signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with much of writings on dowsing it really helps if you know a little about it in order to get a true understanding of what they are saying. I think a mistake some people make it to assume that the article does not apply to their type dowsing and then ignore what was written. Read all you can and try to understand as much of it as possible. Go out in your yard and pracitce then come back and read it again constantly being on the alert for any info that can be transferred to your style.

You are likely to never get it all and I always go back and reread every now and then and every single time I pick up something I missed previously even after several readings. I guess you could say it needs to be read with an open mind. That measn do not discount what is being said and if you think it is wrong, try even harder to understand how the person came to their conclusion but you don't need to blindly believe it. I know some people claim that but their actions to do coincide. When someone says they have an open mind, that's a red flag warning. We all have our biases and of course we are all guilty of this from time to time, so start with that premise instead of the attitude "I can do no wrong." "Be humble." as Dell Winders would say.

BTW, a "Y" rod has been around for a very long time. It has it's advantages over other equipment. One is it works great in windy weather. People might claim they are not as sensitive as say an L-rod but that is only someone's opinion. "Y' rods can be extremely accurate. And really it is easier to feel it than say an L-rod which can overreact.

The fact nobody has replied to this thread leads me to believe they don't want to be bothered in taking the time to read and understand it. Dowsing is not easy and to get the most from it you really need to have some enthusiasm. Sorry, but I am not seeing that here on this forum. There is some good info in this article and I'll leave it up to you to find it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I haven't done much dowsing with a witness other than baited locator rods but this take on witnesses is worth a read. In case anybody doesn't know, the French were really, really into dowsing. Many of the world's top dowsers from back in the Golden years early 1900's were from France. I realize most people can't read French, me neither, so it hasn't been out there for English speaking people. Of course Christopher Hills was into this big time. He inherited the lifetime works of over 150 dowsers mostly from that area and translated it to English. And it can be seen in his book "Supersensonics" also known as "The Diviner's Bible". Strangely he does not even mention L-rods in the book of over 600 pages. My experience over 40 years is because L-rods are a lot harder to learn than most people realize. Somewhere there is a link to a free copy on this forum. But in the mean time this book on Jacob's rod has some good info.

It's also my strong opinion that much of modern day dowsing is so watered down there is nothing left, much like a homeopathic remedy where literally there is not even one molecule remaining. I really don't like to use the term "Redneck dowsing" because that is an insult to rednecks. It's below that level what people are putting out as legitimate. Don't fall for the easy path, do it right. BTW, my neck a redder than most. Good, hard labor is good for the soul.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda thinking people see the word "God" in the article and shy away from it. Deny it at your own peril. "God you made us; we are yours."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread