Dowsing Rods?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
They are hocus pocus, with their own section reserved for them, on the T'net menu.

If you really think there's some merit to them, save your money and just use a bent coat hanger. For extra power, you can always use bird seed, squint real hard, and stand on one foot :o If someone tells you that's not scientific, you merely tell them "it's undiscovered science" ::)

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Tom_in_CA said:
They are hocus pocus, with their own section reserved for them, on the T'net menu.

If you really think there's some merit to them, save your money and just use a bent coat hanger. For extra power, you can always use bird seed, squint real hard, and stand on one foot :o If someone tells you that's not scientific, you merely tell them "it's undiscovered science" ::)
Just wondering if you believe in anything you can not see? Anything?

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
hmm-mm-mm, so most of you (from the posts in this thread) state that unless you "see" it, 'it' has no energy discharge? Or a memory? No spirit of place, encoding, etc...? Or even HOW an image is addressed?

I respefully disagree. I think I *might* have physics on my side:)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Dowsing rods and pendulums are the most common “””TOOLS”’’’ used by dowsers. Start with a set of dowsing rods made from coat hangers. There are a lot of dowsing rods on the market and some of them are very expensive. .....Your the one that has to learn to dowse and you are the one that decides if you want to add this tool to your treasure hunting…..Art

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Absolutely, I agree w/ aarthur, use wire hangers...BUT , for fun and peace of mind, put them or insert them into plastics starws and where you'll place your hands...it keeps them free swingin'...no hand manipulation...or ya could take it a step further and buy small PVC piping, copper tubing...anthing to let those wires feel 'it.'

Psst...what some are missing here is the fact that it's all about intent. Period...and that's a good thing, don't cha think?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Vibes and LaBeep, I'll accept your assertions that we can't discount things we can't see, and things we can't ascribe to scientific explanations. As long as you too accept this assertion that I will make: Take an old rotting pair of Nike tennis shoes, sprinkle them with birdseed, then put a magnet inside of them. You throw the old shoe up in the air, and wherever it points when it lands, is pointing to treasure (or some metal target). Keep repeating the process, progressing to wherever the shoe points. Eventually, you can take out your detector to "pinpoint", and there's bound to be something metal in the area (a nail, a penny, etc...). So presto! the tennis shoe pointed you to it!

Now you certainly can't dismiss this assertion on the basis that it could be attributed to blind chance or lack of scientific explanation. Afterall, we can't dismiss things just because they aren't backed by known science, right? Therefore you must accept that the tennis shoe treasure finder might actually work, and be proved by future science. Then too will I accept that your coat hanger or any other such dowsing devices, might also work to find treasure.

Do we have an agreement?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Tom_in_CA said:
Vibes and LaBeep, I'll accept your assertions that we can't discount things we can't see, and things we can't ascribe to scientific explanations. As long as you too accept this assertion that I will make: Take an old rotting pair of Nike tennis shoes, sprinkle them with birdseed, then put a magnet inside of them. You throw the old shoe up in the air, and wherever it points when it lands, is pointing to treasure (or some metal target). Keep repeating the process, progressing to wherever the shoe points. Eventually, you can take out your detector to "pinpoint", and there's bound to be something metal in the area (a nail, a penny, etc...). So presto! the tennis shoe pointed you to it!

Now you certainly can't dismiss this assertion on the basis that it could be attributed to blind chance or lack of scientific explanation. Afterall, we can't dismiss things just because they aren't backed by known science, right? Therefore you must accept that the tennis shoe treasure finder might actually work, and be proved by future science. Then too will I accept that your coat hanger or any other such dowsing devices, might also work to find treasure.

Do we have an agreement?

Is there a long range locator model that takes kitty litter instead of birdseed?

I think dowsing works in many forms... but, I do NOT think it's explainable and remains a mystery.

I've read some pretty fantastic explanations about HOW it works and think all of it is verbal "Hocus-Pokus".

I think an old farmer can dowse water before anyone can dowse some miscellaneous treasure.

That's what I think... not that you care. :tongue3:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Tom! I know you're never going to believe this, but I took an old pair of Reebok's (I only have new Nike's) and covered them in honey, (so the birdseed would stick) and the tossed them into the air, just like you said!

Yes, I know that I forgot the magnet, :-\ but check this out!

The shoes both landed the same direction, roughly northeast and in alignment with the latest batch of solar flares. I got out my metal detector, put new batteries in it, (I never use it anymore now that I have the magic shoes) and started to hunt in the direction the shoes were pointing. Before I started to hunt, though, I stuck a magnet in my mouth and a 14K gold Phoenix Suns bling pendant in my right sock.

About 90 feet away from the shoes, I felt something tug on my pants leg, and at the same time, the detector beeped. At the same time!! :o :o Do you see what I'm getting at here??

Yep, I dug where the metal detector beeped and, sure enough, I found a 1986 penny! Right there where the shoes said it would be!!

I honestly don't know how to thank you enough, seriously. I'm hoping to find enough pennies with my shoes to buy a good set of coathangers, then I can have my own dowsing rods as well.

Great job, Tom!!! You are truly an asset to this site. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Dr. Alexander Grigorievich Bakirov, a professor of mineralogy at Polytechnical Institute in the faraway Siberian city of Tomsk (?), who represented the Soviet Interdepartmental Commission for the Study of the Bio-Physical Effect, told fellow dowsers from Czechoslovakia and the United States that he and other Russians have used rods and other instruments to dowse, or as the Soviets, leaning on Vasiliev’s early terminology, put it, to bio-physically locate ore bodies as deep in the ground as 3000 feet and to make geological maps, working not only on foot but from helicopters travelling at 200 kilometers per hour 200 meters above the ground.

Can the mind respond to a magnetic field and does this field in some inscrutable way penetrate the universe allowing intercommunication with all creatures and things, which make it up?

The data obtained by the dowsing technique accords so well with other prospecting methods that there is hope, says Bakirov, that in the long run it may prove to be as effective – and hundreds of time less expensive – than existing methods of search.

It has been established that the device held in dowsers’ hands is only an amplifier for some signal linking them to sought-for objects. The necessity to “program” the mind for a target object seems to be at play. That exceptionally gifted dowsing sensitives can dispense entirely with a device is convincingly illustrated on two occasions in the dowsing section when Frances Farrelly, a medical technician and long-time researcher in radionics – a dowsing technique used to diagnose and treat ills by receiving and transmitting a completely unknown energy partly with the mind and partly with a tuning instrument – was challenged to demonstrate some of the outlandish techniques she had presented in her lecture.

When a Czech dowser asked her if she could find his glasses, which he had lost somewhere in the cavernous Railway Workers’ Building, Farrelly, after asking for a rough sketch of the building’s floor-plan, began asking a series of questions while at the same time rubbing the table in front of her. Whenever her fingers “stuck” to the table, a “yes” answer was indicated. Within minutes she went up to a store room on the third floor, accompanied by three all-but incredulous Slavic witnesses, and found the glasses put away for safekeeping in the exact spot her queries and rubbing had indicated they would be located.

A doctor of geology from the Czechoslovak Academy of Science slyly handed Farrelly a small piece of smooth mineralized rock and asked her if she could tell him where it came from and how old it was. As the portly geologist watched what to him seemed a modern-day revival of witchcraft or the arts of voodoo, Farrelly quickly eliminated the possibilities of the sample’s being of earthly, planetary or galactic origin and stated that it must have come from a meteorite. With a few moments more questioning and rubbing, she told the scientist that its age was close to 3,200,000 years. The astounded geologist admitted in front of a small band of witnesses that Farrelly’s answers corresponded to the best scientifically derived estimates of his expert colleagues.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Goldminer and Mike, you missed the point of it all, Af IS cashing in on exactly all the things you're saying! All those things you say are exactly what made his honey/birdseed covered tennis shoes work! Yes: he employed "expanded consciousness", he "put away his ego and intellect" he "meditated and used his thought-energy as primary light". Next he utilzed the "edge of the target's field as a change of polarity" (no doubt aided by the magnet in his mouth, and the gold item in his sock), allowing his "brain to make up the picture". He did all this becuse he was fully aware of the Siberian and Czech scientific work done on the subject (you can't argue with someone rubbing a table for psychic info. afterall).

So Af's only confirming what you're saying. Sure it was only a penny, but tomorrow a gold coin for sure! All your data is precisely what made/makes it work.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
" Barrett also conducted a number of experiments which supported the psychical theory. Here is a description of one:
A coin was to be hidden in some part of the room in the absence of the dowsers and while all those present in the room looked out of the window, the person hiding the coin was then to leave the room, and one of the dowsers called in to try and find the coin. This was done five times; first the coin was hidden by Sir William Barrett beneath an article lying on a chair in the large Council Room, 45 other chairs being similarly covered. The odds against finding the coin at the first venture were thus 45 to 1, but when Mr. Young was called in he immediately indicated the correct chair. Mr. Young again left the room, accompanied by a guardian, and the coin was hidden under another chair, which was again correctly indicated by Mr. Young. The odds against two such consecutive successes being due to chance coincidence are 2,025 to 1. (Barrett and Besterman, 1926/1968, p. 258).
Journal of the Society for Psychical Research [Vol. 51, No. 792

At the end of five trials, Barrett concluded that the odds against chance occurrence were 80,000,000 to 1.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mike(Mont) said:
Yes, you can draw a line on a piece of paper and use it for a wave guide...IF you can get past your ego, remove negativity, meditate, etc. to access your subconscious. You can take that line and curve it into a circle and use it like a dial on a meter. You can use a wood axle and wood wheels on your car and grease them with poop. Hey, you can use a putter to drive a golfball off the teebox...if you are Tiger Woods.
I drove a ball off a tee with a putter once, and I'm not even related to Tiger.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
a couple of weeks ago I was asked to detect a leyline on the camous of a well-known University. A priest asked me to do this...so, well I did. We;'ve dowsed together before...with huge success.

I also believe meditation is one of the most powerful things one can do in and for ALL areas of life.

Ohmmmmmm ;D

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
And may I add, be friends with your own mind.

Sincerely, I really don't know what more to add...yeah I could quote sources all day...but fundamentally, does it make a difference?! Either you believe or ya don't...and... have the desire to read, research, discover and uncover what resonates with your own soul in this particular arena.

Go to a particular place OR maybe you'll drawn to an area for no reason, take your to absorb or really FEEL that spirit of place energy. Remember, be mindful and "Do No Harm" .

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mike(Mont) said:
Insect antennae work like dowsing rods. One side is positive, the other negative.
Is this another one of your assumptions, Mike, or did you get this out of your "nose" book? Either way, this is something you should look up. I think you'll find the truth differs a bit from your opinion.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Mike(Mont) said:
Insect antennae work like dowsing rods. One side is positive, the other negative.

Yea... I disagree. A simple google search shows this to be unfounded. I think there are some obscure notations from the 1950s on electrical activities in the antenna of silk worms or something... but I can't find that to be substantiated in any current text.

While the antenna are certainly receptors, its for touch and smell primarily.

If I'm wrong, please advise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread