told me when he dowses for water, it is different for him. As he would approach the spot where water was found, the one rod would start moving off to the side, something like single rod dowsing, except he used a pair of rods.

You might be more specific, as to how the rods split. Do they spread both rods apart about a 45 dgree angle the exact opposite of being evenly crossed? Or do the rods seem to lose a signal, spreading more and more?

OP
OP
J

joerauh

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when hitting water, the rods go beyond crossing, almost to zero degrees. Only in this one spot have they done anything 'weird'. They go exactly to 180 degrees. I am returning to that property on Sunday to try some additional tests and recommendations from this group. (Thank you all for the input). JoeR

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when hitting water, the rods go beyond crossing, almost to zero degrees. Only in this one spot have they done anything 'weird'. They go exactly to 180 degrees. I am returning to that property on Sunday to try some additional tests and recommendations from this group. (Thank you all for the input). JoeR
When you say "going beyond crossing" is it like the illustration here? Fig J is walking past a target and stepping over the line of field. Fig K is standing at the edge of a gold placer and ready to walk out of gold deposit. If so, you may have found the very edge of water source. Could be some type of pipeline or drain tile in there you were stepping over also.

L-rods_fig-JK_neg.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another type of possible response, it is also like when dowsing with a single rod. The one rod starts moving off to the side, then other rod makes a complete rotation, might end up pointing same direction as it stops.

L-rods_fig-D3.jpg

You could take the rod that rotated, hold straight down (pointing at ground)
gripping on the rod bend so it doesn't move.

L-rods_fig-D2.jpg

Go on using other rod as in single L-rod dowsing.[SUB][/SUB]

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another unexplained why, L-rod reaction that I have seen, is when using long rods and approaching a connection line, the rods being held pointing forward, will move out about 5 degrees, before crossing in on the line. Not sure why, but it normally happens with large quantity target at distance. It's a good thing, just I cant explain why. Dowser

OP
OP
J

joerauh

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, my dossing rods are longer than most. Again, I have lots to test on Sunday.
JoeR

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another type of possible response, it is also like when dowsing with a single rod. The one rod starts moving off to the side, then other rod makes a complete rotation, might end up pointing same direction as it stops.

View attachment 1765162

You could take the rod that rotated, hold straight down (pointing at ground)
gripping on the rod bend so it doesn't move.

View attachment 1765163

Go on using other rod as in single L-rod dowsing.

If you hold a rod down at your side you can move it back and forth away then close to your body and feel the strength of your aura by how far out you get a response. Some people can do it without a rod. This is called your "recording hand". Usually left hand for men and right hand for women. Fran Nixon talked about this is her books, and later one of her students Judy Jacka in "The Vivaxis Connection" which is a study of Earth energies. And of courser I have talked about Christopher Hills and "Supersensonics" he has a diagram of the magnetic field. Not so simple as was explained in fifth grade science class. And it's three dimensional as described by Howard Johnson in "The Secret World of Magnets".

I'll post some photos in the thread about what powers a dowsing rod.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's normal for rods to spread a little I think, before crossing. This illustrations shows the spreading response at the line of field, but normally it will happen when a target is straight in front of you.

L-rods_fig-M.jpg

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another unexplained why, L-rod reaction that I have seen, is when using long rods and approaching a connection line, the rods being held pointing forward, will move out about 5 degrees, before crossing in on the line. Not sure why, but it normally happens with large quantity target at distance. It's a good thing, just I cant explain why. Dowser

Thanks dowser for the post. My rod does the same thing. Makes me wonder how many other folks have the same thing happening.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, my dossing rods are longer than most. Again, I have lots to test on Sunday.
JoeR

JOE, mind telling the forum the length of your rods? I have been using mine @ 18'' long but this year I decided to experiment a little and made one 23'' long and really like it much more. There is always things to experiment with, especially when one seems to be like a cat, that is, curiosity, curiosity, curiosity.
Anyone else wish to post curious acting of the rod would be welcome I am sure. I would imagine that most folks who dowse with rod/rods have some little something which is odd to others.
Great weekend, elh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions