Results from L rods

mindthetrams

Nov 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi can anyone advise me why I get good clear results from using L rods but in almost every case I have not found the water pipes I'm looking to locate. They are always in a different position. In a couple of examples I have plotted the line of pipes across fields and get a perfect line of markers, but the pipe is not there but nearby. On one occasion I was spot on but that is rare.
I feel as though I'm potentially a dowser but something is getting in the way.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no master of the rods but you can try placing a small piece of the same kind of pipe you are hunting in one hand with rods ans see what happens. Also use a piece of same pipe on top of the ground to see if you can determine anything from that.
Treasure Hunter- the moderator can probably give better advice. I think he said he has dowsed pipes.
Come back on here with how it works out please?
elh:coffee2:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "Y" rod works good for water.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no master of the rods but you can try placing a small piece of the same kind of pipe you are hunting in one hand with rods ans see what happens. Also use a piece of same pipe on top of the ground to see if you can determine anything from that.
Treasure Hunter- the moderator can probably give better advice. I think he said he has dowsed pipes.
Come back on here with how it works out please?
elh:coffee2:

I have doused, phone lines, fiberoptic lines, water lines, conduit and PVC with nothing in in them using L rods. I prefer using 2 rods. They will point at each other when your over the target.

I have never doused any treasure.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pipes and waterlines are good targets for beginner practice... highly reccommended! :coffee2:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3/8 soft Copper line buried from the propane tank to the house is a tough Dowse. I start running into to many other signals the closer I get to a house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread