Forested Area w/ Old Stone Ruins

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok, if you can muster up enough confidence in me to hand over the location then feel free at any point in time. Until then I certainly won't beg you for it. You have no idea who I am or how much experience I have dude. Why do you keep dramatically expressing all this unfounded doubt? If you want someone who has the motivation, permission and ability to go after your target then hand it over and you'll get your 5% if anything is actually there in the first place. Just so you know I will check it with resistivity and other tools before I dig anything and it can't be on the side of a steep hill or somewhere its very unlikely anyone would choose to dig a hole. If the resistivity is right I will dig it.

If you publish pictures from that area, aside the hill,
i can search the treasure and you will have the 95% in the pocket

Go up to a bucket and take the photo from there
..on top of a bucket or the hood of your vehicle

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I cant give you the big treasure,
is too much for extract by one person

OP
OP
P

piratemap7

Nov 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

This place is interesting. This target is in a flat area, right between where two streams converge. Its naturally hidden at the base of kind of a small basin. Not far away there is the base of an old stone structure. It looks like it could be a chimney. Also an impressive rock wall. All of this within about 175 meters. Just went out to scout the area today. It was raining so I didn't bring my detector. If anything is really here then I should be able to detect it. With all the water flowing nearby they could not have dug down very deep. I'll definitely be coming back here to scan with my 58 cm PI coil which gets down to about 4 FT. I will update you and Red Desert with any finds.

The Site (walking in and from right to left):

View attachment 1901532

View attachment 1901517

View attachment 1901522

View attachment 1901524

View attachment 1901526

View attachment 1901527

Old Chimney?:

View attachment 1901506

View attachment 1901510

Rock Wall:

View attachment 1901515

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

piratemap7

Nov 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had found that rock wall previously and took a video in the sun. Here it is

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the same red dot as Weregolf?
Yes, close enough as to near the top. It could have been a tiny bit right of it though, but still not any real significant difference.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This place is interesting. This target is in a flat area, right between where two streams converge. Its naturally hidden at the base of kind of a small basin. Not far away there is the base of an old stone structure. It looks like it could be the base of a chimney. Also an impressive rock wall not too far away. All of this within about 150 meters. Just went out to scout the area today. It was raining so I didn't bring my detector. If anything is really here then I should be able to detect it. With all the water flowing nearby they could not have dug down very deep. I'll definitely be coming back here to scan with my 58 cm PI coil and will update you and Red Desert with any finds.
Yes, that sounds exactly like the type of area I was getting. Probably a good idea to search to the left and right of where Okie marked (especially a spot off on the left side).

OP
OP
P

piratemap7

Nov 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think Okie has the location correct, but I would have called it an area of archaeological hits.

You got the archaeological stuff right. You're not seeing any gold or silver in the area?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There can be or often is gold/silver associated with them. What little I've done for divers underwater shipwrecks, for me these all show up as archaeological hits. A lot depends on the kind of site you are exploring. Land is similar, usually old coins.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the targets in the site photos (right to left) don't even seem to be metallic. The metallic target (or targets) are in the next to last photo. That would be directly above your text Rock Wall. But in there, still can't seem to get any gold or silver.

OP
OP
P

piratemap7

Nov 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It could be that I missed the object when taking the photos. My GPS isn't very accurate. Here is a zoomed in image. Maybe we can get closer to the precise location.

View attachment 1901685

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any native gold?

ZoomedInDS1-G.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to mark the spot inside circle, but center is close enough. Directly above circle, right on the very edge, is something else which isn't gold or silver... probably more archaeological except some metallic.

OP
OP
P

piratemap7

Nov 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I checked all these places and didn't find anything. Not even junk metal. I did a lot of frequency work and used my pulse-induction 58cm coil. Got nothing within the 4 FT range. Here are some panorama shots of the locations in case I missed it. I'll visit the sites once more if you guys want to try and point the targets in the images.

Weregolf & Red desert's "Silver Cache" Site:
View attachment 1902155

Okiedowser's "Metal Box w/ Gold & Silver" Site:
View attachment 1902156

Red desert's "Native Gold" Site:
View attachment 1902157

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Silver cache site..

Attachments

• Piratemap7-#38.jpg
    Piratemap7-#38.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 150

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More of just an archaeological site no doubt. That would be highly unusual for site with stone ruins, not to have anything metallic (even if only iron which has mostly rusted away). However, lack of anything found with a metal detector is an almost certain sign, other treasure hunters probably have searched systematically this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread