Long range detecting

bigm

Jan 6, 2008
Hello to my new found friends

I have received so much solid information on these sites in the past few weeks I felt I needed to return the favor. I sure wish this board was around back in the eighties for sure it has answered a lot of questions I had .

My partner and I would be able to do long range detecting (one instance 20 miles) of signals.
To do this place an object that you are looking for(such as a silver dollar) on the ground and in the sun.
Let the sun warm it up (usually one hour)
While you are waiting place another coin similar to the one on the ground on your rod (at the tip)
Walk around the coin on the ground in a circular motion with the rods positioned as normal would.
When you get the first cross rods that object is the closest ,but continue walking. You will find more often then not you will get more signals but more fainter then the first.Those will be the ones farther away..
Then pick the one signal you want to try, pick up the coin from the ground(this will break the signal lines from the other picks and walk in a straight line as a base line of a pyramid .When the signal is crossed again you will often noticed you had just created a pyramid.
Now with the help of your partner(this can be a little tricky) get in your vehicle and drive parallel to the signal if possible. While one of you is driving the other should be always be letting the rod work. You will find that after some practice you will be able to triangulate in your mind on where the tip of the pyramid is(or you can use a map,compass, and ruler to triangulate)
As you gain experience in this you will notice you dont have to put the coin on the rod
hope this helps someone
mike

OP
OP
B

bigm

Jan 6, 2008
opps I meant to post this on the dowsing forum
sorry about that.
Mr moderator could you pleas move this for me?
thanks
mike

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have given some thought and have figured out what you meant. After I get that first signal, I am to move the coin on the ground to my right or left, say 50 feet, at a 90 degree angle from the signal direction and place the coin on the ground and then the next signal will point at the target at a different angle, making a pyramid, the base is the line that is between the 2 spots I placed the coin on the ground. The target will be the in the direction of the point of the pyramid. Yep that should work! I have found that dowsing from a auto only works for me If I am sitting on Leather seats...?!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks bigm for reminding me about the use of the rod in the automobile. I find that the rod will drag when you pass the signal line so I usually stop and back up until it is beside the car. I can then get out and take a GPS reading….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread