OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Mike….This is why I asked the question. From what I have read only some of the meteorites are composed of Iron and Nickel. I will have no problem locating Meteorites comprised of those elements. I have some readings that tell me there is a small Meteorite about a mile away. I am also getting readings for Mammoth Tusks and Dinosaur Bones in the same area. When the ground and snow cooperate I will learn more. Until then I want to learn as much as possible..Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I ran up to the hill yesterday. The road I wanted was still snowed in. There was a down hill I didn’t think I could come back up. I caught another road that looked like it may go around this spot. No luck. I ended up on a ridge about a half mile from my spot. I was getting so many meteorite signals that it was confusing. I found one rock that seems to be part of a meteorite. I went to the Prospector & Treasure Hunters shop this morning but the expert in my area was not in. I have to admit the 40 or so Meteorites in the shop did not look like the rock I found….Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I am continuing my search. Out of the millions of rocks that I have walked over only 3 of them had a content of Nickel and Iron. When cut open none of them looked like they were nothing but plain old rocks. The strongest signal seems to be coming from private land. I will keep working on this but they are predicting snow tomorrow so I will have to see what happens. I want to thank LRLman for his information….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread