GPAA in NC?

goldfever1978

Sep 2, 2009
Concord, NC
I just wanted to know if there are any GPAA member's here from NC? I was thinking about joining and just had a few questions? I wanted to know how many GPAA sites there are to prospect in NC and if overall, is worth it to join? I guess I am the same as most in that I just don't want to throw money away. I appreciate any feedback on these questions. :dontknow: :coffee2: Thanks again! gf

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
60.00 membership fee,cheapest gamble there is in this biz/pastime.if you do any amount of traveling/prospecting,gpa can give you a foothold in many new 2 you areas.sure,many of the claims have been hammered,but that is not exclusive of gpa.the gpa claims guide lists some nc private property pay to play/camp areas,also some public access areas for panning,sluicing etc.may be wrong,but think that claimable public lands are all west of the mississippi river.but that some clubs operate on private land,and leases.am sure someone with local knowledge will chip in here.luck.

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
in my reply above,i stated that lands open to mineral entry are all west of mississippi river.while doing some reading in the blm claims guide 2006 edition,found that info to be wrong.seems that claims may be located upon public lands not withdrawn from mineral entry in florida and mississippi.as of 2006 anyway.much may have changed since then.anyway wanted to correct the previous post i made.luck

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
patches you were right the first time!!!!! and you were right the second!!!NOTHING worth claiming in fla.and miss.(mineral wize)not trying to ruffle feathers (i am from fla.)but no gold there naturally .

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
sheeesh,right twice?no ruffles here :hello2: too bad about no gold there.just happened to see the info,i try not to post mis-information.tx oh ya florida does have pirate/shipwreck gold tho. :icon_pirat:RRRR

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and lots ,and lots of lost gold jewelry!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread