jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my kids camping and dredging at Quartzville creek for 4 days in Sweethome Oregon.
I did my share of cleaning up the river, this is 3 days of dredging off and on. Found enough led to sink a small boat! Plenty of live rounds and fish hooks, nails, and a butcher knife. OH and the Gold was some of worst mercury coated I have ever found there.
All in all we had a good time. The kids spent a lot of time swimming and rafting.
I also had a guy ask if I could find a boat anchor so I did a little deep water diving in a hole about 25' to30' deep. Recovered the anchor and made a new friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 700
OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_1419.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 805

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Well at least you found some color, sounds like a good time overall. Wow you weren't joking, that's a lot of lead! And that knife might be a murder weapon someone hoped would disappear...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send that pic of trash to the EOM,BAMA or other oregon club to use in the dredge permit fight going on RIGHT NOW in Oregon before a 5" permit costs $11,000+++-John

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
Send that pic of trash to the EOM,BAMA or other Oregon club to use in the dredge permit fight going on RIGHT NOW in Oregon before a 5" permit costs $11,000+++-John

I will do that with the pics, am also going to send a pic directly to Senator Wyden. I sent him an Email last year and requested a response on how he felt about dredging and never got a reply.
To the others who responded! I had to move my dredge to a different location because of all the led. I was thinking that there had to be Gold there if there was led but it never showed. I could have easily doubled that amount of led but I was not getting any color in that spot.
Thanks for looking!!!

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golddust77 said:
that's more lead than there is in the junk yards nowdays at leased if you kept going you could have cashed in a nice chunk of lead. ha ha

It was a very nice pay streak of led. Could actually follow it on top the bed rock in a line under a nice layer of hard pack. I think the Gold is to fine to pocket up against the bed rock, it likes to stay closer to the surface. That's just my thought on that, not to sure.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog, you did a good deed for cleaning that junk up. also sounds like you had a great time with the kids and that is really good to hear [ especially now-a-days ] with all of the bad things you hear.
your next trip will turn out to be a good day dredging and getting that yellow metal.
thanks much for sharing the pictures.
take care and be safe out there. ron

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jog-
Great pics and tale about your trip.
Hope to get down there some time this summer.
We haven't been out much, only up the N.Fk Santiam but it was too early.
Now work is taking over. LOL
My permit for beach at Nestucca runs out this weekend and never got the chance to try there.
Grey

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a claim on the trinity outta douglas city with the same insane fishermens lead ungodly mess-actually worse as salmon/steelhead rigs by the 100's. Problem is all the cracks fulla trash and NO PLACE FOR THE GOLD TO HIDE!!! :dontknow: Is that your claim jog?-John

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John
No! Quartzville is a spot that I go to when I can't get away for very long. Two and a half hour drive from my place so I can get there fairly quick. Kids like it there because of the large swimming holes on the river.
I have a claim just southwest of Grants Pass and one out of Granite Oregon.
I don't mind the bigger pieces of led but all the little led shot and broken specks sure make it hard to pan out the fine gold.

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hey Jog, Thanks for the pics and story. That is one heck of alot of lead, and they don't think dredging helps the environment? I beg to differ. Here is some dirty gold I'm finding in my area. I'll take the dirty gold anytime. Goodluck. Jimmygoat

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 812
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 505
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 503
OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! That's some nice chunky looking shine. That piece with the quartz looks great. I suppose gold is gold weather it's dirty or not, but it just seems to makes more work.
Thanks for the pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions