Diamond's worth Dowsing

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the video about an 800 carot Diamond found in the early 1900's, I got very interested! Called the Nipissing diamond. Now with 18 Kimberlite pipes already located, it sure sounds like any areas S of there would be good for searching. The Glacier carried them. I ordered some Olivine and some Pyrope garnet dust for my indicator signals. Diamonds signal/dowse stronger and further than other Elements, such as Gold or Silver, ect. I used my 1/32 carot diamond as a signal once, and located the target 2 miles from the original signal. It ended up being graphite ore. I wonder how far an 800 carot diamond signals. I bet a ways. Dowser

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want diamond ore samples, go to the Crater of Diamonds state park.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Pyrope garnets came. $7.00 for 400 carrots. Plenty enough to signal with. Still waiting on the Olivene. Kimberlite also has a Magnetite. I'll be using Iron, Diamond, Garnets, and Olivene for my Diamond bearing kimberlite signal. Only 500 miles from me, deserves investigation. Dowser

Attachments

• 20191224_140122.jpg
    20191224_140122.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aluminum would probably signal, but I shouldn't need to use it. Whatever the most quantity signals furthest. I'm thinking Olivine. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These 4 Elements/Minerals and L-rods and power, should be all I need to signal a Diamond bearing kimberlite pipe. Pyrope Garnet, Olivine, Iron, Diamond. Which one is the most abundant in the ore's matrix? Does the most abundant single Element determining the distance a kimberlite pipe can signal?, or does the total of the 4 create a further target signal? Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my signal Elements/Minerals I have acquired so far. I need more rare earth, and my olivine hasn't come yet.. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my signal Elements/Minerals I have acquired so far. I need more rare earth, and my olivine hasn't come yet.. Dowser
strait up

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Olivine came. Now I have the 4 signals I'll be using to locate some Diamond bearing kimberlite pipe's. Olivine, Garnet, Diamond, Iron. All I need now is a Gps map of the area, nice weather, and a couple days of power..

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You've got almandine garnets. What you want is pyrope garnets.
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way too dark. Pyropes are pinkish/purple, and much less opaque. I would also bet those garnets are slightly susceptible to a strong magnet. Pyropes aren't. Do a google search for images of both pyrope and almandine, and you'll see the difference. You might also want some ilmenite (titanium iron oxide) in your "source" kit for diamond pipes.

Here's a couple of pics of pyropes from the Green River Basin in Wyoming. They eroded from kimberlite pipes located on Cedar and/or Sage mountain near the Utah border. Garnet2.JPG Garnet gem 1.jpg

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You might also want some chromium diopside, too. That's the bright green gems in the pic.
Jim

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have the garnets wrong. I'll reorder some. Plus I might get some granular Ilmenite, and possibly some Chromium diopside. I dont think I'll need anything like Geikielite.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end it will be Diamond, Iron, Titanium, Aluminum, and Magnesium. The Elements within the Gems an pipe. All these signals are also in Meteorites. I'll have to Dowse some of my Meteorite Elements that wouldn't be in Kimberlites, to confirm it's not a Meteorite. Maybe Iridium, Nickle, Ytterium.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck!
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see in the news that Element Arsenic is the indicator for new Gold deposits. Won't be trying that.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end it will be Diamond, Iron, Titanium, Aluminum, and Magnesium. The Elements within the Gems an pipe. All these signals are also in Meteorites. I'll have to Dowse some of my Meteorite Elements that wouldn't be in Kimberlites, to confirm it's not a Meteorite. Maybe Iridium, Nickle, Ytterium.

Found this in Encyclopedia Britannica. It lists all the Elements/Minerals associated with the different Garnets, along with rare earths. I Dowse multiple diffrent Elements in meteorites, and am suprized at the multitude of signals that would be generated by a kimberlite pipe. It will be difficult to tell the diffrence from a meteorite compared to a pipe. They dont have Gold nor Platinum listed.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in Encyclopedia Britannica. It lists all the Elements/Minerals associated with the different Garnets, along with rare earths. I Dowse multiple diffrent Elements in meteorites, and am suprized at the multitude of signals that would be generated by a kimberlite pipe. It will be difficult to tell the diffrence from a meteorite compared to a pipe. They dont have Gold nor Platinum listed.

Does that mean that if you are dowsing for silver, you could be hitting a kimberlite pipe instead of the silver you are looking for?
Thanks for an answer.

gold chick

Dec 28, 2019
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been very interested in dowsing and have had some success with dowsing rods that I made out of copper. Do you find that it gets better with practice? I feel like I tend to overthink it which dilutes my results.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions