Oregon Gold Dredging Video

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Well here I am in this video dredging in Oregon on the Rogue River after we got kicked out of California. Spent a week there before the season ended. Looks like I'll be mining here next season. I was using my 6" Keene. I also found 27 lbs of lead from this river. My buddy found 41 lbs of lead...ha, wish that was gold.

Alan

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Very nice! I love seeing the underwater cameras in action, so neat. Looks like a great haul too.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey alan,good to see you are still at it ,and doing pretty good too! :headbang: :thumbsup:let me know if you get back in ga.keep it up and good to see you on t-net :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Hey Strickman whats happening man! Ill be back in Ga for 2 weeks from Dec 22 till jan 4. Gonna bring my Infinium and maybe hit Yorkville and Sixes. I found a small nugget yesterday in happy Camp California on a massive old hydraulic mine. It was 27 degrees but it was fun. Back in Oregon now. I like your dredge you fixed up!

I'm gonna modify my 4 inch mini for dry land mining before the season so I can use it as a highbanker/dredge in Cali since we cant dredge there, so ill use it in May-june for "booming" then go back to Oregon to dredge there with my 6" Keene to finish the season out. Man that thing can move some material.

Alan

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit me up!but be carefull at york ville-don't get caught with a detector.i haven't been there in a while.i've been wanting to hit owl creek .pm me when you get here.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bearkat said:
Well here I am in this video dredging in Oregon on the Rogue River after we got kicked out of California. Spent a week there before the season ended. Looks like I'll be mining here next season. I was using my 6" Keene. I also found 27 lbs of lead from this river. My buddy found 41 lbs of lead...ha, wish that was gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGf_7t9Hs0

Alan

You boys out west should try and get a little local media mention on removing lead , lead containing items or any other material considered hazardous from the waters out there . Dump a few buckets of nasty look'in stuff out on the sidewalk for them to show on the local TV news " human interest " segment . Let them know that the native gold hobbyist cleans up alot of bad stuff, out of the water and off the land. Remember .... you are a " native gold hobbyist ". Might help with the politics out there if yall can win some hearts and minds by actually showing some of the crap you can remove from their water ........ especially items containing lead . Anything that can help cast a positive on the " Native Gold hobbyist " is good for all of us , no matter what state or part of the country we happen to be hunting in at the time . Might not be long before a pan and shovel is forbidden .

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amen might help us all, most prospectors now try to do the right thing ,but still get a bad rap.every time i go i usually bring back more garbage than i took,plus lead etc.i probably clean more rivers and creeks than the leaf lickers!

john adams

Feb 10, 2006
Thats the video that is posted on the new 49ers forum they used it to quell the mob.
The only real complete part that you can use of the 4' dredge is the motor. Even a 4 suction nozzel is hard to dryland with. If you use the jetlog then you will need to keep it underwater and that is a lot of water to have too add.
I was taught by a old local :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello2: and am the guy who ran Armadillo for Mike H and most of the dryland dredges around here based on these type.
Would be willing to show what little I know about workin out of the water.
There is a few things to learn (lack of better word) to be able to move much material.
I am working now .I am in GP ORE.

John Adams

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell it !whats the dry land technique that works.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Hey John, I think you are the John that I bought my 6 from at Armadillo? You bought the place from Mike right? or is a different guy. I see your post on 49ers forum, good to see you here. I was thinking of getting a nozzle like that for dry land mining, there another one out there I'm trying to find that works a little different. I'll try to find it.
Me and Yerby are trying to get info out with pics/vids of all the lead we found on the rogue river. Just between me and C. Colt for one week is around 60 lbs of lead from dredging with 5 and 6 inch.

Alan

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
Hey guys,

Nice video and maybe I will see you out on the river this summer. I hope to be out there getting some myself. I am pretty dissapointed that I can't get on the new 49er forum. I am the guy that posted the info up on the little electric dredge some time back and I like to share allot of tech over there. Then they made it a pay setup and I could not get on without paying. So sorry for them I passed I am thinking of pulling my pic's where they are hosted which will drop them off the forum. I had been on that forum since day one and to force us to pay to be there is bogus. It is not the price but the point. They said to keep the riff raff down and spammers. :icon_scratch: yeah right. I know allot of guys that used to be on there to and none of them go back and pay. I will put the money gas in my truck or dredge first. I really like all the guys there but they shot them selves in the foot on that one. I am only an hour away from Happy camp and 2 hours from GP. Hope to meet you guys out there sometime.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golddredgergold said:
Hey guys,

Nice video and maybe I will see you out on the river this summer. I hope to be out there getting some myself. I am pretty dissapointed that I can't get on the new 49er forum. I am the guy that posted the info up on the little electric dredge some time back and I like to share allot of tech over there. Then they made it a pay setup and I could not get on without paying. So sorry for them I passed I am thinking of pulling my pic's where they are hosted which will drop them off the forum. I had been on that forum since day one and to force us to pay to be there is bogus. It is not the price but the point. They said to keep the riff raff down and spammers. :icon_scratch: yeah right. I know allot of guys that used to be on there to and none of them go back and pay. I will put the money gas in my truck or dredge first. I really like all the guys there but they shot them selves in the foot on that one. I am only an hour away from Happy camp and 2 hours from GP. Hope to meet you guys out there sometime.
please show the info on the little electric dredge 8) :icon_thumleft: :sign13: :icon_sunny: :sign13:

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
Look for it shortly probably after the holidays. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Hey Man I remember your post about the dredge...was kool. From what I here the guy who runs the forum is kinda broke and says he needs the money to run the forum. Not sure though it does suck to have to pay...geez my 49er membership is enough I thought. See you in Oregon! Maybe Cali of were lucky! Im going back to Happy Camp to start my dry land mining before dredge season begins, maybe in April or May. See you there!

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread