What powers a dowsing rod? Short video

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you can see a connection here with this apparatus and a dowsing rod/L-rod. Yes, very tiny amount of power, but it's there. It brings up the question if tall people can dowse better. Dell Winders, Bob Fitzgerald both well over six feet tall. i saw one of Bill Cox books where he held the rods up high by his neck. Also brings up the subject about some people say carrying a grounding rod improves dowsing ability. Some say leather sole shoes are better, others say bare feet. Others use conductive electrode gel on the rod handle for better contact if you have dry skin. Same thing about wet hands work better.

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am able to Dowse the signal from on top a ten foot tall deck. Also Dowse a second story house top floor, indicating the target in the basement. Not sure how high the signal goes. If the object is placed above, it also signals a vertical signal, up and down.
Continuous testing in my house over top a crawl space, shows no change in signal strength when Dowsing with shoes or bare feet. Same with checking strength outside compared to inside, I dont see any difference. Dowser

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think anyone who searches is acting like a dowsing rod. I think the brain and human condition powers a dowsing rod.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one diagram of a magnetic field. Note this is much more complicated than the fifth grade science class version of iron filings and a magnet.

mag field 2.jpg

mag field.jpg

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow this seems related to adding a small voltage to the L-rods. Maybe some times this "potential gradient" is disturbed and the small voltage can be just enough to get a response.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think dowsing rods are powered per se. I believe they only act as a conduit.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL When I say "powered" it is like an electrical conductor that has the power turned on--electrical current is flowing. I'm not talking about actual rod movement. I don't know if everyone understands that even if a battery is not connected to any circuit there is some leakage of electricity through the air from one pole to the other. Not much but it's there along with the associated flux.

Even without a battery there is electrical flow just like in the above video. So really, by adding power this augments the power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically, when you are holding a a L-rod in your hand you are holding a weak lightning rod. Be careful!!! If you can hear thunder, you are already in range/danger of a lightning strike with or without a rod in your hand.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The atmospheric electricity explained by Feynman describes a vertical gradient. This has been well documented. It's vertical, not horizontal. What does that have to do with dowsing rods?

Let's just say for a second that the vertical gradient did have some effect on dowsing rods. How would that cause the rods to cross when they're in close proximity to gold? Even if the rods were charged up what does that have to do with movement or sought elements?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient Chinese proverb: The man who says he can and the man who says he can't are both right.

Do your own research. Best way is to practice using the rods while you are studying.

I did see an interesting show called "Mind Control: HAARP conspiracy". Hard to keep up with all the info this guy presents. The reason I mention this is not becasue of mind control, but the process involving ELF magnetic resonance with a field strength of one-fiftieth of the earth's magnetic field.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ancient Chinese proverb: The man who says he can and the man who says he can't are both right.

Do your own research. Best way is to practice using the rods while you are studying.

I did see an interesting show called "Mind Control: HAARP conspiracy". Hard to keep up with all the info this guy presents. The reason I mention this is not becasue of mind control, but the process involving ELF magnetic resonance with a field strength of one-fiftieth of the earth's magnetic field.

OK but that has absolutely nothing to do with my post or the subject at hand.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnetic resonance excites the target. The target's field acts something like a loudspeaker. The lines of force between the dowser and the target help to align the rod. Very subtle. For pure dowsing your brain has to tune to it, learn to recognise it.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Magnetic resonance excites the target. The target's field acts something like a loudspeaker. The lines of force between the dowser and the target help to align the rod. Very subtle. For pure dowsing your brain has to tune to it, learn to recognise it.

Uh huh. It's funny how you present those statements as if they are factual.

That has nothing to do with the subject at hand, which is atmospheric electricity as described by Feynman. We've discussed this before and it's pretty clear that you're just throwing terms like "magnetic resonance". You've also suggested in the past that it has something to do with psychic powers and cited MK Ultra as a source.

Do you even know what magnetic resonance is? These things are not related and in no way explain how dowsing rods move in relation to a sought object.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, the rod wants to align itself with the signal line if you let it.

Just a tiny magnetic field from the electric flow. That's all that is needed.

From your attitude you sound like a failed dowser. Took me a long time to learn, too. Most people never learn to quiet their mind. Oh sure, they claim it, but put them on a GSR (galvanic skin response) and their eyes will be opened to the fact they can't do it more than five seconds.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My rods indicate a signal in the Ether. That signal is a flow, perimeter, molecular connection lines, and other anomolies. I'm Dowsing a vertical signal, anomoly, field, with rods held horizontally. Rods indicate the presence and strength of the field. How they do that is unexplained in science. Is it magnetic? Who cares! But if you figure it out let me know..lol

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My rods indicate a signal in the Ether. That signal is a flow, perimeter, molecular connection lines, and other anomolies. I'm Dowsing a vertical signal, anomoly, field, with rods held horizontally. Rods indicate the presence and strength of the field. How they do that is unexplained in science. Is it magnetic? Who cares! But if you figure it out let me know..lol

I will be working on figuring that out myself. There might be an electronic device that is sensitive enough to read the dowsing signal. Ghost busting devices look sensitive. Along with all the phone apps, I will be checking for a source indication. When its on! It might just be undetectable like gravity.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You are correct that it's unexplained in science. However, things like electromagnetism, resonance, atmospheric electricity, and electromagnetic and other fields are very thoroughly understood and explained.

There actually have been quite a few scientific studies on dowsing though. None of them point to any bizarre, unexplainable phenomena. Here's a great example: https://youtu.be/Daqofc-PXtY?t=1579, that link should start at 26 minutes into the video which shows a well-docmented dowsing experiment.

Signal_line, I'm not a failed dowser.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video didn't relate to me. I use Dowsing power, Elements and personal experiences which brings me to scientific conclusion, not Spiritual nor Random chance. I've always known that it takes a real Dowser, to test Dowsing tools and Electronics related to Dowsing, not just someone that can see the rods move. Stuff like Electromagnetism or Resonance, ect, ect, ect, need to be tested by a real Dowser and a scientist together. Is there a video or scientific report on How man made frequencies affect Dowsing power. No, not unless I make a non-scientific one. Some things we may never know. But I know more about Dowsing than most. And like discussing it as I continue to figure it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-184358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-184358_Chrome.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was double blind tested many years back. I used Carbon to signal my 1/32 carot Diamond. Ten paper cups, which one has the Diamond hid under it. Four people observed me continually indicate the correct cup, to the point of total convincing. It was less than a dozen times, but I could've found it many more. What made the test work is because first, I checked to make sure Dowsing power was on, then made sure other dowsable anomolies didnt directly interfere with the testing area. 99% of people that say they can Dowse, don't have a clue. That vid shows some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Physical dowsing (etheric) is wishy-washy as it is without adding the psychic stuff (astral) like "map dowsing", a misnomer. Some days are better than others like near a full moon. Just adding a small voltage to the rods can make a big difference. Less than one volt for gold. Basically you put out a test target and walk by it with the rods. Then adjust the voltage and repeat until you get the best response.

Somewhere on this page or the LRL page I posted a description of how I do the two-rod sweep. Hands are pressed against each other and the left rod is held steady with your thumb. Watch the locked rod when you sweep and when it is aimed at the target the other rod will lock on. The idea is to divert your attention away from the sensing rod. This is where people go wrong--they fixate on the rods instead of the search. This is what I talk about the Zen-like state. I read a book titled "The Zen of Snow Skiing". Basically yoiu pick out an object at the bottom of the ski hill and keep your eys on it. Sort of like a horizon to keep your bearings and don't be looking down at your skis.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread