Some people can detect magnetic fields

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knew a girl once that was a stud finder........

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if anyone took two minutes to read the article? At one time scientists thought it impossible that any animal had a magnetic sense. Of course they know better now. Then is was that humans do not have the sense. This article changes that.

A key point is that people "selectively" detect the earth's magnetic field with "..subliminal clues that a local field isn't 'the' magnetic field. So it is almost like people can ignore the other fields. May be why some people cannot get the hang of dowsing. Scientists refer to the magnetoreceptivity as "a biologically tuned mechanism rather than some generic physical influence."

Caches

Mar 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I read it. But how to cultivate our ability to pinpoint specific fields? Someone should try to construct a training program. I guess you'd need a series of real buried caches to practice over. But based on this we probably don't even need L-rods.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read it. But how to cultivate our ability to pinpoint specific fields? Someone should try to construct a training program. I guess you'd need a series of real buried caches to practice over. But based on this we probably don't even need L-rods.

There 1000's of caches in the South West to practice on, and it is very good training.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Dowsing signal is strong, I can feel the anomaly in my gut as I Dowse thru it, on large quantity targets. I thought they had electronics that registered magnetic fields. They dont have any electronics that register a Dowsing signal. I think it must be Dark matter.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if anyone took two minutes to read the article? At one time scientists thought it impossible that any animal had a magnetic sense. Of course they know better now. Then is was that humans do not have the sense. This article changes that.

A key point is that people "selectively" detect the earth's magnetic field with "..subliminal clues that a local field isn't 'the' magnetic field. So it is almost like people can ignore the other fields. May be why some people cannot get the hang of dowsing. Scientists refer to the magnetoreceptivity as "a biologically tuned mechanism rather than some generic physical influence."

Signal, I did read the article but see any great need for it in dowsing for treasure (gold, silver ) as there are different kinds. For instance there are the earths magnetic lines
that fowl use in their flights, there are also magnetic field from gold and silver -- then there are all the radio waves plus telephone towers everywhere to help mess it
all up. Then there are micro waves, radar waves and personally I think it is a dukes mixture in all of it. How would anyone know for sure which waves he/she
is receiving? Possibly some folks can and I will not say it is absolutely impossible, just don't see any use for it.
Whosoever reads this may have completely different thought about it and I say it's okay by me if they do.
Have a great week, :coffee2:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elh,you,re absolutely right .the only time I check for a magnetic field with all my treasure sites,is to know what the containment is like a metal chest.But it,s gold that I check every time first.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Dowsing is Magneto reception. I sometimes use Magnets in my L-rods to enhance the signal. If I was to explain the enhancement, I would have to say the Magnets somehow act like grease. They allow the signal to get through easier by it traveling thru a slight magnetic field at my hands. They aren't particularity associated, only helping.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4 magnets in my rods need to be in a correct alignment to enhance the signal. I tried other configurations to find that the l-rods still worked, but worked better one certain direction.

Attachments

• 20200103_124320.jpg
    20200103_124320.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 92

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can a guy with a prosthetic arm still dowse?

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not sure. Synthetic materials, plastics, do inhibit the signal. And there's more to it than just knowing if, there's knowing when.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

An old joke: A guy gets in a car wreck and injures his hand that requires surgery. He is talking with the doctor before surgery. " Doc, will I be able to play the piano after the surgery heals?" "Sure!" Oh, that's great, because I could never play before." If you can't dowse, you will have to learn. No short cuts there.

If you think about it, an L-rod is very much like a prosthetic limb. It may be that some other type of apparatus needs to be taylored to the person, like an L-rod that attaches to the shoulder area or something. Then the person pivots their body back and forth to get a sweeping motion. Might even work better for some people.

I learned to dowse with a GSR device. Galvanic Skin Resistance. Attach two wires to your fingers or toes, or foot plates. The device had a bow-tie antenna that you pivot around 360 degrees and watch the meter for a quick, sharp deflection. Then move over 20 feet and rescan. Where the two lines intersect is your hot spot. Really probably a lot easier to learn than L-rods.

You'll also need an Arduino or Raspberry Pi and their basic shield makes it easier to attach the wires but not essential. Like under $25. total if you buy a counterfeit Arduino and USB cable (around $5). Something like this but you can probsably shop around and find a USA supplier:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNO-R3-MEG...178697?hash=item33ef4db289:g:94kAAOSwUyBbRyi7

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-GSR_Sensor/

Anybody who dowses should own something like this. It helps you calm down and to learn to recognize the dowsing response.

Last edited:

techresearch

Jun 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

There are several studies related to the one in the article. Is anyone aware of research specific to dowsing that focuses on the possible physics and biology behind it?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Xanthenx

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can feel and hear magnetic fields in my head, this is especially amplified if I smoke Marijuana. It began years ago when I was a kid (didn't smoke pot) I could feel before I walked into a room if a CRT television was running, just a buzzing in my mind almost like a sixth sense. Then in my early twenties the alternative to pot came out the synthetic stuff came out (K-2, Took, Toonchi, Two Chains). I was smoking alot of the stuff (12 grams a day) and then suddenly it became illegalized where I live. Each bag I smoked I would trip once and the effects made my level of magnetosensitivity go skyrocketing. So badly that trying to touch my cell phone would be impossible as if there were a block wall in between my hand and the phone. It would make me heave violently to try and touch the phone and I would hear chattering like loud voices that I couldn't understand almost like the ambient noise in a call center in my head. Power lines would be extremely loud and transformers several times that.

The withdrawal was terrible, but still years later I can feel magnetic fields even as small as those emitted from a charging block for a cell phone and I become extremely distressed if I smoke Marijuana and don't turn off my cell phone to this day. Ive experimented with many drugs and am a fairly intelligent man. I absolutely believe that this is not a hallucination due to the fact that even trips on mushrooms in my teens never yielded anything even remarkably similar in effect.

Long story short magnetosensitivity is a real sense of the human sensorium. I believe there are many more like it and those far different from it, but we have forgotten those parts of ourselves through generations of endoctrination. When I turned the television off for good 5 years ago I finally was able to experience my awakening. They call it programming for a reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread