Dredged Coins

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the seasons tally for coins dredged,most came from one spot.The ground and water were hard on all of them.It is not uncommon for me to dredge several 1800's coins a year but I could not read dates on anything before 1940 in this place!!!Also found fifty of the mystery discs?I have no idea what they were....sure thought they were halves as they came up(note the one Kennedy Half)but I can not read anything on any of them.12 quarters,17 dimes,23 nickels,1 half,and 32 pennies

Attachments

• dredge coins.jpg
    dredge coins.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 768

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats a lot. i have only dredged a couple.and they were in bad shape as well.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Stric,I dredge about half of that every year,and usually they are all pretty old,one year I dredged like 10 Barbers and 15 or 20 Buffaloes,Seateds pop up ocassionaly too!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the PUTBACK coins the best. In french gulch we found many great nice shape coins stashed in verticle walls. My oldest coin to date is a piece a 8 with a tiny hole drilled through it and found many pieces of broken chain with it. Someone was mutzing and a putzing in the creek and forgot to remove their jewelry just like at the beach. I throw most of them coins in a huge wooden box of junk coins for reclaim down the road--nice finds!! BUT how was the gold??? tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am in KALIF....unfortunatly.I have found Indian artifacts but few and far between.Man a piece of 8!!!That would be awesome!!The gold there was fair,but I actually did better than I thought as I was really working that hole in hopes of finding Saloon Tokens.......also pulled 15 pounds of lead out of that place alone!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions