Diamond Dowsing ?

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own property in Western North Carolina in community where the largest diamond in NC was found which was in 1800s it was approximately 4 1/3 carats also smaller ones were found in same creek that flows through my property. Having said that unsolicited by me a well known local downer in a town about 30 miles away asked me where my property was located and pulled a map and told me I had diamonds on the property then marked the different areas and the amount which amounted to thousands of pounds. I invited him to come to the property which he did and using L rods and some that was battery operated indicated the approximate same areas. I can locate water and electric lines underground but still a little skeptical of gems, etc and I did get and indication in same areas but he indicated they were located anywhere from 14-80 feet deep and I don’t like idea of disturbing earth without good reasons. Anyone want to weigh in on this or offer suggestions, I’ve been sitting on this info for more than a year now. I’ve already found gold, rubies and sapphires here using conventional methods.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the thing about deep targets. Yes, diamonds (carbon) gives a nice signal, a lot better than gold. Remember how light bends when it hits water? Well, the same thing happens with the rays from a dowsed target underground or really anything they have to go through. Wherever there is a density change. They bend, too. It;s called refraction. Not quite where you think they should be. So keep that in mind if you decide to dig. Also that deep a hole you have to slope the sides like 45 degrees to prevent cave-ins. So you end up digging a huge amount of dirt. You could try to bore a hole with an auger.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience, diamond ore pulls a lot stronger on the L-rods, compared to a single loose diamond.

At least with crystalline lamproite ore. There are people with an education in geology, don't know the ore can be a crystalline form and shaped much the same as a raw diamond.

diamond-ore1.png

diamond-ore2.png

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see my hand the bottom on pic #2, more than a handful.

I would think the diamonds were washed down the stream.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions