• Screenshot_20200403-073838_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-073838_Photos.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 86

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a picture of a listed Treasure Legend spot. Even though the story doesn't pan out, the spot is a Dowsed mystery to me. Does anyone get anything, particularly, unrefined Gold bars with Mercury in them? If so where? TY

Well I get a Spanish Treasure all right gold and silver but I get No mercury.....its Screenshot_20200403-073838_Photos.jpg in Bronze Chest. pic crop.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Roger's lake Arizona. The treasure legend states that Gold bars were hidden there. Two men supposed to rob the tip top mine near Gillett. But the tip top was a Silver mine. And the robbers names can't be traced. So how did a Silver mine get tied into a Gold bar treasure hidden in a lake many miles north. It's a mystery to me. The mystery is that I've Dowsed a Gold target on location, brought a dowser friend and he Dowsed the same spot. I signaled with Mercury to see if they were unrefined bars, and to this day that is the only Mercury target I've ever hit on. I'll probably never know why I get a Gold signal there. I can signal it from 10 miles away at 17. Its Malpai in all directions for miles.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! With all the Dowsing I have done, I've run into many curious results. I use Elements to signal same elements in large playing field, where every other Element along with other types of anomolic signals are playing. Separating one line out of hundreds, then following it to the target without jumping onto and following an incorrect line used to be a challenge. I am a perfectionist, and I would work on a treasure type, like Gold, to Meteorites, to Gems, to hardrock, then Placer. I dont like loose ends, so I practiced till I figured it all out. Now I'm working on figuring power out. But I have my first loose end in a while. Why was I signaling Gold there? I can write it off as maybe I didnt run any other elements than Gold, and possibly it's a Meteorite. They all contain some Gold. But as I remember back, I doubt I made that mistake. But the Mercury is the crazy signal. Their shouldn't be any unless its associated with Gold bars. The target is bordering State and private land. Cows and dogs guard it now. I'll never get back to figure it out by digging. But is the Legend correct in some way? I once read a different story, where it went into detail how the men stole two borrows to transport the Gold bars. I can no longer find that version.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! With all the Dowsing I have done, I've run into many curious results. I use Elements to signal same elements in large playing field, where every other Element along with other types of anomolic signals are playing. Separating one line out of hundreds, then following it to the target without jumping onto and following an incorrect line used to be a challenge. I am a perfectionist, and I would work on a treasure type, like Gold, to Meteorites, to Gems, to hardrock, then Placer. I dont like loose ends, so I practiced till I figured it all out. Now I'm working on figuring power out. But I have my first loose end in a while. Why was I signaling Gold there? I can write it off as maybe I didnt run any other elements than Gold, and possibly it's a Meteorite. They all contain some Gold. But as I remember back, I doubt I made that mistake. But the Mercury is the crazy signal. Their shouldn't be any unless its associated with Gold bars. The target is bordering State and private land. Cows and dogs guard it now. I'll never get back to figure it out by digging. But is the Legend correct in some way? I once read a different story, where it went into detail how the men stole two borrows to transport the Gold bars. I can no longer find that version.

In a nut shell.. I Dowsed Gold and Mercury on the same line. Target signal strength was strong enough for a 10 mile signal. After following signal line it ended in Roger's lake, a dry lake now. I am stubborn on what I Dowse. I have to assume that the legend is partially correct, but maybe totally miss told. Maybe it is Spanish Gold..

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right on

My first signal line was running NW, not far down the road that's running SW. I drove around to the S side to triangulate, story reports it out off shore, but I couldn't make it to the target.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres another one. I signaled Silver on island from shore 8 miles away. I took the ferry for a day trip, and chased the signal. Ran out of time trying to reach it. Missed the ferry back had to spend the night. Never been back. Any Silver, and where?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres another one. I signaled Silver on island from shore 8 miles away. I took the ferry for a day trip, and chased the signal. Ran out of time trying to reach it. Missed the ferry back had to spend the night. Never been back. Any Silver, and where?
Pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-081935_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404-081935_Photos.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 60

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me awhile to find the Lost Treasure story in my collection from the June 1991 issue but here it is.
Major players were Henry Corey and Ralph Gaines, Minor player Bob Ribbencoff. There was an addition of silver and gold coins added to the gold bars that were dropped into the lake. Clue: SW side of lake. A 1912 USGS topo clearly shows a trail leading to a structure all by it's lonesome. I believe this is the area, and it is/was under dry ground. If it were me, I'd post and dowse a little more zoomed out picture area in this area and see if anything comes thru inquiring with these names. Around 1993 I was chatting with a very seasoned dowser who was considering going there to check it out.
RL.jpg RL2.jpg RL3.jpg RL4.jpg
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me awhile to find the Lost Treasure story in my collection from the June 1991 issue but here it is.
Major players were Henry Corey and Ralph Gaines, Minor player Bob Ribbencoff. There was an addition of silver and gold coins added to the gold bars that were dropped into the lake. Clue: SW side of lake. A 1912 USGS topo clearly shows a trail leading to a structure all by it's lonesome. I believe this is the area, and it is/was under dry ground. If it were me, I'd post and dowse a little more zoomed out picture area in this area and see if anything comes thru inquiring with these names. Around 1993 I was chatting with a very seasoned dowser who was considering going there to check it out.
View attachment 1818375 View attachment 1818376 View attachment 1818377 View attachment 1818378

Thanks!, That sure is a long detailed story. Are all the stories in that book detailed that much? Does anyone have the wrighters references? It's to bad it starts off Gold bars from the Tip top mine. Maybe there was some Gold, but I believe it was a Silver mine.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a Spanish Chest Silver..........the reason i know its Spanish is that type old metal .....using sample today our metal will not work, it has to be samples from 1700 hundred to hit that type of old metal, so that chest has been in Screenshot_20200404-081935_Photos.jpg ground for a long time.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!, That sure is a long detailed story. Are all the stories in that book detailed that much? Does anyone have the wrighters references? It's to bad it starts off Gold bars from the Tip top mine. Maybe there was some Gold, but I believe it was a Silver mine.
The references are on the last page of story under sources.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost treasure mag and others had detailed and short stories. The writer is from the area so he has better sources than someone who isn't. He gave the year of death of 2 of the 3 people so he must have found an obit somewhere. His references are under sources at the end of the story. There's always some nebulous info for each treasure story, but I believe there's some truth to it and each story out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a Spanish Chest Silver..........the reason i know its Spanish is that type old metal .....using sample today our metal will not work, it has to be samples from 1700 hundred to hit that type of old metal, so that chest has been in View attachment 1818419 ground for a long time.

Thanks again.. When I first signaled it I was 8 miles E. I could tell from that distance the Silver was predominantly S on the island. When I reached the island and chased the signal it was near center. That's pretty close. There was Spanish Silver coins found on another island in the great lakes. I wasn't sure, thinking it could be silverware brought across and hid from the Chicago fire in the past. Other Silver stashes from then have been found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a Spanish Chest Silver..........the reason i know its Spanish is that type old metal .....using sample today our metal will not work, it has to be samples from 1700 hundred to hit that type of old metal, so that chest has been in View attachment 1818419 ground for a long time.
We are looking W at the island.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree with targets from okiedowser
* Gold, silver & bronze:
AnythingHere-gold.jpg
* Weight 45 kgs