Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are known areas of rare earth deposits in the U.S. Get you pointed in the right direction.

rare earth.jpg

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are known areas of rare earth deposits in the U.S. Get you pointed in the right direction.

View attachment 1779368

Thanks, I haven't researched it much yet. I would've thought some would be around NE Minnesota. I have signaled Gold ore at 20 mile distances from target. Rare earth should be similar. Further depending on quantity. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, all the Elements I use signal back from far targets. Telluride, Nickel, Silver, Carbon, ect ect ect. Even if there is a small quantity of the element in the distant object I'm dowsing, the signal will piggyback along stronger element lines. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While Dowsing for distant targets I used to think that the more quantity of signal Element I use to signal with, the further I could Dowse. I was in Arizona dowsing for Meteorites. My friend had a truck rim made out of Magnesium, so I drove to the end of Salt mine road, set the rim on the ground, then checked for lines. I had one strong signal line heading NW of me, back down the road. After following the signal, it led me to the Salt mine 5 miles away. I thought I was chasing a Meteorite signal, but instead I was signaling Magnesium. Surprise to me! I now know that small quantity of signal element works well enough, and it's easier to carry around. I've signaled Gold ore, Silver ore, Magnesium ore and multi Element Meteorites, and am looking forward to Dowsing Rare Earth. Dowser

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narrowed down a little more.

rare earth_LG-Wsection-B.jpg

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some Rare earth Elements to signal with, but I need a couple more. I also have Uranium for a signal. I might get some of these Elements also; Zirconium, Niobium, Strontium, Barium, Lithium. Rare earth Elements ride with these Elements. From what I can tell, signaling a Rare earth ore deposit is like signaling a Meteorite. Any multi Element target is either. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meteorites carry Rare Earths, but they have Nickel, Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Carbon. Elements not associated with Rare Earths. It would be easy to Dowse the differences. Dowser

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC, SC, ID, actually have a large rare earth placer area. Florida has it in the phosphate fields.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Idaho placer.

rare earth_LG-Wsection-C.jpg

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is all Rare earth ore's radioactive ? My Iron Meteorite isn't radioactive, but it contains yttrium and ytterbium. Radioactivity seems to be the main indicator. The only way to be sure it's rare earth is a costly assay gamble. I think I'll start with Diamonds and Kimberlites. A 800 carot yellow diamond called Nipissing, near Cobalt Canada found in the early 1900's, is closer for me. Dowser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread