How do you make dowsing rods?

josh

Mar 12, 2005
Hello all,
I'm new and want to give dowsing a try just for fun. So how's the best way to make cheep yet effective dowsing rods, that are the most "user friendly?" ----If you can't already tell I know nothing bout the art of dowsing----- and I heard it related to witchcraft, is this true? If so I don't want to get into anything that deals with spirits and or bad juju if you know what I mean..
My apologies to those who may have posted how to make them a thousand times over.. but I just get confused with all the posts.. ???

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
aarthrj3811 said:

Josh I read the topic that Art sent you again. I have no problem with utilitie lines, water and such. I can find coins. I want more, so I'm willing to learn. I did the walk arounds Art described in his replies. They work. I paid attention to my rods. My outside rod always turns in and my inside rod always stays straight until I'm above the target. When I'm walking around a target on my right, my left rod points to the target. When the target is on my left, the right rod points to the target. They cross on the target. The "S" walk Art described is a great tool to watch your rods and move with them. I put out a penny and walked around it in every direction and had no problem locating it. I did the same with some fine raw gold. Then I put the penny and gold about 10 feet apart. I wanted to locate the penny and walked all over and around the gold. My rods pointed the penny every time and ignored the gold. I switched and wanted to locate the gold with the same results. I did. I walked directly across, over, around, and between the gold and penny and whichever one I wanted to locate I did, without any resistance from the other. He talked about marking North, South, East, and West with the rods. That too worked just as he said it would. I found out something while doing this. I don't have to use two rods. I put one rod in my writing hand, about 4" from the center of my chest "it worked better there than away from my body", with my arm resting against my side. I got the same results with one rod that I get with the outside rod when using two. The rod constantly points the intended object. When I was directly over the object the bottom of the hand holding the rod was directly over the object everytime, and the rod was perfectly parrallel to my chest. If I stepped over the object, just like two rods do for me, the rod swung backward into my chest. I even played with the dollar bill thing he described and it works. Try these things the way Art said. You may find it easier than you think, and allot of fun. -- If I'm correct you mentioned something about whether dowsing is right or wrong? My theory is, and remember, this is just my theory, ANYTHING and Everything can be used for good or bad. We each have to decide how we are going to use it. I don't, and won't use dowsing for anything bad. So for me, it's good. You decide how you want to use dowsing, and that should give you the answer you're looking for.

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
p.s. Josh I meant to mention this. The only spirits I deal with is the Holy Spirit. I'm not a witch and I don't think I've ever met one. And I'm not even sure what bad juju is. I just like to dowse for fun.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Digum…Thanks for trying my methods as that is why they are there. I have my own set of rules that I follow. You will have to determine your own rules. Practice a lot until you know what the rods are telling you. I have saw the rods spin, both turn to the target and one guy whose rods would point at the ground. What ever works for you is the way to go…Art

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
Thank you for posting those methods Art. Easy physical exercises that will improve me and my rods. It already has. Marking where north, south, east, and west with the rods at the beginning of the exercises really made me think about how much more is involved, and what I "don't" know about what makes the rods work. And I've been using them for probably 20 years. I picked them up and could do it because I thought everyone else could. I know now they can't. I've always been what you'd call a country dowser. Find an unmarked water line for a small town, a gas line for a neighbor, an old well for someone else. It's only been the last few years that I've used rods for coins. I found and marked a small mine. But if you ask me how it works, or why it works, my answer would be, "I can't tell you, I just know that it does." There are allot of us out here like that. My neighbor down the road, a deacon at the local country church can dowse. He's good, but he can't tell you anymore about how or why than I can. I want to learn the why's, and the how's. I have a lot more time for treasure hunting now so I intend to use the rods allot. I've tried Carl's methods with the pendulum and cards. That's a tough one, and it might cause me brainfreeze, but I'll keep trying, and I appreciate his or anyone elses input. I'll try it for awhile and if I can master it, then that'll make me a better treasure hunter. If not, oh well, at least I tried.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread