Anybody want to give this a shot?

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I had a pair of really nice old glass license plate reflectors on a antique motorcycle and I lost one of them on the road. I attached the map route and a picture of the one remaining reflector I have. Thanks, Sidevalve45.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bla...1!1s0x87fec6df29cc7e71:0xc603f246cfa9b909!3e0

IMG_20200724_201815_hdr.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might try a little later today.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was picking up at least 4 places where people lost something from a motorcycle. Think back if you made any stops at the bottom circle with a line leading into it. The other 2 not marked where at the top.

2020-07-26-motorcycle.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Between Saturday and Sunday I walked both sides of the road heading towards Black River Falls for a total of about 8 miles. Believe it or not I found the reflector relatively in good shape. I got to the point I had decided to turn around crossed the road and started heading back to the car. I went 30 or 40 yards and then I found it. It was about a mile from your last locate. Red Desert thank you for taking the time to help 0726201754.jpg 1st

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between Saturday and Sunday I walked both sides of the road heading towards Black River Falls for a total of about 8 miles. Believe it or not I found the reflector relatively in good shape. I got to the point I had decided to turn around crossed the road and started heading back to the car. I went 30 or 40 yards and then I found it. It was about a mile from your last locate. Red Desert thank you for taking the time to help View attachment 1852214 1st
Thanks a lot for the feedback! :headbang: For me the greatest treasure is knowing how good my dowsing results are turning out. Maps do have limitations as to how close to target marked. It's work but persistence can pay off.

CH7

Greenie
Apr 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot for the feedback! :headbang: For me the greatest treasure is knowing how good my dowsing results are turning out. Maps do have limitations as to how close to target marked. It's work but persistence can pay off.

One mile off... That's a very large amount of distance away from the target man. Seems to me like both of us were highly inaccurate. Maps have limitations but Google Maps imagery is usually no more than 7 meters off the actual position. All anyone can really say at this point is one of us got lucky with the dice. Good experiment though.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One mile off... That's a very large amount of distance away from the target man. Seems to me like both of us were highly inaccurate. Maps have limitations but Google Maps imagery is usually no more than 7 meters off the actual position. All anyone can really say at this point is one of us got lucky with the dice. Good experiment though.
Yes, I'm in favor of some experiments. I only checked one route. There did seem to be more than one place someone lost a piece from a motorcycle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread