Wonder What Your Losing in the Slucie ( Fairy Crosses Here)

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a recent trip to my nephew in Fannin county Ga. (Blue ridge) i thought i would see what i was missing behind a slucie. so i made a took ascreen wire and built a box put behind my dredge.. i ran it about hr and found about 25 fary crosses (staurolite) what a suprise . so after running it about 15 hr and going through all the tailing i ended up with about 5000 X and fariy crosses some very nice . i also ended up with a little gold to make this better . the size of hole that i worked in was 3x3x6 not a big area at all but a lot of time cleaning the screen out. so i see this is an untouch area so i guess ill be playing in my nephews back yard next year he has about 200 yards of creek . i gave him 1/2 of the crosses and all the gold

Attachments

• DSCF2669.JPG
    DSCF2669.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,806
  • DSCF2670.JPG
    DSCF2670.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,851
  • DSCF2671.JPG
    DSCF2671.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,400

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Re: Wonder What Your Losing in the Sucie ( Fairy Crosses Here)

Sweet thanks for sharing. I have never found any staurolite up here in SC. That's the state mineral of Georgia ain't it?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Wonder What Your Losing in the Sucie ( Fairy Crosses Here)

very few places those are found. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they are . those are first time i have found them . but again i never put a screen wire behind a dredge so mow i really wonder how much is lost like other gems. it might be like opeing another world. im planning on a trip over to nc next year i might have to try it out looking for rubies over there

dredgernz

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2009
ok2raise said:
On a recent trip to my nephew in Fannin county Ga. (Blue ridge) i thought i would see what i was missing behind a slucie. so i made a took ascreen wire and built a box put behind my dredge.. i ran it about hr and found about 25 fary crosses (staurolite) what a suprise . so after running it about 15 hr and going through all the tailing i ended up with about 5000 X and fariy crosses some very nice . i also ended up with a little gold to make this better . the size of hole that i worked in was 3x3x6 not a big area at all but a lot of time cleaning the screen out. so i see this is an untouch area so i guess ill be playing in my nephews back yard next year he has about 200 yards of creek . i gave him 1/2 of the crosses and all the gold

Very interesting - could you post a picture of the wire screen, please
cheers
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread